Non-alcolhol Holidays

richchin

It would be an excellent idea for someone, somewhere to post the holidays where alcohol can be bought and when pubs can serve and also the times. I loved it one afternoon after work, sitting with friends have a few cold ones and suddenly, that's it--no alcohol after 7:00 p.m. as tomorrow is election day!!

(Actually--I got by lucky--I ordered 3 at 6:50) and just kept getting ice!

Simple

Assume that all public holidays are non-alcohol days and plan accordingly. The trick is to know when it is going to be a holiday, this information is not always well communicated. The pinned list at the top of this forum is a start.

If you end up with more than you can handle, have a party. :o

Usually elections, religious holidays and anything to do with the royal family are alcohol free days.

You could buy booze perfectly easily on the Queen's birthday recently, so not sure the booze ban extends to Royal Family related occasions. Also, when it was the King's 60th corronation at the same time as the world cup recently we had uninterrupted boozing then.

You could buy booze perfectly easily on the Queen's birthday recently, so not sure the booze ban extends to Royal Family related occasions. Also, when it was the King's 60th corronation at the same time as the world cup recently we had uninterrupted boozing then.

Depends. Some pubs will sell in the daytime but close at 6pm. Go figure. But thats what some were told to do.

In Bangkok, usually, your friendly neighbourhood - police comes the night before and leaves a letter with the request to refrain from serving alcohol to respect the day.

One does not have to follow such request but ....

The only sure bets I heard was that most hotel bars are willing to serve no matter what the holiday as they are more off the beaten path and less likely to get caught. Not sure if this is a golden rule though.

On the Queen's birthday, I was at a restaurant for dinner, where they allowed you to bring your own liquor and they themselves served only beer.

Made it down to Pattaya that same night after dinner, and everyone was boozing.

Go figure.

mate,

i'll let you in on a top aussie secret. :D

this is a very serious issue you raise. :D

running out off larger at the weekend barbie is a punishable by death here in australia. :D

your mates would be most uninpressed with your good self and words could never smooth it over. :D

just make sure you have heaps of cans hidden in the cupboard and you'll be cherished by your friends always. :D

public holidays will never worry you again. :D

cheers :o

Pretty much booze everywhere - I know in Patters, hide the bottle and pour into glass was the routine. Or turn the lights off and still serve in bottles. :D

BKK was a diff story - was over nite when they had an election and I was stuck drinking soda at Nana Plaza. :o Mind you the hotel bar was serving still. :D

mate,

running out off larger at the weekend barbie is a punishable by death here in australia. :D

your mates would be most uninpressed with your good self and words could never smooth it over. :D

just make sure you have heaps of cans hidden in the cupboard and you'll be cherished by your friends always. :D

cheers :D

Says he who only has to deal with boxing day :o

:D

terry, ya right, we all have alot of "friends" when we have the beer or the cash to buy it (or for that matter anything that they can use), BUT are these really " friends?"

To me a friend is someone thats there in thick or thin.

Just my 2baht.

terry, ya right, we all have alot of "friends" when we have the beer or the cash to buy it (or for that matter anything that they can use), BUT are these really " friends?"

To me a friend is someone thats there in thick or thin.

Just my 2baht.

cricky's mate,

are you kidding or what ?

mateship in aussie is paramount, as if you dont treat your mates with top respect your a loser on a massive scale and life aint worth living. :D

of course there my friends, as you cant just go to the shop and buy half a dozen of them to have a giggle with can you ?

but i am selective, as i hear your very intelligent quote of only loving your true friends as there are in fact people that we call, " hangers on "

jesus fella,

thats why the aussie fella's will always buy there mates a beer and give them a feed as there a precious commodity.

goes back to the war mate,

kokoda trail and the burma railway sort of thing.

never say to an old digger that there mates ain't top priority as they'll throw a frigging heart attack.

anyway,

i hope ive taught you a thing or 2 about the australian connection to there friends. :D

cheers my good man. :o

mate,

cheers :D

Says he who only has to deal with boxing day :o

yes,

i know your having a giggle and all that, but i must tell you that for a person of your authority,

a super moderator with 10 million posts up, you got to get with the program about aus bloody tralia mate.

cricky's , we got that many public holidays that im in and out of rehab when the barbies not cranking.

cheers my friend :D

Terry 'ld boy, as you put it, I can only say CHEERS MATE, and I'll give one whenever youre in Samui.

Should this thread be moved to the gay forum? :o:D

Just kidding mate. :D:D

" NOT THAT THERE'S ANY THING WRONG WITH THAT " :D

but i'll think i'll stick with the female variety for a while tuky. :D

look ,

ive got a conundrum,

have you got a front bottom or not ?

its only a question as im not sure ?

cheers tuky. :D

Terry 'ld boy, as you put it, I can only say CHEERS MATE, and I'll give one whenever youre in Samui.

jens old mate

i'll take you up on that generous offer from your top self, :D

mate ,

im the real deal, the one and only terry 57.

my in box is over flowing. :D

A lot of these punters are having trouble keeping up with my missle blasting tru blue logic posts. :D

you know why that is jens ?

because i deal in experience and fact only.

an unbeatable combination really ? :D

i got a little bit more info that i can espouse on your good self since you live on samui and could imagine my connection with koh samui.

jesus mate,

i was smoking wacky tabbacy there in 86. :D

lived on koh phan gan at tong nai pann as well.

only a few backpackers then.

huts on the beach 40 bath.

cheerish the times, before those fire twirlers invaded the place.

but thats a whole new thread. :D

cheers my friend :o

PS. me and you, are getting on the turps next time im on samui. :D

which will be in october as all the punters now that i'll be back in october and having social gatherings sinking a few dozen pints being for social reasons only.