which truck would you pick

rickthailand

the Ford Ranger and the Mazda are both built in the same plant, same engine, gearbox ETC, the main difference is the inside and the shell. I have had Fords for years, but engine parts brakes etc I always brought at a Mazda dealer. check it out, In America all Mazda and Fords are trucks are made at flat rocks just south of Detroit. same truck different companies. Plus one is cheaper. Ford has been a partner with Mazda for many years now.

I have a Mitsubishi Triton. just now and I love it has power, easy to drive, easy to service. when the turbo kicks in, look out. I had it five years not a problem. still looks and feels new goes up the mountains with ease, does not slide when braking, brought it when I first came to Thailand, but if I had to buy a new one it would a Ford, Mazda (same truck) or a Mitsubishi. I have done my home work on these, just depends on what you are looking for in style, power, comfort. etc.

Yep. Same Truck. I like Mazda's service center and the 107k discount they gave me with a three year warranty, tint, bedliner, chrome tie downs and two years insurance.

I wanted a Ford. But at 216k cheaper, the Mazda was a no-brainer.

Specs: Doublecab 4x4 3.2 AT

Price: THB 893,000

Model: 2014

I looked at the new Triton a while back. The interior is much nicer than the Mazda. But at 925,000 for a 2.4 AT 2wd I had to give it a miss. (it doesn't come with diff breathers either)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Ford and Mazda are the only manufacturers that install differential breathers that run up into the engine compartment.

I had the same thoughts, a FORD with the 3,2 l engine but that price whistling.gif and only in automatic,

I am no friend from automatic.

Would you not have a second thought if they have offered you a special deal for the manual transmission Mazda BT 50 with the 3,2 l engine?

I just noticed such a special discounted price for that model which makes me thinking. rolleyes.gif

I don't think the 3.2 had a manual then. I did see one at the Motor Expo though.

I drive a manual 4.7 V8 at work, off-road at extreme grades 4L at all times and never bring it above 3rd gear. When I'm home I like to let the vehicle do the work while I focus on not squashing oblivious bikers.

The discount was all timing. Selling that truck at that price put them over all other Mazda dealers in the country for 2014.

Do some research on the 3.2 Ford or Mazda - there is a lot of praise regarding the auto gearebox. More so than the manual version. Its far superior to many others from what I've read, and having ridden in a friends 3.2 Mazda its impressive and surprising quick (for a truck).

• Like 1

Skyboogie, on 26 Feb 2015 - 03:26, said:snapback.png

I don't think the 3.2 had a manual then. I did see one at the Motor Expo though.

I drive a manual 4.7 V8 at work, off-road at extreme grades 4L at all times and never bring it above 3rd gear. When I'm home I like to let the vehicle do the work while I focus on not squashing oblivious bikers.

The discount was all timing. Selling that truck at that price put them over all other Mazda dealers in the country for 2014.

Pomthai

Posted Today, 10:26

Do some research on the 3.2 Ford or Mazda - there is a lot of praise regarding the auto gearebox. More so than the manual version. Its far superior to many others from what I've read, and having ridden in a friends 3.2 Mazda its impressive and surprising quick (for a truck).

==================================================================================

BUT, the offer is good in my opinion and only for the

Mazda BT 50 3,2 l 4x4 4 doors MT 18 % discount on the listed price = 784.000.- B. + the normal give away,

wink.png I am thinking. rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

How many Ford dealerships/ repair shops in Chonburi/ Rayong/ nationwide? How many from Toyota?

If you want the best looking truck go for a Ford, the most practical/reliable/uncomplicated truck would be a Toyota.

Make this experiment, go to THE Ford dealer in Rayong ( Yes, there is only one) and sit there/ stroll around for a day.

They will not care,so you can make your observations undisturbed, understanding Thai would be an advantage but not necessary.

On a good day you can see min 3 - 4 mellow Thai customers losing it...

How many Ford dealerships/ repair shops in Chonburi/ Rayong/ nationwide? How many from Toyota?

If you want the best looking truck go for a Ford, the most practical/reliable/uncomplicated truck would be a Toyota.

Make this experiment, go to THE Ford dealer in Rayong ( Yes, there is only one) and sit there/ stroll around for a day.

They will not care,so you can make your observations undisturbed, understanding Thai would be an advantage but not necessary.

Maybe the staff from Ford Pattaya got transferred to Rayong for apathy and lack of interest! Or maybe it's because Rayong are now getting the overflow of farangs 'just looking' and the other time wasters that Pattaya sees coming through their doors.

The sales lady at Ford in Udon Thani was incredible... never since I bought new in the US have I had salesman so keen where they want you to drive away in a new car, whatever it takes. Most showrooms here, the sales staff look up from their phones and tablets and play invisible, hoping someone else will go deal with the customer, farang or otherwise.

Speaking Thai is a must IMHO.

Maybe the staff from Ford Pattaya got transferred to Rayong for apathy and lack of interest! Or maybe it's because Rayong are now getting the overflow of farangs 'just looking' and the other time wasters that Pattaya sees coming through their doors.

The sales lady at Ford in Udon Thani was incredible... never since I bought new in the US have I had salesman so keen where they want you to drive away in a new car, whatever it takes. Most showrooms here, the sales staff look up from their phones and tablets and play invisible, hoping someone else will go deal with the customer, farang or otherwise.

Maybe I misunderstood the post you quoted but from what I gather he was getting at, was if you hang around a that dealership in Rayong you will see oodles of unhappy customers....?

Edited by bkkjames

Maybe I misunderstood the post you quoted but from what I gather he was getting at, was if you hang around a that dealership in Rayong you will see oodles of unhappy customers....?

Not sure what he was on about either. To be able to say that Ford Rayong has a daily stream of all-wound-up-and-nowhere-to-go Thai customers, then we must assume that he is a daily visitor at said establishment himself. Makes me wonder if he's actually bought anything yet or just another bored, retired farang that collects the shiny brochures and price lists.

Anyone know if the new model Toyota Vigo is the Tacoma recently introduced in the U.S.?

I saw a Tacoma here in khonkaen last week it looked very nice, sadly it was left hand drive and had Lao plates.

Edited by nev