Rachaburi woman thanks statue with 300 pig heads

webfact

I wonder why she didn't donate the pig heads to poor people instead of the temples? If a poor person was starving to death they wouldn't be given one crumb left from the pig heads.

Poor people do go and eat at the temples.

Sure they do but they take the food to the temples. Maybe where you live the temples give food to the poor but in all my years here I have lived among the poor and have never seen that happen one time.

How many times have you seen the guys in the temples walking through a village handing out food to the poor? I have never seen it. How many times have you seen these guys in the temple buying poor children shoes or uniforms so they could go to school rather than having to drop out of school because the parents couldn't afford these things? I have never seen it. But I have seen plenty of these guys with smart phones and flying business class.

I have never seen a poor person yet being refused food in a temple - ever. The door is open, they can go eat in the morning or just before twelve.

Food service stops before twelve - any poor person can then eat all the edible food they want, such as food, sticky rice, or any other such stuff. They can drink what they want. Some school kids, I know of one - go to the temple before school to eat. His Dad is an alcoholic, mother dead.

• Like 1

Third World!

You mean, I suppose, as opposed to the First World, the Christian one, where devotees go to church every Sunday and attend a service in which the holiest moment is when a priest dressed in flamboyant robes hands them a piece of bread which they chew in awe while he explains 'this is my flesh' ?

Edited by Yann55
  • Like 1

Hey please understand this is NOT for Buddha it's for the Magic Man Spirits which existed here before Buddha.

It's still hugely followed especially in Issan and the North.

People take Food, Booze,Cigarettes etc to the Spirit Building ( No Monks or people involved ) and after banging a gong and lighting incense they take most of the offerings back to the village and the villagers come to eat the flesh believing it's special as it's from the Magic Man!

Yea I know it's 2015 .......... Mmmmm

• Like 1

I wonder why she didn't donate the pig heads to poor people instead of the temples? If a poor person was starving to death they wouldn't be given one crumb left from the pig heads.

Poor people do go and eat at the temples.

Sure they do but they take the food to the temples. Maybe where you live the temples give food to the poor but in all my years here I have lived among the poor and have never seen that happen one time.

How many times have you seen the guys in the temples walking through a village handing out food to the poor? I have never seen it. How many times have you seen these guys in the temple buying poor children shoes or uniforms so they could go to school rather than having to drop out of school because the parents couldn't afford these things? I have never seen it. But I have seen plenty of these guys with smart phones and flying business class.

I have never seen a poor person yet being refused food in a temple - ever. The door is open, they can go eat in the morning or just before twelve.

Food service stops before twelve - any poor person can then eat all the edible food they want, such as food, sticky rice, or any other such stuff. They can drink what they want. Some school kids, I know of one - go to the temple before school to eat. His Dad is an alcoholic, mother dead.

I'm glad that happens where you live. It's not the same here.

i really dont get it.

offering slaughtered pigs heads to buddha ???

buddhas MAIN teaching was about NOT HARMING ANY FORM OF LIFE!!!!

buddha was a noted Vegetarian!!

how on earth does this woman think she will get any sympathy from any form of buddhist deity by offering the exact opposite of what is taught? !!

offering a dead animal to Buddha is as like spitting at the the bank owners in hope they will cancel her loan.

As long as she didn't kill the pigs herself, she's in the clear with (Thai) Buddha.

This has got nothing to do with Buddhism. The woman is sadly disillusioned if she thinks the Lord Buddha would view this favorably. I don't know what it is, I would not call it paganism, maybe it is more of an animistic practice.

This has got nothing to do with Buddhism. The woman is sadly disillusioned if she thinks the Lord Buddha would view this favorably. I don't know what it is, I would not call it paganism, maybe it is more of an animistic practice.

Trust me on this its "retardism"

• Like 1

Hey please understand this is NOT for Buddha it's for the Magic Man Spirits which existed here before Buddha.

It's still hugely followed especially in Issan and the North.

People take Food, Booze,Cigarettes etc to the Spirit Building ( No Monks or people involved ) and after banging a gong and lighting incense they take most of the offerings back to the village and the villagers come to eat the flesh believing it's special as it's from the Magic Man!

Yea I know it's 2015 .......... Mmmmm

Yes you are right. I've seen the old folk in my village banging on pots and pans to scare away the spirits who are covering the sun, that is an eclipse. About 20 years ago one night, a small meteorite came down in a rice paddy, it left a big hole. To this day no one will go into that paddy. Thailand, always good for a laugh. Except for depriving 300 pigs of their heads.

BITCH, what did the pigs offer? 300 severed human heads!! starting with HERS

What gives you the right to insult someone based on their beliefs? You have yours, she has hers.

Fact that you say you would be willing to cut off her head shows who is the barbarian here. If you can't accept the culture of some of the citizens of this country, you know the solution.

p/s; the heads were subsequently donated to some temples. Presumably, they were put to good use after that.

Edited by Gweiloman

Poor pigs, barbaric and inhumane. Pigs are beautiful loving animals if given the opportunity to show it!. The statue can only be appeased by the suffering of innocent animals, what a screwed up concept!

Wonder what the Islamic terrorist group ISIS would have offered up as a sacrifice to appease their god?