Foreigner wanted for armed robbery at Central Pattaya Money Exchange Booth

webfact

QUOTE: "He was held at gunpoint for a time as the suspect, whose face was concealed by a safety helmet, entered the store and told everyone to “Sit Down” in English, which is when they knew the suspect was not Thai."

QUOTE: "whose face was concealed by a safety helmet," They don't have a footage of his motorcycle's numberplate??? He must have parked his motorcycle somewhere !!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Amazing how many people will take an opportunity to bash Thais in general and the police in particular based on events described second-hand in a media report. The journalist simply explains why witnesses presumed the robber was not Thai (since his face was covered), and people make all sorts of sarcastic comments about the witnesses/police.

TVF is full of them. They come on here to Thai bash until their favourite 40thb a bottle of Chang bar opens. If the robber had entered the exchange and said sit down it Thai and the witnesses had said he was farang they'd likely self combust.
I'm not going to defend 'Thai Bashers' in this thread, but in fairness to the farang posters there is also a good selection of 'Farang bashing' farang on here, none more so than #16 by 'soalbundy'.

A personal attack on another member has been removed along with the quoted reply

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Has he got odd socks on?

brown socks, leather sandals, varicose veins, beer stained shorts and a beer gut, the well dressed hansum Pattaya farang.

I don't believe this is the case, no self-respecting hansum farang denizen of Pattaya would be seen dead in shorts, shoes (look again, not sandals) and dark coloured socks; although the beer gut does ring a bell.

Got to be a tourist.

Or a fiendishly cunning hansum Patterite.

Amazing how many people will take an opportunity to bash Thais in general and the police in particular based on events described second-hand in a media report. The journalist simply explains why witnesses presumed the robber was not Thai (since his face was covered), and people make all sorts of sarcastic comments about the witnesses/police.

I agree. I wasn't there and know only what was told to a reporter, who also wasn't there at the time of the crime.

Some readers seem to have solved the suspects identity and details of the crime through some exceptional and mystical medium. The juvenile and crude comments seem to emanate from a bottle, containing an elixir of knowledge, wisdom and perhaps, alcohol.

Of course, this is sheer speculation since I know them only by what they post and the bizarre slant of the contents.

Why does it have to say Foreigner wanted, why couldn't it just say man wanted or person wanted, that just shows the real person or country, what if you said that in the UK or USA, or many other places, you would be accused of singling out certain people, who is to say he was not from Chang Rai, pretty white and good English up there, COULD BE ANY ONE AND ANY NATIONALITY.

Why does it have to say Foreigner wanted, why couldn't it just say man wanted or person wanted, that just shows the real person or country, what if you said that in the UK or USA, or many other places, you would be accused of singling out certain people, who is to say he was not from Chang Rai, pretty white and good English up there, COULD BE ANY ONE AND ANY NATIONALITY.

Right, in the USA they won't say if the suspect is Afro-American or Asian or Caucasian? I don't think so.

Right, in the USA they won't say if the suspect is Afro-American or Asian or Caucasian? I don't think so.

That is stating a colour, why not say white man robs exchange booth instead, have you never seen a white Thai, so if I had robbed it and said sit down in Thai, would they have said Thai person robs booth, and how would you tell if someone was Afro American with out asking them first, They could just have been African, get my drift

That is stating a colour, why not say white man robs exchange booth instead, have you never seen a white Thai, so if I had robbed it and said sit down in Thai, would they have said Thai person robs booth, and how would you tell if someone was Afro American with out asking them first, They could just have been African, get my drift

Nope;-)