Disabled Surfer Tells Story of Violent Beating by Thugs in Phuket

Jacob Maslow

Many, many years ago I was taught how to take out a big guy as I was weee, his LEGS, do it with my legs and feet.......The toe rags in this case had it done for them. How anyone can make excuses for this lo-life is beyond me.....sad.png

• Like 2

Poor guy. Thailand would be my last choice of residence if I was disabled.

I am disabled (wheelchair bound) and I live here for over 28 years , never had a problem like this....and I ride all over Thailand every year and most countries in SE Asia.....

There is something fishy with this story...

.I have been in ruff places, and never had any violent act done against me. I don't wear expensive things like gold or a flashy watch....

there is something very wrong in this story....

The only thing that is wrong is people like you suggesting, twice, without any information whatsoever to back up your assertions, that the man is lying

• Like 2

Can you surf in Thailand?

Let alone without any bloody legs.

You're happy with that comment?

Seems so, Douglas Badder flew Hurricane fighters and shot down the enemy with no legs....If one has that grrrrr motivation one can try and achieve............... thumbsup.gif ...........Better men than me.

• Like 1

Of course I could be wrong, and of course there are possible innocent explanations....it's just that the story smells.

Another thing is the 5-6 thugs.....it's odd. I can believe one loathsome idiot doing it, but in a group, surely the majority would hold the one arrresole back? The majority of people just don't do that sort of thing.

Also, the guy is ex-military, a wheelchair rider and a legless surfer; He would have arms like a pro wrestler and the grip of superman.

I also find it hard to believe that onlookers did nothing until the thug left, and that the thugs did it in front of locals.

Give it a bloody rest. Every remark you continue to make just compounds your idiocy and bigotry.

• Like 2

Fair comment.

The two months treatment could mean going to the hospital once a week for dressings etc...

Ah sod it, I'll just believe your theory because its the only one at the moment.

You just lowered yourself to Seastallion's level by giving him the benefit of the (non-existant) doubt over the disabled gentleman who actually knows what happened.

It was joke lad.

• Like 1

Let alone without any bloody legs.

You're happy with that comment?

Seems so, Douglas Badder flew Hurricane fighters and shot down the enemy with no legs....If one has that grrrrr motivation one can try and achieve............... thumbsup.gif ...........Better men than me.

Are you sure?

I saw him playing golf once when I was a caddy in a pro-celeb. tournament. Could play pretty well considering.

Surfing with no legs would be easier surely as lower centre of gravity.

Actually I learned to surf in Phuket in 1988 and there's also surf in Samui, Phangan and possible Lanta, so yes is the answer to your question.

However, I fail to see why and how anyone can refer to someone with no legs as a surfer...

If he could wait 3 days before going to hospital, and if the only help he needed at the time was to get up off the ground, why was he hospitalised for 2 months? Something in the back of my minds says that he may have suffered another set of injuries after the mugging and that the mugging wasn't all that violent. Another done-over-by-a-ladyboy story?

Sad that the bystanders waited until after the thugs had gone before they helped. I can't comprehend it.

wow... you really do have a sick imagination

How on earth have you came up with a ladyboy story from that?

I didn't. That's why I used a question mark.

I'm putting it out there that there may be more to this...and violent ladyboy is one possibility for a scenario where someone sustains injuries but doesn't want to tell anyone how he got them.

It just doesn't make sense that the only help he needed after the mugging was to get back in his chair and the injuries were such that he didn't need to seek treatment, but 3 days later he as injuries that required a 2 month hospital stay.

It's obvious that you don't know anyone who must use a wheelchair.

One of the major issues that we face is skin breakdown, which can become a pressure sore if left untreated. Any skin abrasion or bruise can develop into an issue over a couple of days, which then necessitates being off that area for weeks or months until the skin heals. Particularly problematic if an infection develops. Hospitalisation for a couple of months implies that the damage done was caught early - he could have been in for much longer.

And the poster above who has never had a pressure sore is in for a treat when he eventually gets one.

