saw this on the sunday walking street

mascarabertha

to add to the list ...just for general knowledge.

there is one on the west side of the moat outside the big school and one almost in Hang Dong up the main road.

Isnt it a request for the pin number to release the defibrilator? not a request for ambulance; may be wrong?

• Like 1

"HELP ! I'm getting chased down Moonmuang by a sweaty kathoey, threatened by some irate songthaew driver on ya ice, Cops want to fine me for some random offense, Karaoke Mamasan demands 85,000 baht for two beers and 30 minutes of broken mumbling with an illiterate tribal person, I was double charged for a wood-fired Pizza at a dodgy Trattoria manned by Sicilian Digital nomads, and a Chinese girl just urinated in the gutter in front of Black Canyon."

"Arai na?" <click>

Aha lol, the best start to my day. Could be worse for you if the Chinese girl urinated in yer Black Canyon Coffee. Anyone on this blog had a girl /ladyboy urinate in their BC coffeeor any other drink?

Direct experience last yr. Called Tourist Police, good English said, no service outside of BKK city limits, I was one mile out... NO !

Told to call 191w00t.gif

191 rang until ringing stopped three tries.... never answered.sad.png

Unless you are looking at a Thai policeman at the moment of need, FORGET ABOUT IT. You are on your own in Thailand re police help DURING an emergency. They are minimal help as they arrive too late but nod sympathetically to the English they do not at all understand.facepalm.gif

I learned that a foreigner not speaking Thai....... can not call orally for help (chewy dewey really means run away from this trouble, hee hee), does have an ok chance a Thai will help you if nearby, CAN NOT depend on calling and getting police, and can not easily and legally defend yourself from any harm, including biting dogs. whistling.gif

THIS is the real reason for not visiting Thailand..... not the politics, not the curfews, not a coup, not rising prices.... the real reason is YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN in case of real trouble. And, you can not legally own a gun or even a stun gun or maybe other defense things unknown.bah.gif

I abhor all the slagging negative comments on Thailand, but this one is VERY REAL with no sign of change. Strange no one talks about it.coffee1.gif

Direct experience last yr. Called Tourist Police, good English said, no service outside of BKK city limits, I was one mile out... NO !

Told to call 191w00t.gif

191 rang until ringing stopped three tries.... never answered.sad.png

Unless you are looking at a Thai policeman at the moment of need, FORGET ABOUT IT. You are on your own in Thailand re police help DURING an emergency. They are minimal help as they arrive too late but nod sympathetically to the English they do not at all understand.facepalm.gif

I learned that a foreigner not speaking Thai....... can not call orally for help (chewy dewey really means run away from this trouble, hee hee), does have an ok chance a Thai will help you if nearby, CAN NOT depend on calling and getting police, and can not easily and legally defend yourself from any harm, including biting dogs. whistling.gif

THIS is the real reason for not visiting Thailand..... not the politics, not the curfews, not a coup, not rising prices.... the real reason is YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN in case of real trouble. And, you can not legally own a gun or even a stun gun or maybe other defense things unknown.bah.gif

I abhor all the slagging negative comments on Thailand, but this one is VERY REAL with no sign of change. Strange no one talks about it.coffee1.gif

Make a list of all the countries you can get help quick, and you can legally own a gun..... outside the USA. I believe that your vacation options will not be very many.....and in any...if you hurt somebody, even in self defense,....your vacation will end in court.

• Like 1

"HELP ! I'm getting chased down Moonmuang by a sweaty kathoey, threatened by some irate songthaew driver on ya ice, Cops want to fine me for some random offense, Karaoke Mamasan demands 85,000 baht for two beers and 30 minutes of broken mumbling with an illiterate tribal person, I was double charged for a wood-fired Pizza at a dodgy Trattoria manned by Sicilian Digital nomads, and a Chinese girl just urinated in the gutter in front of Black Canyon."

"Arai na?" <click>

Aha lol, the best start to my day. Could be worse for you if the Chinese girl urinated in yer Black Canyon Coffee. Anyone on this blog had a girl /ladyboy urinate in their BC coffeeor any other drink?

Would rather drink the p..s!:o