Good News from Thai Immigration - 90 day report is now possible online!

webfact

Worked perfectly for me. Notice of confirmation received by email after 3 days. On the immigration website under "check status", two pdf documents are provided: the TM47 stamped 'approved' and 'Receipt of Notification' with next appointment date on it. Beautiful.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I did my 90 day report, in person, the immigration officer told me it only works for those who have entered the country within the last 2 years so if you have been here longer than that you have to go & come back to be entered into the online system.

When I did my 90 day report, in person, the immigration officer told me it only works for those who have entered the country within the last 2 years so if you have been here longer than that you have to go & come back to be entered into the online system.

There may be something to this. I last entered in 2008. I can't get pass the first page of the online system...I enter the initial data...hit enter so I can go to next page and then a pop-up window says I must visit my local immigration office. Have tried many times with all types of variations with no luck.

Wondering if some of you fine folks "who have been successful in using the online system" could say when you "last entered the country" to help determine if what the immigration officer told Valentine is true. Thanks.

I'll keep sending my in by mail until after my extension renewal next year, and then will reassess to see if Online 90 Day is functional yet. Not holding my breath.

90 day report online is currently NOT recommended:

As HTTP Secure is currently NOT provided. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

HTTPS.jpg

The transmission of your sensitive and personal information is currently only offered via an insecure and unauthenticated online connection.

Please be warned, you are at increased risk of identity theft and fraud using this service in its current form.

Then use your own VPN

Wondering if some of you fine folks "who have been successful in using the online system" could say when you "last entered the country" to help determine if what the immigration officer told Valentine is true. Thanks.

Ubonjoe was also told the same thing by immigration. But yes, if your attempts fail, posting your last entry date may help to verify this issue.

As HTTP Secure is currently NOT provided. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

HTTPS.jpg

The transmission of your sensitive and personal information is currently only offered via an insecure and unauthenticated online connection.

Please be warned, you are at increased risk of identity theft and fraud using this service in its current form.

Then use your own VPN
Sorry WRONG if the website does not use "https" there is nothing at all you can do to protect your data. Having said that is the data really sensitive? You have to decide if the risk is worthwhile.

Please learn what a VPN does before offering false and misleading advice about how and where to use one.

There may be something to this. I last entered in 2008. I can't get pass the first page of the online system...I enter the initial data...hit enter so I can go to next page and then a pop-up window says I must visit my local immigration office. Have tried many times with all types of variations with no luck.

I also last entered in 2008 so it could well explain why many get "contact immigration office" message.

My online report attempt failed when I tried it out just before my extension was due. I wasn't surprised. They later automatically did the report as part of the extension process.

However. I did successfully complete an online report for a friend. His last arrival was December 2010.

Maybe the difference was that he did his extension near the beginning of the year.

Ubonjoe was also told the same thing by immigration. But yes, if your attempts fail, posting your last entry date may help to verify this issue.

Well, I sure hope immigration is just not going to set on their butts and not load earlier years also. I hope they don't expect people to leave and reenter Thailand just to get loaded into their 90 day online reporting database.

Seems they should be able to do a retrieval of all folks currently accomplishing 90 days address reports and transfer the data over. But it wouldn't surprise me they have a one trainee setting in front of an old terminal in a hot room manually entering data...yeap, wouldn't surprise me...hope I'm wrong.

HTTPS.jpg

Then use your own VPN

An individual's data being stolen "while entering the data" whether using a VPN connection or not shouldn't be a person's biggest concern; I would think the security against hackers breaking into the database and stealing everyone's data should be of a much bigger concern. Based on how the 90 day online reporting is not even using a https secure connection, I doubt their security/firewall to keep out hackers is very good.

If hackers can break into secure U.S. govt computers and steal personal data one at least 4 million former and current U.S. federal employees (the big hacked news story right now), I have no doubt Thailand personnel data bases like the 90 day online reporting database are easy pickings.