I agree with you, I have bedsores myself.....and have spend some time in hospital numerous times....but 6 Thai guys beating up a handicapped guy ???... I find hard to believe ...one or two guys might do this to rob someone, but 6 ???!!! I don't believe.....there would always be one in the bunch that tries to stop them doing this....he told this story to cover for something. maybe he want somebody to pay for his hospital bill....

I have met a lot of dodgy people in Thailand Thai and Farangs....but 6 together at one time never....!!!

• Like 2

How on earth have you came up with a ladyboy story from that?

I didn't. That's why I used a question mark.

I'm putting it out there that there may be more to this...and violent ladyboy is one possibility for a scenario where someone sustains injuries but doesn't want to tell anyone how he got them.

It just doesn't make sense that the only help he needed after the mugging was to get back in his chair and the injuries were such that he didn't need to seek treatment, but 3 days later he as injuries that required a 2 month hospital stay.

It's obvious that you don't know anyone who must use a wheelchair.

One of the major issues that we face is skin breakdown, which can become a pressure sore if left untreated. Any skin abrasion or bruise can develop into an issue over a couple of days, which then necessitates being off that area for weeks or months until the skin heals. Particularly problematic if an infection develops. Hospitalisation for a couple of months implies that the damage done was caught early - he could have been in for much longer.

And the poster above who has never had a pressure sore is in for a treat when he eventually gets one.

I agree with you, I have bedsores myself.....and have spend some time in hospital numerous times....but 6 Thai guys beating up a handicapped guy ???... I find hard to believe ...one or two guys might do this to rob someone, but 6 ???!!! I don't believe.....there would always be one in the bunch that tries to stop them doing this....he told this story to cover for something. maybe he want somebody to pay for his hospital bill....

I have met a lot of dodgy people in Thailand Thai and Farangs....but 6 together at one time never....!!!

Remember a honeymoon couple walking after dinner. Several Thai youths set on them and kicked shit out the bloke - to impress their girl friends?

Well maybe 5 or 6 guys, some booze and or drugs inside them, or just out of devilment pick on a disabled guy in a wheel chair for a "bit of fun". Start pushing him around, he objects, says something which takes objection to and it all kicks off. The robbery just a side issue whilst there at it.

I can't understand people standing by and doing nothing though.

Have there ever been an incident where 1 (one) thai was having a fight with 1 other person ... ? or do they have to be 5-10 thais just another culture that I know of ....

All the Thais I've had fights with were alone.

If he could wait 3 days before going to hospital, and if the only help he needed at the time was to get up off the ground, why was he hospitalised for 2 months? Something in the back of my minds says that he may have suffered another set of injuries after the mugging and that the mugging wasn't all that violent. Another done-over-by-a-ladyboy story?

Sad that the bystanders waited until after the thugs had gone before they helped. I can't comprehend it.

There are a lot of reasons. Sometimes the time between the incident and seeking proper medical care allows the injuries to worsen. I was involved in a minor motorcycle accident. I went to a clinic and was x-rayed and diagnosed with bruised ribs. Three weeks later I could not breathe, I went to hospital and was told I had five broken ribs and a collapsed lung, it took two operations to straighten out the damage.

i can understand why they did not help him while being attack those knife and gun carrying little shit cowards would cut up and sell there own mother for 10 bhat

He probably thought he would get better, then realized that wasn't going to happen without professional medical help. This guy is no stranger to pain. What in the article leads you to believe ladyboys were involved? I didn't read that anywhere.

As far as the bystanders not helping while the assault was going on, I can believe it. My wife and her niece were run down by a pickup last year, despite being on a busy city street none of the vendors or other motorists were able to give a description of the truck and nobody chased after it to get the license number. People did come and drag them out of the roadway so nobody else would run over them. Maybe someone else can shed some light on why people here seem more likely to help "after the fact"?

And the police do not even bother to find the perpetrators.

In the vicinity are to be certainly some CCTV cameras.

The police are to lazy to go out and check this.

Disgraceful.

I take it you haven't been in Thailand long?

People need to stop looking at the RTP as a police force as we know it to be in the west.

They're an organised crime unit.

Real hero stuff there, get the gang together go out and look for someone in a wheelchair to beat up.

post-181811-14258689808506_thumb.jpg

• Like 1