Top Gear.

Ace of Pop

A Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.Apart from Stig ,Tiff Nedell,a rather 3Rd rate Circuit Crasher from England the only Star ive Recognized without 3 Hrs of thinking ,is Tom Cruze the Chevy owner, who doesn't post here anymore. Its all Reality Show Nothings to me .Rowan Atkinson and a few others are Stars but that lot.., never heard of Em, or am i just OLD..?..Tiffs not dumb,he never sets His target time. Whats Yore Take.?.

I recognized a few international stars but most of the famous only in the UK, have no clue who they are. Guess they are domestically famous...a bit like Thai tv and movie stars. ...

Except the UK ones might have a mediocum of talent. smile.png

Edited by Pomthai

Ace of Pop, on 22 Feb 2015 - 18:30, said:

So,name some Stars then,biggrin.png

It looks like you have dismissed LH, don't know why ... but didn't I see that 'always grinning' bloke from Red Bull drive a week or so back ... if I remember he did a flyer! Has the fog cleared now rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Who is Will Smith.?. Rubens Barachello,Tom Cruze.O.K.. its not realy Stars its area Celebs mainly. Enjoyed Rubens Lap,shame Stig didnt compete against his time.

Warpy wasn't available that week lol.

As for Men in Black. ..Will Smith, perhaps Tommy Lee Jones is more your genre ace.

• Like 1

Who is Will Smith.?. Rubens Barachello,Tom Cruze.O.K.. its not realy Stars its area Celebs mainly. Enjoyed Rubens Lap,shame Stig didnt compete against his time.

I shouldn't bite, because probably this thread is just you trying to show your out of touch, or making a point about you don't consider todays new stars because you are stuck in time somewhere.

But who is Will Smith? A rapper from the beginning of music videos, who became a TV star and then became one of Hollywood's top A-list action/drama stars. And not only that his wife is a fairly famous TV, Movie, and voice actor, and one of his kids has not only been in movies, but was the star of Karate Kid and is now pursing a music career.

So Will Smith is kinda famous and I think Top Gear has the right to call him a star.

This season the "stars" have been Ed Sheeran (musician), Keifer Sutherland (actor), Will Smith (actor/musician), Olly Murs (musician) and Daniel Ricciardo - the best F1 driver, ever (and not just at the F1 lap challenge).

If you don't know these people, I think you need to turn on your TV and radio more often :)

• Like 1

In last week's episode, the Stig was seen beating up a cardboard likeness of Daniel Ricciardo - I'm guessing he didn't just shame the other F1 drivers 2 weeks ago wink.png

Epic:

Edited by IMHO
  • Like 1

Simon Cowell

​Micheal Schumacher

Stephen Fry

Martin Clunes

Cliff Richard

Sir Bob Geldof

James Nesbitt

Jonathan Ross

Nigel Mansell

Gordon Ramsay

Sir Michael Gambon

Carol Vorderman

Sir Terry Wogan

Jamie Oliver

Dame Helen Mirren

Lewis Hamilton

Michael Parkinson

Sir Tom Jones

Jay Leno

Jenson Button

John Prescott

Sebastian Vettel

Kimi Räikkönen

​fairly well known names I can think off offhand

Not many STARS for all the years the shows been running.coffee1.gif

Sorry for any repeat names but also:

Harry Enfield

Steve Coogan

Vinnie Jones

David Soul

Neil Morrissey

Boris Johnson

Joddie Kidd

Martin Kemp

Simon Cowell

Jordan

Lionel Richie

Sir Ranulph Fiennes

Joanna Lumley

Jimmy Carr

Roger Daltrey

Damon Hill

Timothy Spall

Ian Wright

Nigel Mansell

Jimmy Carr

Les Ferdinand

Ewan McGregor

Jenson Button

Jools Holland

Dame Helen Mirren

Ronnie Wood

Jennifer Saunders

David Tennant

Sir Michael Parkinson

Jay Leno

Michael Schumacher

Usain Bolt

Michael Sheen

Guy Ritchie

Rubens Barrichello

Cameron Diaz

Eric Clapton

Slash (Guns N’ Roses)

Matt LeBlanc

Rowan Atkinson

Alice Cooper

Boris Becker

Ron Howard

Hugh Jackman

Bruce Willis

But I can see what you mean about not many stars.

Maybe they should have gotten the Queen or Barack Obama, jeez they could have dug up Benny Hill, strapped him in with a seatbelt and put a house brick on the accelerator (just so they have someone that you recognise).

• Like 1

In last week's episode, the Stig was seen beating up a cardboard likeness of Daniel Ricciardo - I'm guessing he didn't just shame the other F1 drivers 2 weeks ago wink.png

Epic:

Or one of the other F1 drivers has is moonlighting in the off season? Or maybe a recently retired Brazilian F1 driver who used to be at the top of the list? whistling.gif

BTW incidentally, Matt Leblanc who was nearly listed last is the current celebrity fastest lap holder and has been for some years now.. I'd like to see them get some pro sports car racer/actor Patrick Dempsy over there and see how he fares in that comp., Personally I think LeBlanc is probably faster.

Edited by WarpSpeed