Visa Advice

hi everyone, i did a quick search but still unclear on the best strategy for me. can anyone please advise?

i'm a USA citizen from san francisco, my last visit to thailand was in january using the standard 30 day tourist visa. i will visit again in april for another 30 days to scope out bangkok for business opportunities and to look for an apartment. my plan is to come back again in june on a more permanent basis, i would like to stay for 6 months to perhaps a year.

can someone suggest the best option for my stay in june? i plan on starting some type of business on my own, but that will probably not launch until 2-3 months after i arrive in thailand. will having made 2 prior visits to thailand in a short period of time reduce my chances on obtaining a longer stay visa in june?

thanks in advance for you help.

sam

hi everyone, i did a quick search but still unclear on the best strategy for me. can anyone please advise?

i'm a USA citizen from san francisco, my last visit to thailand was in january using the standard 30 day tourist visa. i will visit again in april for another 30 days to scope out bangkok for business opportunities and to look for an apartment. my plan is to come back again in june on a more permanent basis, i would like to stay for 6 months to perhaps a year.

can someone suggest the best option for my stay in june? i plan on starting some type of business on my own, but that will probably not launch until 2-3 months after i arrive in thailand. will having made 2 prior visits to thailand in a short period of time reduce my chances on obtaining a longer stay visa in june?

thanks in advance for you help.

sam

Apply for a multiple entry Non-Immigrant Business visa at a Thai Consulate in Texas. That visa enables up to 90 day stays on each entry. It can be turned into a one year stay once you get the business set up and obtain a work permit.

Dr Pat Pong, I am have the same question and appreciate your answer, however, in order to obtain the multiple entry business visa doesn't one need an letter of sponsorship from a Thai company? Thanks for your help in advance.

Dr Pat Pong, I am have the same question and appreciate your answer, however, in order to obtain the multiple entry business visa doesn't one need an letter of sponsorship from a Thai company? Thanks for your help in advance.

Houston is helpful. They'll accept your own business letter. Good luck

thank you doctor. what are my options if i currently do not have my own business? what things should i include in the letter to houston in order to support my request?

dukemay, when do you plan on applying for this? i won't be doing this until june. please send me a private message and we can discuss offline.

thanks.