Top Immigration official denies grounding planes at Suvarnabhumi in 'revenge'

webfact

What was the misunderstanding? Either he did or he did not, there can't be a misunderstanding.

BTW, If the other Airlines mentioned gave his wife cheap or free tickets and wouldn't let him in a restricted area, I'm sure he would of ordered them delayed also. He's only spiting the airline that made him lose face.

I do wish posters would cease and desist from citing 'face' and loss thereof every time some Thai wingnut spits his dummy out. 'Face' is predominantly a Japanese concept involving 'honour'. The Thai don't have it.

Dumb questions. How can such a senior officer not have security clearance? How can an immigration police delay departing flights selectively ?

Something strange here.

yes something in the story missing or wrong.

I don't think every BKK police officer is allowed to wonder around airport either.

Used to work in international airport. After 911 not much room for unauthorized accesses and authorizations are granted by need not rank.

I seriously doubt anyone would challenge a very senior RTP officer at BKK regardless of what division he's currently attached to.

He may not have an swipe card and some poor sod may not have jumped to attention and swiped quick enough. Or they didn't fawn and wai enough.

But challenge him - not here.

• Like 1

So has there EVER been any positive news reports about Thai Immigration Officers.

I never heard, read, or was told about one.

Anyways.

Aren't the brown shirts supposed to be responsible for all Non-Thais, or whatever is not born, made, or "assimilated" in the LOS???

So has there EVER been any positive news reports about ANY Immigration Officers worldwide?.

Immigration worldwide have powers that even the police don't have but still seem to have a chip on their shoulders so passengers feel the brunt of their abuse and are treated like 'cattle to the slaughter'

Immigration in Thailand and many other countries are the police.

What was the misunderstanding? Either he did or he did not, there can't be a misunderstanding.

BTW, If the other Airlines mentioned gave his wife cheap or free tickets and wouldn't let him in a restricted area, I'm sure he would of ordered them delayed also. He's only spiting the airline that made him lose face.

I do wish posters would cease and desist from citing 'face' and loss thereof every time some Thai wingnut spits his dummy out. 'Face' is predominantly a Japanese concept involving 'honour'. The Thai don't have it.

Nonsense.

• Like 1

I've been reading all your responses. And have to wonder did you ACTUALLY READ the whole of the news report, for once it was actually fairly complete!

The rest is below:

" Pol.Maj.Gen. Suwitpol told Khaosod yesterday that the accusation was unfounded, and that only one plane was delayed for security reasons.

"Thai Airways sent a list of passengers that didn't match with the actual number, so officials had to [ground the plane] and recheck the number of passengers," Pol.Maj.Gen. Suwitpol said. "Let me stress that I never used my power to bully anyone. What's important is my wife didn't even travel on any Thai Airways flights on that day."

"I don't know what the person who posted the allegation wants from me," he added.

Pol.Col. Cherngron Rimpadee, the officer in charge of immigration inspection at the airport, also insisted that the allegation was "untrue." He confirmed that officers only delayed one plane to re-check the passenger list because of a security protocol.

"We recently tightened security policies," Pol.Col. Cherngron said, "The plane was delayed because of an incomplete passengers list, which delayed the process to approve the plane's take-off."

Hard to believe Thai airways passenger manifesto is wrong for all of their flights and immigration somehow noticed that it didn't match for all of their flights. I know flight attendants take head count right before take off, so at least one THAI plane must have had the correct number of passengers right? Still more to it then a simple misunderstanding. Perhaps it was a personal issue with a THAI employee hence the commander delayed the flight, the anonymous commenter made up a story about the commanders wife.

I've been reading all your responses. And have to wonder did you ACTUALLY READ the whole of the news report, for once it was actually fairly complete!

The rest is below:

" Pol.Maj.Gen. Suwitpol told Khaosod yesterday that the accusation was unfounded, and that only one plane was delayed for security reasons.

"Thai Airways sent a list of passengers that didn't match with the actual number, so officials had to [ground the plane] and recheck the number of passengers," Pol.Maj.Gen. Suwitpol said. "Let me stress that I never used my power to bully anyone. What's important is my wife didn't even travel on any Thai Airways flights on that day."

"I don't know what the person who posted the allegation wants from me," he added.

Pol.Col. Cherngron Rimpadee, the officer in charge of immigration inspection at the airport, also insisted that the allegation was "untrue." He confirmed that officers only delayed one plane to re-check the passenger list because of a security protocol.

"We recently tightened security policies," Pol.Col. Cherngron said, "The plane was delayed because of an incomplete passengers list, which delayed the process to approve the plane's take-off."

Hard to believe Thai airways passenger manifesto is wrong for all of their flights and immigration somehow noticed that it didn't match for all of their flights. I know flight attendants take head count right before take off, so at least one THAI plane must have had the correct number of passengers right? Still more to it then a simple misunderstanding. Perhaps it was a personal issue with a THAI employee hence the commander delayed the flight, the anonymous commenter made up a story about the commanders wife.

One flight delayed.. Immigration say one flight delayed.. Can you all read?

If true, this knob jockey has broken international law. a la nut rage. Lock him up on hundreds of charges, and throw away the key. Repeat 100,000 times, rinse, repeat. Wax on wax off. Presto. A clean LOS.

What international law?

Who enforces it?

I was being facetious. At any rate, even if a law was broken, nothing would ever come of it... not in LOS. cheesy.gif

Dumb questions. How can such a senior officer not have security clearance? How can an immigration police delay departing flights selectively ?

Something strange here.

Yes, those were my thoughts as well.

Immigration can delay passengers from boarding if they don't have the correct documentation, but delaying a flight purely on a whim? I don't think the immigration has that authority.

Thai Airways BKK-London- BKK 100,000B today.... another airline 1 stop 33,000 even BA only 60,000. I have a Thai Gold Card. Have to pay me to get on a Thai plane nowadays

20K baht Melbourne/Chiangmai return

But of course the Big Man needs to save his Little Lord Fauntleroy face, now that his behavior has come under public scrutiny. SE Asians, in general (particularly the menfolk), seem to have severe developmental issues with emotional maturity. Even the last sentence of the OP's comment, was a bit on the childish side.coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

Thai Airways BKK-London- BKK 100,000B today.... another airline 1 stop 33,000 even BA only 60,000. I have a Thai Gold Card. Have to pay me to get on a Thai plane nowadays

20K baht Melbourne/Chiangmai return

And your point, relative to the OP topic is ???? whistling.gif