Thai Health Ministry to give clean needles to drug users in effort to lower HIV infections

webfact

Public Health Ministry to give clean needles to drug users in effort to lower HIV infections

BANGKOK, 10 February 2015 (NNT)-The National AIDS Prevention and Alleviation Committee has planned to give out clean needles to drug addicts, in an effort to curb HIV infections among the junkies.

Director General of the Department of Disease Control Dr. Sophon Mekthon said the committee has unanimously agreed to spend part of its allocated 2015 budget buying clean needles for drug addicts.

According to the doctor, the move is not meant to encourage new users. AIDS infections are high among addicts, as they often share the needles among themselves.

Unless they are able to stop using illegal drugs, those addicts will be given a small dose of Methadone as a replacement for other substances, the Director General said.

Many of them have been infected because the needles they shared are not sanitized. The number of new infections has increased by nearly 50%.

The Department of Disease Control will begin a pilot project in a few selected areas. Former drug addicts will be asked to join the program, encouraging current users to participate in the program.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-02-10 footer_n.gif

Clean needles will only promote more drug usewhistling.gif

That is if you use the same logic as the idiot from OBEC who banned having condoms in schools to prevent pregnancies STD's

now if I get clean needles I could try it.....blink.png

"AIDS infections are high among addicts, as they often share the needles among themselves."

AIDS is not an infectious disease. Its a condition wherby the immune system has been suppressed.

The theory, which to-date has not been substantiated, is that the condition is caused by an infectious agent - a retroviruus HIV. That this virus can be passed on through contact with contaminated blood.

The more probable reason of the high incidence of the onset of AIDS in drug users it is the use of Recreational drugs and the general lifestyle associated with their use .

Whereas studies tend to support the effectiveness of Needle Exchange Programs in reducing 'HIV infection'

It has still not been demonstarted that HIV is the cause of AIDS or even that this so called virus even exists.

• Like 1

"AIDS infections are high among addicts, as they often share the needles among themselves."

AIDS is not an infectious disease. Its a condition wherby the immune system has been suppressed.

The theory, which to-date has not been substantiated, is that the condition is caused by an infectious agent - a retroviruus HIV. That this virus can be passed on through contact with contaminated blood.

The more probable reason of the high incidence of the onset of AIDS in drug users it is the use of Recreational drugs and the general lifestyle associated with their use .

Whereas studies tend to support the effectiveness of Needle Exchange Programs in reducing 'HIV infection'

It has still not been demonstarted that HIV is the cause of AIDS or even that this so called virus even exists.

So recreational drugs cause AIDS, not the HIV, which may not even exist? Uh-huh. I won't even bothering asking for a link.

So recreational drugs cause AIDS, not the HIV, which may not even exist? Uh-huh. I won't even bothering asking for a link.

There are plenty of links that support those views, but they are just theories that have never been proven.

i must admit i have only seen one drug addict in thailand and he was sniffing glue from a plastic bag...i have never seen any drug paraphanalia laying about either...we know its out thier but it is not in your face,like philli and cambodia

There are plenty of links that support those views, but they are just theories that have never been proven.

So you understand why I didn't want to read them.

HIV as the cause of AIDS proposed in 1983 by Robert Gallo is also a theory that has never been 'proved'

In fact many leading Virologist, Chemist, Medical practioners including Nobel Prize Laureates have spoken out against this theory of HIV=AIDS in favour of the lifestyle cause of AIDS.

Before you scoff take a little bit of time to do some research into the matter and avoid being led like a sheep feed on the myths and propoganda of powerful interest gourps.