Which News Source Do You Trust

Guest IT Manager

Which News Organisation do you trust to bring you the News?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest IT Manager

In response to a member problem, I have added this on his behalf. I will delete the other to save confusion.

Can those who voted in the other please resubmit here.

Thanks

IT/Newshound :o

I prefer Fox News in general as opposed to the "Elite" Media. But as Bob Chittie has said, I too will stop my commentary for fear of Perdition! :o

I don't want to make this a bearpit.net topic, but Fox News is owned by Rupert Murdoch. I'm not sure you can get any more 'elite' than that.

I'm an American and I think Fox News is a joke. A sad joke, though, because so many people think that it really is "fair and balanced".

BBC is one of my top choices for news, but it can get too England specific sometimes. I remember when England did well in rugby and that was one of the top one or two stories on BBC international for the whole day. Please.

I think CNN is the best but one should get their news from a wide variety of sources.

I'm an American and I think Fox News is a joke. A sad joke, though, because so many people think that it really is "fair and balanced".

BBC is one of my top choices for news, but it can get too England specific sometimes. I remember when England did well in rugby and that was one of the top one or two stories on BBC international for the whole day. Please.

I think CNN is the best but one should get their news from a wide variety of sources.

I agree Fox News is a joke. But its said when you relaize that many people out there really believe that it is fair and balanced and actually take the propoganda seriously. Every news organization leans slightly one way, but Fox News is so blatantly biased (What's with a waving American flag plastered over a quarter of the screen 24 hours a day), its both humorous and sad. At risk of being banned, I've got to tie this into Thailand somehow.... Umm... And so, in conclusion, Thailand is a land of contrasts.

Fox news is a conservative American news source, directed at Americans.

I can see why Europeans wouldn't like it, but they are welcome to watch the BBC.

CNN is trying to pretend to be an International news source, and is so PC it is sickening. Having Americans use British terminology ( go to hospital, instead of go to the hospital) is absolutely sickening, although I am quite content to have British reporters use the terms that they are familiar with.

Fox news uses attractive reporters instead of insisting on bland. Fox is entertaining, instead of dull.

Making the news interesting to viewers is hardly a sin, but if it were, the BBC and CNN, certainly wouldn't be guilty. :o

Yep, nobody can deny that the Fox News chicks are a whole lot better looking than the dumpy things you see on CNN. Even Wolf Striesand is looking a little tattered these days.

Let's have a vote as to which Fox News chick is your favorite. My vote has to go to Lauri Dhu - those legs!

To make this post Thailand related - the Army channel, TV 5 has this great pair on in the afternoon that give me a woody! :o

I'm not much for white girls, but Laurie Dhu's mouth would be Nice With Ice! :o

Yeah! Those lips get you, don't they.

Not much for round-eyes either Georgie, that's why, more often than not, I've got the Thai Army channel on.

This poll is severely unfair. Comparing BBC with Fox News is like comparing Cognac and Concrete.

Besides; How can Fox compete in the poll when the vast majority of it's protagonists could not possibly read the choices.

Another case of a Euroweenie trying to be clever, when he doesn't have a clue. At least this good ole' boy knows the meaning of "protagonist". Normie sure don't.

Look it up. Who's the Hillbilly now? :o

A little help here from you Fox fans. Who was that blonde chick reporter that was getting a lot of "face time" when the Iraq war first started up? She used to have this long blonde hair and tight blue jeans and she was primo!

In Australia, I watch the ABC news on television and do most of my fact finding on the internet, whether it be whatreallyhappened.com, rense.com, michaelmoore.com and then all of the usual "for profit" commercial news sources.

I dont agree with all of the news on any channel/website, I consume all and disregard what I cannot digest.

To make a choice between BBC and Fox, well, if thats the choice of factual news sources, I will keep surfing the net.

Regards

Andy

Australia

:o

as all of you have had the opportunity to note, tutsi's political commentary is incisive and well informed. In that regard please heed the information available on BBC. CNN makes an effort to be balanced but has trouble as direct criticism of elected US officials is uncommon except where there is a question regarding subversion of national institutions like with Richard Nixon (before CNNs time, unfortunately).

Yeah...I hear what other Americans are saying regarding a british cultural bias (baseball news is far superior on CNN and who gives a <deleted> about cricket?) however the international news coverage is superior...you can get it first on BBC before it appears on the BBK Post. CNN don't really give a <deleted> as their coverage is directed at Americans who are largely uninformed regarding international issues anyway...

This poll is severely unfair. Comparing BBC with Fox News is like comparing Cognac and Concrete.

Besides; How can Fox compete in the poll when the vast majority of it's protagonists could not possibly read the choices.

Never tried drinking concrete. How does that go? On the rocks? :o

Is Nice With Ice still on Soi Post Office In Pattaya? It should be. A real historical landmark!

Apologies for this delayed reply G-P. I somehow turned off the 'post' box on the response screen.

Anyway, Nice with Ice is still in Soi PO, but re-named Spricey. Pump Station is still operating a couple of doors away, and King Kong is still in Soi Yodsak.

HOWEVER, the policy on service is changing, in that the usual offerings are still available, but only in private. In NwI the bar with access holes seems to have disappeared, so one cannot sit having a cold lager with one's mates, while all getting blown. And King Kong girls do not perform in the downstairs bar any longer, while everyone sits around enjoying the show. (Or at least, this is my experience)

Times they are a-changing.

But back to the thread - I have only one news source that I feel I can really trust - more reliable than BBC, more biassed than Fox News. And that is my wife, when she gets back from the hair-dresser. (All the news that's fit to gossip about).

Now to click the magic button. :o

SoCal~

Welcome back from your self-imposed exile. You've missed a bit of excitement of late w/the demise of the old Bear Pit but there's a new version coming out Sunday for all the political junkies around here. It should be fun... :o

Boon Mee