Indonesia: Execution of 11 inmates, including two Australians, delayed

webfact

Execution of 11 inmates, including two Australians, delayed

18-2-2558-9-40-16-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Attorney General's Office of Indonesia has decided to put off the executions of eleven inmates on death row, including two Australian drug traffickers but it is still not known when it will be rescheduled, according to The Jakarta Globe.

Four Indonesians and seven foreign nationals, including Myuran Sukumaran, 31, and Andrew Chan, 33, the Australian ringleaders of the so-called Bali Nine, have had their executions delayed.

AGO spokesperson Tony Spontana told state-owned news agency Antara on Tuesday that the delay was in response to a request from Australia and families of the two Australians for more time.

The AGO will not move the eleven inmates to Nusakambangan island prison off Central Java — where five of the last six condemned inmates were gunned down on Jan. 18 — until three days before the rescheduled executions.

However, it is not clear when the executions will take place.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/execution-11-inmates-including-two-australians-delayed

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-18

Indonesia Should just get on with it .......Reports of the location is not ready are just not true.

Drug runners/mules whatever they are desribed of should be wiped out asap.... Indonesi should not under any circumstances falter under pressure from a bunch of Australian Tree huggers and their campaig to boycott BAli....

BAli would be a much nicer place of the Idiots from down under did boycott.......

• Like 1

Indonesia, it's your Laws and your Penalties are equal and the same to all Law breakers regardless of Nationality. Just get on with it and finish the lot off. I am a strong believer in the Death Penalty as Punishment for Capital Crimes. It is Justice served to those that deserve it. Death to ALL Drug Traffickers. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

As pointed out by the Australian authorities, the Indonesian government can hardly appeal for the lives of their own citizens on death row in other countries, ( as they have been doing) if they go ahead with these executions.

What was the number? Considerably more than 11 if I remember right.

• Like 2

Indonesia, it's your Laws and your Penalties are equal and the same to all Law breakers regardless of Nationality. Just get on with it and finish the lot off. I am a strong believer in the Death Penalty as Punishment for Capital Crimes. It is Justice served to those that deserve it. Death to ALL Drug Traffickers. thumbsup.gif

Totally agree. Make an example of them , only ones who think the poor chaps are getting a raw deal are the families of. If any member of my family got caught importing/exporting drugs I would hide my head in shame , no simpathy.

As pointed out by the Australian authorities, the Indonesian government can hardly appeal for the lives of their own citizens on death row in other countries, ( as they have been doing) if they go ahead with these executions.

What was the number? Considerably more than 11 if I remember right.

Well an incident I am thinking of in KSA also involved the paying of blood money, nearly US$2 million was involved, although this is acceptable under Saudi law. The same article referred to 229 Indonesians on death row in other countries.

Edited by jacko45k

Indonesia Should just get on with it .......Reports of the location is not ready are just not true.

Drug runners/mules whatever they are desribed of should be wiped out asap.... Indonesi should not under any circumstances falter under pressure from a bunch of Australian Tree huggers and their campaig to boycott BAli....

BAli would be a much nicer place of the Idiots from down under did boycott.......

Well said.

Just do it Indonesia these creatures were caught red handed no if but or maybe. How many lives in Australia would be ruined if they were not caught. Australia should bring in the death penalty too (If beyond doubt like these two). After being employed in the Australian prison system for ten years there is NO deterrent........To many that are incarcerated being locked up is just part of doing business. Australia has just got too many goody goody civil libertarians for it's own good IMO.

"BAli would be a much nicer place of the Idiots from down under did boycott......." How true. I am an aussie and crew changed through there for a year while working Off Jakarta and Surabaya. Also travelled their many times with family. The behaviour of the aussies over there is nothing short of embarressing. It is too cheap to go there so all the dregs go there for their "overseas" holiday. Full of bogans and young (supposedly) adults showing bad manners and bad behaviour. Should be banned from there the same as they would do at Rottnest Island (off the coast of Perth) for the very same behaviour. Makes you ashamed to be an aussie when there. Soory to be a bit off topic but needed saying. As for the 2 drug runners then they were forewarned about Indonesia laws and this was not the first time they did it. Go ahead Indonesia. They are guilty and cared nothing for the people that there wares were going to hurt. Just did it for the cash. Send them to the island now.