Scammed in Chiang Mai by two Thai girls!

AnotherOneAmerican

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if the male accomplice was really a copper as well.

They don't like to share the loot too much, or would have had the lion's share of 10K which wouldn't make it too profitable an exercise for the lasses.

Sad to see this old scam is doing the rounds again....

Seeing as he was breathalysed, arrested, charged, jailed, bailed, and appearing in court, I think it was a real policeman.

Not sure why the policeman didn't just ask for a bribe ....... seems odd.

. They took his wallet so no tea money

Neither of them went on holiday and got drunk when they were young.

I do not know about the other poster but I found a hell of a lot of better things to do on holiday than getting drunk.

Like.. what? blink.png

Sorry, can't help y o u on this one.

Another drunk foreigner in Thailand story. They never learn, non stops scams, date and marry a bar girl, money taken by bar girl, drug in drinks, getting beaten up, ripped off by taxis. What did i forget to add to the list. They are their own worst enemies. I just avoid getting anywhere near them and the majority of the tourists and expats. After numerous warnings on the web , in books and just a serious lack of common sense they deserve everything they get. Nothing but non stop problems.

ten thousand dollars in wallet? hope the thai gals enjoy it. don't drink and drive

Nobody said anything about Ten thousand dollars. 10k yes but not dollars. Now saying that 10 k USD would be 320,000 baht, put that in your wallet.cheesy.gif

Edited by khwaibah

The most straightforward explanation would be if the bike had been stolen, but since this is not mentioned the whole story sounds fishy.

Of course it's not mentioned. How is he supposed to know if the bike is stolen? Unless the two girls told the guy who was robbed: we are going to take you home but be aware. The bike is stolen.

First time I was in Chiang Mai I met a poor fellow who had also been robbed after drinking on Loi Kroh road.

He needed to call his bank to cancel his ATM card, but didn’t have any money. Of course I offered him the use of my SIM, but being an international call, it would likely drain the balance before the matter was solved, I suggested we use Skype, but he informed me that his bank is able to detect and block such calls. So I suggested we go buy a SIM card together, but unfortunately the one he needed was only available at the main office, which was far away, and he only had one helmet, so because of the many police checks, and me being on food, there was no way we could go together, but if I lent him 1,000 baht, he would return within an hour.

I really felt bad for this guy…

If the OP wasn't AOA, I'd be calling troll, but I'm sure he's not. Maybe a BS story he's been given though? Why would they leave a motorcycle..... unless it was stolen? If he didn't have keys, riding whilst drunk??

Edited by F4UCorsair

Two posters, so far, with 20-20 hindsight. There will be many more, I'm sure.

I do not know about the other poster but I found a hell of a lot of better things to do on holiday than getting drunk.

Are you Soi Bikers brother by chance ?

Just wondering.

Like.. what? blink.png

Shaggin'

They both go hand in hand, a young guy in Thailand taking in the culture and friendly natured locals a few drinks a quick BJ/shag what more did you want when you visited the mystic East.

probably not true but some place some where it may be. The majority of bar girls (I owned a bar in Chiang Mai) are a lot more honest then most faranges.

Bargirls yes, though in places like Spicy they do get a bit more loopy. Like the ones who are unable to even function as bar staff due to whatever issues.. ;)

Anyway this is way to elaborate to be a scam. And since the OP is just relaying the story, it seems unlikely anyone will every find out.

If the OP wasn't AOA, I'd be calling troll, but I'm sure he's not. Maybe a BS story he's been given though? Why would they leave a motorcycle..... unless it was stolen? If he didn't have keys, riding whilst drunk??

He was deffo going to court ...........

Was he really the driver ....... who could say?

He didn't ask for any money, was waiting for his court appointment when I met him, had a Thai translator with him.

10kbht in his wallet? seen plenty of tourists with more than that on them.

Yep, could have been a story made up to gather sympathy, loan, etc.

But he didn't seem like the usual broke guy hardluck need money story, they usually look like they've been here a long time.

But the two girls on a bike is a well known danger in CM, been there, done that, lost my wallet (10bht) and phone when I was first here.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

When I was young, in the evening, getting drunk was my number one aim, that and getting laid (if I hadn't passed out from the excess alcohol first).

Has anything changed with the passing of time?

No need to get laid every night.