What time is too early for that first drink?

marko kok prong

I rarely drink during the day. Better things to do.

what?please continue in my recently opened topic...

Oh you know. Stuff.

I'd hate to end up in a situation where the only thing I could find to fill my days was get drunk.

"... where the only thing I could find to fill my days was get drunk."

...or to start threads on TV asking things you should be old enough to have already sorted out on your own ... about personal habits or relationships or climbing out of holes you've dug for yourself or managing your money ...

I see you are still your usual'barrel of laughs ' self.

If u drink before 3pm reguarly i think u have a problem with grog, but thats a matter of opinion. Personaly its best to watch the sun go down for the first beer. Builds up your dinner appetite. I feel sorry for people who drink in the morning. There the type that get physicaly ill if they dont drink.

Nothing better than an ice cold beer (hair of the dog) to help take the edge off a hangover & was once told that it has been scientifically proven to help breakdown the poison that alcohol turns to as its processed by your body... Just need to stop at 1 (beer not AM/PM).

Oh & not on a school (work) day, not on a day where you need to drive anywhere & not everyday [emoji106]

Edited by JB300

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

10 AM

once or twice at 9:45 AM, I was weak.

Use the weak points in your life to make you stronger.

Yep, i have always set my standards low, and consistently failed to meet the benchmarks...................sad.png

But, it wasn't half fun.............................thumbsup.gif

I had a pal in the army, he used to crack a tin of McEwens open every morning when his alarm went off at 0700 hrs. This was too early, poor b@stard died before he was 40 when his liver packed up. Not many people knew he was an alcoholic; his performance in his day job was exemplary. RIP scouse.

What's that old saying..... one is too many..... a thousand not enough.

or.... I'm not an alcoholic. Alcoholics attend meetings.

After a good day about the house & garden, anytime after about 5:30 is good for me.

Cheers..... Mal.

I gree with you big. I think it is very sad when folk over here find nothing to do other than get refreshed as soon as they get up. While waiting to make dinner or have dinner made by my nit-noi wife I will indulge in a cold one but not 'till after the sun has dropped behind the mountains . Life is good !

what?please continue in my recently opened topic...

Oh you know. Stuff.

I'd hate to end up in a situation where the only thing I could find to fill my days was get drunk.

Unfortunately if you don't have self discipline and will power its a very easy path to go down as I sure a lot of people on here will agree.

What time is too early for that first drink?

The minute you decided to post this thread on Thai Visa.

Well,you must be a laugh a minute,i am sure.

After a couple of brews, sure I am. Like most people. And I play a mean game of pool to boot. But! If ya gotta ask that question on a public forum, I'm thinking the OP may have a problem. Just calling it like I see it.

Here. Here's was my dad's rule of thumb.

• Before sunrise if you have a fishing line in the water.
  • However, if you're hunting, no alcohol until the guns are unloaded, ammo stored, bolt removed, and guns stored. If you got your buck early, lucky you.
  • On work days, never before your noon lunch break.
  • On weekends, bloody-marys after your morning coffee, which might be spiked with brandy.

However, I'm not my Dad. On work days, not until after work, and I prefered to drink with friends. On days off, mid-afternoon at the earliest, probably watching sports on TV with friends, working on the car or in the yard. And a lot of days not at all. Then again, I've never asked anyone if drinking mid-afternoon while watching sports with friends on the weekend was too early. Some people may say 'yes'; others may say 'no'. And my friends wouldn't care one way or the other.

Do I think my dad drank too early? I never saw him 'drunk' until his liver started going to crap in his mid-60s. And he never abused anyone in the family. He was a good guy and a good provider. <shrug> And it was his life, not mine. I just didn't follow in his footsteps. And he never once asked me my opinion about his drinking habits. The OP did.

• Like 2

I am not a big drinker and will go months without a drink. That said I will have a drink at whatever time I want.

I don't really care what time it is. However I do like watching the sunset from the balcony.