US: What happens if Homeland Security shuts down?

webfact

Funding never stops this is totally b.s. they just continue on with the same funding they already had and do not get the increase they are asking for in the new budget.

Even during a shut down essential government offices keep open. Makes me sick how bad journalism has gotten . Did you see they got Brian Williams for B.S about being shot at in I think it was Iraq.

The problem is too much politics and not enough statesmanship. I believe the will of the people is best implemented through good faith negotiation and compromise achieved by the people's elected representatives, not by partisan brinkmanship and gridlock.

Any member of either house of a Congress that fails to pass a timely annual budget, which is one of Congress's few constitutionally mandated duties, should be fired immediately at the beginning of the relevant fiscal year that begins with anything less than a full annual budget, and forever ineligible for any public office, whether it be federal, state, county (or in my case, parish), or municipal, down to and including dogcatcher.

And when they are fired, all their staff should be fired and those positions permanently deleted, except for the one most senior person to help the successor, thus removing the worst of the entrenched, bloated bureaucracy.

The US did quite well without the DHS until it's inception in 2002... There is so much overlap with the US intelligencia networks, there would be little to no effect on US security... I mean, after all, isn't all the NSA surveillance supposed to be protecting everyone? rolleyes.gif

Absolutely in agreement, NSA, CIA, FBI, US armed forces, State and local police had it covered. They just needed to share info at the highest levels.

The US did quite well without the DHS until it's inception in 2002... There is so much overlap with the US intelligencia networks, there would be little to no effect on US security... I mean, after all, isn't all the NSA surveillance supposed to be protecting everyone? rolleyes.gif

Absolutely in agreement, NSA, CIA, FBI, US armed forces, State and local police had it covered. They just needed to share info at the highest levels.

Instead of co-operating they compete... and the result is a disaster for the USA.

Maybe, like the millions of illegals who freely cross the border, my wife could enter the country without being forced to take an armful of vaccinations against her will.

Sir, Your wife may object on religious grounds. She can't be questioned any further after making that statement.

Instead of co-operating they compete... and the result is a disaster for the USA.
But they all have such a good time together at their annual circle jerk, the SHOT Show in Las Vegas. Sorry, you just missed it the other week.

Maybe, like the millions of illegals who freely cross the border, my wife could enter the country without being forced to take an armful of vaccinations against her will.

Sir, Your wife may object on religious grounds. She can't be questioned any further after making that statement.

An American citizen can object, and in many states that's the end of it.

But an immigrant must then file a request for a waiver, and the fee is close to $600. The waivers are almost always denied, after waiting months to be processed.

In the meantime, another half million illegals will be welcomed into the United States, and none will be required to take a single vaccination.

• Like 1