Is the Thai Post Office reliable for sending goods overseas?

Xircal

Thai Post Office used to be a bit iffy a few years ago....think that they where looking for money sent to the girls from overseas....now they seem to have put there house in order...never had a problem both sending and receiving.....my tip would be EMS Tracking and don't forget a customs sticker marking it NCV....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent Christmas presents back from Pattaya to the UK for 3 years running, using small Postal Services shops. NONE of them arrived.

I sent another one from the main PO in Soi Post Office, and it was much cheaper and arrived safely. Now I always post from the main PO.

I have sent numerous items by Thai Post back to the U.K, I always send them E.M.S and never ever had a thing go missing.

On the other hand, sending things from the U.K. here to me in Thailand I have had about a 70% success rate - I have always received the package if I used the extortionate price for U.K Registered post, but using the standard service is iffy!

I have no proof where the parcels went missing (UK Post or Thai Post) but I know what my gut feeling is.

Thai Post Office used to be a bit iffy a few years ago....think that they where looking for money sent to the girls from overseas....now they seem to have put there house in order...never had a problem both sending and receiving.....my tip would be EMS Tracking and don't forget a customs sticker marking it NCV....

Well, it'll be heading to the Netherlands which has strict import regulations especially where foodstuffs are concerned. Not wise to try and circumvent those.

But provided the value of package doesn't exceed €700, import duty is only 2.5% with 6% VAT added to that. Mine won't be anywhere near that so taxes won't amount to much more than about €5 at the most.

But I'll certainly add EMS Tracking as an option.

Here is a picture of the one price box EMS sticker

still trying to figure it out ,

somewhere it said you could use up to "D" size box , 22cm x 35cm x 14cm

but another place said there was Small Medium and large boxes but no size measurements.....

I need 24 x 28 and at least 10cm thick

anyway stii GOOGLING

Here's a pix of the larger EMS boxes with sizes and price.

Here's the link to other boxes which they have available: http://www.thailandpost.com/service.php?sid=21&page=2

But I would hazard a guess and say that if you want to send by EMS, it'll have to be an EMS designated box.

post-101376-0-69782900-1424096146_thumb.

Only fives times the original price so better than I found before... must be due to the category they have it listed under... Meat Seasoning... facepalm.gif

Thanks, but wrong flavor. I looked at the original called "Smooth & Creamy" which is the one I want, but they're asking around $25 a bag which is tantamount to daylight robbery.

Have to laugh at the "3 New" for how many they have in stock. Does that mean they sell secondhand coffee as well? biggrin.png

Ridiculous price like you say, but it's the wrong flavor anyway. The one I want is called "Smooth & Creamy". The packet is almost the same color though, so one has to be careful when ordering.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

make sure its registered so you can track it.......

where do you live ? are there any Thai grocery stores nearby ?

maybe they can order for you.......

As soon as your package is out of Thailand the trackingsystem doesn't work anymore.wai.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

make sure its registered so you can track it.......

where do you live ? are there any Thai grocery stores nearby ?

maybe they can order for you.......

As soon as your package is out of Thailand the trackingsystem doesn't work anymore.wai.gif

it does work......

at least for US post , but it gets stuck in customs first

and then it matters what the customers post office does , sometimes they scan it , sometimes not

its not perfect , but its better than nothing

Outgoing mail from Thailand is ok from BKK or any main city. Rural services are variable but usually slow. Incoming similar so long as it is standard. I have been told that ALL incoming parcels are opened and inspected. But I have also recieved one which came with an apolgy for possible water damage and information about how to claim for compensation. Not needed but an appreciated service quality standard. But if I was sending valuable or desirable items I would use an international courier tracked service.

Outgoing mail from Thailand is ok from BKK or any main city. Rural services are variable but usually slow. Incoming similar so long as it is standard. I have been told that ALL incoming parcels are opened and inspected. But I have also recieved one which came with an apolgy for possible water damage and information about how to claim for compensation. Not needed but an appreciated service quality standard. But if I was sending valuable or desirable items I would use an international courier tracked service.

Which courier would you recommend? They shouldn't open the package, i don't like that.

That's a noteworthy point actually. It's probably not worth my while spending the extra money for Tracking for that reason.

ALL incoming parcels are opened and inspected.

Over the years, I've sent scores of packages from the U.S. to Thailand -- using regular mail services, not the private couriers -- and only rarely have my packages been opened.

They may be scanned, I have no idea or way of knowing about that. But my incoming packages from Amazon or other retailers are packed/taped in a way that would clearly show if the original packing seals have been broken/opened. And the vast majority of the time, they remain perfectly intact.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Yes, Thai postal services are among the best in Asia, And not so expensive , except EMS. But still you can send it as registered post I only send small packages , never had any problems with lost packages, sometimes it can take a few days more than you would expect.

• 1 year later...

Regrettably I have a lot of bad experience with Thai Post.

I already don't send any more unregistered Mails or parcels as its gambling.

So since two years I use registered Mails or parcels only.

- One parcel to USA arrived in the USA and three days later the postman gave it to me and told me that the recipient is not there. Hmmm. Next information from post office: we don't know

So I made an official claim at 30th of October 2015. No answer until today.

- Two registered letters to Bulgaria: I received an answer 4 months after I claimed the first letter and still wait for an answer (now 3.5 months) against the second claim.

- One parcel from Germany: Arrived damaged. I had to go 15 km (one way) to the post office and check if the goods are o.k. or not. Why they don't bring the parcel to me ????

- One parcel within Thailand: damaged. No information from postman (I got it online). I drove again 15km to the post office. They told me that the parcel is damaged by another post office and I have to

go there. I told them that I pay for a bring-service and not for a damage-service where I have to take care. Like always the officer in charge is NOT at the post office. The post worker told me after

several phone calls that they will bring it to me today or tomorrow. No one brings nothing. File not yet finished. A desert about service.

I don't know if this is everywhere the same in Thailand or only here in Nongprue / Pattaya.

But I have a lot of very negative experiences about Thai Post.