Appears the site does have SSL but with a lot of flaws, one being a self signed certificate. It only takes one modest change in the server configuration to activate SSL as they have everything in place. Even so, there are so many problems with their configuration probably next to useless.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=extranet.immigration.go.th

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=extranet.immigration.go.th

on the immigration website, there is this, what the heck might it be, the fonts are all messed up in firefox ......

Welcome to Thai Longstay Management Company Limited.
Retire Long Stay in Thailand

I was told yesterday at gov complex BKK that one has to submit 8 To 15 days before reporting date. Also said confirmation of successful process is immediate. All one has to do is print out receipt and put it in one's passport. Gonna try it in 3 months time.

6 months ago in my case. Online application a breeze for me.

This is really good news from the immigration.

Somebody in there is thinking of us and try to make our lives easier.

Or is it part of peoples happiness campaign, initiated by the Government?

Us? Not to come across as a cynic but why 10 years too late? ... AND would be amazed if this worked and was rolled out nationwide.

Ok, this does work, eventually.

I've been trying for the last 2 weeks to get this to work, finally managed yesterday (June 16th).

I used Internet Explorer (v. 11), must have tried 10 times, every time I got a popup after completing the first page telling me to contact immigration for further information. Then yesterday, for no apparent reason it went on to the second page where you fill in your address, and from there it worked perfectly. Took less than 1 hour for it to return an 'Approved' status (they actually emailed me) and to print out my new due date slip.

This was my first report since re-entering the country at the end of March 2015. Interesting my 90 days would have been up on June 21st so I only had 5 days left, which is less than the 7 days the website says you need. I have an annual extension to a Non-Immigrant B visa, uninterrupted now for 5 years. 90 day reporting has always been a drag, especially here on Phuket this last year, so doing it online is great.

There are lots of theories going round in these forums about online reporting, I just thought I'd report my actual experience. It seems it can work, you just have to keep trying.

Good luck.

Appears the site does have SSL but with a lot of flaws, one being a self signed certificate. It only takes one modest change in the server configuration to activate SSL as they have everything in place. Even so, there are so many problems with their configuration probably next to useless.

Yes, next to useless. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/page-31#entry9448864

Why? Because they run SSL 2 and 3 instead of TSL 1.2 for starters. All modern browsers have SSL disabled by default, except IE. Hence one can only use IE at the moment.

How difficult can it be to get a proper certificate and run TSL? Your average Thai supermarket can do that! https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=shoponline.tescolotus.com&s=14.0.33.248&latest

post-155923-0-79249000-1434529519_thumb.

post-155923-0-25142600-1434530292_thumb.

It appears that 2 or 3 people had their report accepted and APPROVED, with the confirmation slip made available on the Immigration website. But I have not heard from anybody that their report has been REJECTED. I did mine 3-4 days ago on Internet Explorer 8 without any problems. It was accepted and showed up as PENDING. But today (3 days after submitting it) I got an e-mail that it was REJECTED. No reason given, just a note that I should report to the Immigration office where I did my visa extension. I live in Phuket and am here on a Retired 1-year extension of an O Visa. I last arrived in the country on 7 April this year by road from Laos on a re-entry visa. I have held my O visa since 1997, and have lived at the present address for 20 years, and Immigration here in Phuket has recently been officially informed if my residence by the head of household (my wife) according to the new rules (or newly enforced). I always did my 90 day report in person, but was happy to change do it on-line now. So what is going on ? Is this system valid country-wide or only for Bangkok?

When I get my annual visa (type O, non-imm), I get an expensive multi-entry provision added. It's high priced, but hey, they'll charge what the market will bear. We got no choice and no voice in the matter. Anyhow, because I cross the border often, to get a reprieve from Thailand (where I reside), I never do 90 day reporting, and never had any flak about it. Farang should know that, if they leave the country and return within the 90 day period, they don't have to formally report - either in-person or online. That's my impression, anyway, so you should get an expert opinion on that.

Apartheid is alive and well in Thailand.

