Yellow House Book for Foreigners

Went to the Amphur this morning. Got a copy of the requirements for getting the above.

The first line says I need to go to Immigration ...

For what I ask - a letter I am told.

A letter saying what I ask - a Certificate I am told

A Certificate of what - no answer

Anybody have a clue what they require ? All the rest I understand - copy of blue house book, copy ID cards, Pu Yai to sign off, copy of my passport ID page

Thank you

So I get a certificate of residence from the last place I lived ?

I have lived in the house I want the yellow book for over a year.

Just want to get legal and have the yellow book as an aid to change my DL's, etc

Edited by seedy

To the op if you want a yellow house book you must go to immigration and request a certificate of residency in Thai for the reason of obtaining a yellow house book. This will confirm your address to the amphur. The reason I said in Thai is some immigration office may issue the letter to you in english and the amphora you apply at will not accept it.

You would have to get the certificate at the immigration office where you are living now.

Their are no requirements for to you to have a yellow house book.

Just thought it would make my life easier.

Sounds like this is not the case.

As always, from help you have provided in the past, to today and I am sure in the future too ...

Thank You

"Just thought it would make my life easier."

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Banks will accept a yellow book (or a work permit) for opening an account. The Revenue Department will accept a yellow book for obtaining a Tax I.D.. Probably there are other instances.

But as mentioned, most Land Transport offices will not accept a yellow book, will insist on a Certificate of Residence, when buying a vehicle or getting a driver's license.

Got an answer for documents required by CNX Immigration in my instance ...

Copy of Blue House book - signed by owner. On copy state your full name and passport number and that you are living at this address since ...

Copy of house owner ID card - signed by owner.

Two 2" fotos

Copy my passport, visa, entry stamps, 90 day reports.

Residency Certificate will be issued.

You would have to get the certificate at the immigration office where you are living now.

Their are no requirements for to you to have a yellow house book.

Just thought it would make my life easier.

Sounds like this is not the case.

As always, from help you have provided in the past, to today and I am sure in the future too ...

Thank You

The value of a Yellow House Book depends on where you live and do business. I use mine frequently in Bangkok and it has been accepted by all government offices and banks when supported by the Blue House Book (Yellow House Books are extensions of Blue House Books and will have the same registration number and assign you a Thai type ID number that starts with a 5 .) Since you mentioned Amphur, you are not in Bangkok and the Yellow House Book may not be worth the effort, as has been reported on TV. If the Amphur is easy to deal with I recommend getting it.

"Or a blue book if you own a condo."

Can somewhere clarify this for me? I've never seen a "yellow book" but I've thought that it was either a book with a yellow cover, or maybe a blue cover with yellow pages? Which is it?

Secondly, is this the same book for

- owning a condo, or

- having a 30-year lease on a property, or

- having a usufruct on a house?

"Or a blue book if you own a condo."

Can somewhere clarify this for me? I've never seen a "yellow book" but I've thought that it was either a book with a yellow cover, or maybe a blue cover with yellow pages? Which is it?

Secondly, is this the same book for

- owning a condo, or

- having a 30-year lease on a property, or

- having a usufruct on a house?

It has a yellow cover and tied to a blue house book. It is used to register foreigners residing at the residence that the blue house book is for.

A yellow house book can be issued based upon one for a condo, house and etc.

Banks will accept a yellow book (or a work permit) for opening an account. The Revenue Department will accept a yellow book for obtaining a Tax I.D.. Probably there are other instances.

But as mentioned, most Land Transport offices will not accept a yellow book, will insist on a Certificate of Residence, when buying a vehicle or getting a driver's license.

I have only ever seen reports of one Land Transport office (Jomtien) not accepting the yellow tabien bahn. I have used mine in Bangkok, Petchaburi and Chiang Mai without any problems.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon

I have only ever seen reports of one Land Transport office (Jomtien) not accepting the yellow tabien bahn. I have used mine in Bangkok, Petchaburi and Chiang Mai without any problems.

Sophon

There are several that will not accept them. Ubon is one of them. They don't accept residence certificates either they give you a form to have immigration sign and stamp,

Sophon

Happens more than it should in isaan and in the central region.

Sophon

There are several that will not accept them. Ubon is one of them. They don't accept residence certificates either they give you a form to have immigration sign and stamp,

I renewed my driving licence in Ubon last October using the Yellow book as proof of address.

Or a blue book if you own a condo.

If you buy a new condo, the developer will give you a pre-issued blank blue book but the regulations for district offices say that only Thai citizens and foreign permanent residents may be entered into blue books. Foreigners on temporary visas (but excluding tourist visas) must be entered into yellow books.

It is possible that some DOs might enter you into a blue book without evidence that you have permanent residence but this is clearly against the regulations.