Helmut Fine Breakdowns Something Seems Wrong Here

elgordo38

My g/f tells me that the breakdown of the fine for not wearing a helmut is rather back end loaded. She also says she has heard that some of the traffic/drunk in public/fighting fines have increased by a multiple of up to times 10 i.e. a previous fine of a 1000 bahts can be as high as 10,000 now. I agree that wrong doers should be punished financially but this seems a little overboard considering the wages earned here in Thailand. I often wonder where a lot of these increases go? Have at it. Any body have any real information on the subject. Looking for some realistic to bizarre feedback.

Never wear a German. giggle.gif

( Helmut )

Fine should be 400 baht I think for no Helmet

(around pattaya that is )

I do wear German on daily basis. But I'm also wearing Helmut Schmidt's helmet. How did you find out that Helmut went to Ping Pong city?

I'm very helmutised now. facepalm.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Damn- if I have an accident on my bike while riding drunk without a helmet and the other guy wants to fight about it, it's gonna cost me 30K- that seems pretty excessive. Is there a volume discount?

Please tell me that this thing in your Avatar isn't a 150 cc CBR Honda Moped? Please.

Would make a race with you riding on my wife's 110 cc Yamaha and bet a carton of Leo that you lose. coffee1.gif

OK you got me it should be spelled helmet NOT helmut what was I thinking? HA HA HAbiggrin.pnggiggle.gifsad.png None of you however are addressing part 2 of my thread about the drastic increase in fines for traffic/fighting/drunk. Anyone have any idea why there would be a 10 fold increase in some of these fines.??

Damn- if I have an accident on my bike while riding drunk without a helmet and the other guy wants to fight about it, it's gonna cost me 30K- that seems pretty excessive. Is there a volume discount?

Please tell me that this thing in your Avatar isn't a 150 cc CBR Honda Moped? Please.

Would make a race with you riding on my wife's 110 cc Yamaha and bet a carton of Leo that you lose. coffee1.gif

You're on.

Tomorrow morning BIRA circuit.

On a serious note for a second, I heard that any helmets purchased overseas and worn in Thailand are technically illegal and could be subject to a fine because they don't contain the Thai safety standards sticker.

I don't know about that, they most likely won't bother if you wear any helmut. Never had a chance to find out and hope never will.

You are right that they won't bother you with a helmet on. Just saying for example that my Shoei helmet, that I brought in from overseas, technically is illegal without the Thai safety sticker on it.

u

Good eye- yeah, it's a CBR150. It's been running pretty badly lately, but I just added gold-anodized wheels and an HRC sticker kit, which should increase horsepower by at least 50%. I'm not a Leo fan, though- maybe we could run for cash...?

• Like 1

Solution = Always wear a helmet, have a licence & Don't Drink & Drive!! smile.png

Nope. They are doing a new shakedown at Police checkpoints now.

They are accusing riders of tossing a bag of drugs 100 meters before the checkpoint.

They pulled this one yesterday on a guy. The guy had connections. He is in the media but kept his mouth shut and the police proceeded to shake him down until his colleagues in the media showed up with cameras.

Suddenly, there were no drugs...and the criminal police sent him on his way.

(DELETED)

Post edited for language