When I get my annual visa (type O, non-imm), I get an expensive multi-entry provision added. It's high priced, but hey, they'll charge what the market will bear. We got no choice and no voice in the matter. Anyhow, because I cross the border often, to get a reprieve from Thailand (where I reside), I never do 90 day reporting, and never had any flak about it. Farang should know that, if they leave the country and return within the 90 day period, they don't have to formally report - either in-person or online. That's my impression, anyway, so you should get an expert opinion on that.

Apartheid is alive and well in Thailand.

You have to be in the country for 90 days continuously to need to do a 90 day report!!

That is why it is called a 90 day report.

What has Apartheid got to do with anything?

If this is true and genuine, that will be great. Bu I still do not see the rationale behind this 90-day reporting requirement. I have been in this country umpteen years and everything was just as fine before this 90-day reporting requirement got started.

And if one looks that the whole process of how they go about doing the paperwork, I think it is nothing but a complete "make work" waste of time, for both the reporters as well as the people doing the processing work. This is just another fine example of the whole attitude in this country. It's the exact opposite of the concept of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Now, how about allowing the annual retirement visa extension and re-entry visa applications to be done online as well. That will really take away the pain in my behind having to drive to and from the Immigration HQ in Chaeng Watthana, wasting a whole morning sitting around waiting, and also wasting about a thousand baht in overpriced 95-octane gasoline for my fancy overpriced vehicle?

That' life in the big city . . . of Krungthep Mahanakorn!

Strange that there is no place to put your address. What it looks like for those who can not connect.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Funny how only a couple of TVF'ers can get to this page. I would love it if I am ever able to.

Whats the CAPTCHA password at the bottom of the form?

post-70749-0-94597900-1435368643_thumb.p

To be fair, TescoLotus probably had some outside assistance - something the immigration dept would either presumably refuse because reasons (pbuat hua etc) or unlikely to have offered to them in the first place.

Meh,

pay peanuts - get.....

Yes, next to useless. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/page-31#entry9448864

Why? Because they run SSL 2 and 3 instead of TSL 1.2 for starters. All modern browsers have SSL disabled by default, except IE. Hence one can only use IE at the moment.

How difficult can it be to get a proper certificate and run TSL? Your average Thai supermarket can do that! https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=shoponline.tescolotus.com&s=14.0.33.248&latest

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that 2 or 3 people had their report accepted and APPROVED, with the confirmation slip made available on the Immigration website. But I have not heard from anybody that their report has been REJECTED. I did mine 3-4 days ago on Internet Explorer 8 without any problems. It was accepted and showed up as PENDING. But today (3 days after submitting it) I got an e-mail that it was REJECTED. No reason given, just a note that I should report to the Immigration office where I did my visa extension. I live in Phuket and am here on a Retired 1-year extension of an O Visa. I last arrived in the country on 7 April this year by road from Laos on a re-entry visa. I have held my O visa since 1997, and have lived at the present address for 20 years, and Immigration here in Phuket has recently been officially informed if my residence by the head of household (my wife) according to the new rules (or newly enforced). I always did my 90 day report in person, but was happy to change do it on-line now. So what is going on ? Is this system valid country-wide or only for Bangkok?

Unfortunately, nobody commented on this, e.g. had a similar experience, of the report being rejected. In the end I ended up going in person, and when I asked the volunteer, he said many had the same experience, but to get an explanation I should ask the officer himself. When I did so, he would not give me an answer. I had the impression that the procedure was imposed on them from Bangkok but they were unwilling to make it work. So much for rivalry among authorities in Thailand, even within the same department. Any body has another answer?. For those, that it did work, anybody from Phuket or ANY other office than Bangkok?

Lad Prao 'Office' - Immigration 'officials' stated online reporting does NOT work properly/much at all.

Not 'expecting' to working until next year, 'ar-ja/maybe'

ive only read 1-2 reports of 'success', so am unable to comment further.

waste of time & money either way - getting to that dungeon/mall in lad prao is a joke.

Though not quite as fkd as getting to and from Chaeng Wtfanna!

Done!

Archived