Russian tourist arrested for allegedly killing security officer

Thaivisa News

Oh God forbid say anything positive about the Thais. I ask myself this question everyday. If the foreigners that live and visit here hate the Thais so much. Why do you stay ? Two reasons. And if you look deep and are honest with yourself i think you already know the answer. I would have done the same for my girlfriend without a second thought. Sacrifice your own life for another should be honored.

Some people don't see much in a positive way. It may be due to past trauma, substance abuse, disease or other pathology. It may be that they enjoy being the adversary or see their dogma as the only light in an otherwise dark world.

I steer clear when I encounter them here in Thailand.

There are plenty of positive, intelligent and open-minded people to meet, both Thai and not Thai.

One Day at a Time

what happened and the way it was wrote is unbelievable.

that would be 'WRITTEN' !!

Don't forget. Not everyone on TV forum is a native English speaker.

I think a slight confusion over the past participle isn't the end of the world as the sentence is still understandable.

• Like 2

Never a doubt, the keypad detectives have already invented the security guard hero, the drug-crazed Russian, the life sentence, even the death sentence, ad infinitum. All you have is the story as reported. Most of you have already complained about the poor quality of reporting in other forums, yet you continue to kibitz based on poor reporting. The story has only the girlfriend’s word, saying the Russian was smashing vehicle windows, when she told him to stop, he started after her. Whereupon, the boyfriend intervened, and was killed for his efforts.

What if the story was reported: A Russian quality tourist saw an obviously drug-crazed Thai man bashing windows in a parking lot. The good Samaritan Russian, ran to stop the wanton destruction of property and the Thai turned the pipe on him. The ex-Spetsnaz Russian and the drug-crazed Thai fought to the death over possession of the pipe. Seeing the looming Thai accomplices and fearing for his safety, the Russian hero tried to scale the wall, but was subdued by a Thai mob of accomplices. Upon arrival, the police, knowing full-well no Thai would do such a thing, believed the girlfriend’s and accomplices’ concocted a story of murder and destruction of property at the hands of the Russian. The quality tourist was unable to speak Thai or any other language the police understood to tell his side of the story.

Lighten up, it's only a forum

You mean to say, you think I am too harsh on these fabricators? Ah, don't cry, I won't critisize you, I promise.

• Like 1

As always the eye for an eye responses that show the intelligence of many posters here. Many people somehow still believe that we will rid the world of all evil by being evil ourselves. How can that work? We've tried this medieval policy for 100's, if not 1000's of years and there are still many evil forces at work. Maybe it's time for a new approach.

Rest in Peace Prajak

I have yet to see any of those who have been executed come back and commit another crime, whereas the same cannot be said of those who are incarcerated for a period of time, including up to life in prison. Your argument doesn't hold water.

I'm not sure you understood what I said smacks41. Perhaps you are one of those people I was talking about? So deeply programmed and indoctrinated into believing that we should hand out harsh punishment for crimes that we otherwise condemn.

The Netherlands is a good example. Punishment for many crimes is very lenient there and somehow they have very little crime. If we are to believe you the Netherlands should be a dangerous cesspool of crime and corruption but it's actually the opposite. Unlike the US where they still maintain the eye for an eye policy and crime is soaring. I believe 2.5 million people are incarcerated in the god blessed States.

As always the eye for an eye responses that show the intelligence of many posters here. Many people somehow still believe that we will rid the world of all evil by being evil ourselves. How can that work? We've tried this medieval policy for 100's, if not 1000's of years and there are still many evil forces at work. Maybe it's time for a new approach.

Rest in Peace Prajak

I have yet to see any of those who have been executed come back and commit another crime, whereas the same cannot be said of those who are incarcerated for a period of time, including up to life in prison. Your argument doesn't hold water.

and the hundreds of people that have later been found to not have committed capital punishment crimes being executed is a price worth paying for the baying mobs out there is it?

"Hundreds of people"? Slight exaggeration methinks! But when the facts are unquestionable, and the guilty plead guilty, yes, save the taxpayer a lot of money and put these animals to sleep - forever.

Rest in Peace Prajak

I'm not sure you understood what I said smacks41. Perhaps you are one of those people I was talking about? So deeply programmed and indoctrinated into believing that we should hand out harsh punishment for crimes that we otherwise condemn.

The Netherlands is a good example. Punishment for many crimes is very lenient there and somehow they have very little crime. If we are to believe you the Netherlands should be a dangerous cesspool of crime and corruption but it's actually the opposite. Unlike the US where they still maintain the eye for an eye policy and crime is soaring. I believe 2.5 million people are incarcerated in the god blessed States.

And how many people live there? And how many people live in the Netherlands? And are you saying that the Netherlands reputation for football hooligans is unjustified?

When a thai kills a farang wich happen many times every week, who catch them?? nobody knows or see anything.

but when farang kill thai, oo noooo can not doo , farang this and that, no good bad , ai sad, ai hia bla bla

by the way the thai security guy probably said sometin or was rude to the russian thinkin his sak yan tattoos will protec him from bullets and knives.

When a thai kills a farang wich happen many times every week, who catch them?? nobody knows or see anything.

but when farang kill thai, oo noooo can not doo , farang this and that, no good bad , ai sad, ai hia bla bla

by the way the thai security guy probably said sometin or was rude to the russian thinkin his sak yan tattoos will protec him from bullets and knives.

So your saying it was a loss of face by the Russian.

Rest in Peace Prajak

and the hundreds of people that have later been found to not have committed capital punishment crimes being executed is a price worth paying for the baying mobs out there is it?

HUNDREDS? 'Been executed? Source please.

• Like 1

Amazing how people jump to conclusions with so little information. Maybe somebody spiked his drink with drugs. That happened to a friend of mine in Bangkok...

A drug that makes you instantly bash some one to death? Or was it maybe some sort of virus like in 28 days later?

Rest in Peace Prajak

And how many people live there? And how many people live in the Netherlands? And are you saying that the Netherlands reputation for football hooligans is unjustified?

Prisoners per 100.000 population: USA - 707, Netherlands - 82 (Thailand - 435) Dutch hooligans are pussy boys compared to their English or Italian counterparts wink.png

Rest in Peace Prajak

No answer, eh? Yeah. That's what I thought... "Hundreds". clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Baloney on sale! Get yours here!

• Like 1

No answer, eh? Yeah. That's what I thought... "Hundreds". clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0Jv9FQa1M cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- Baloney on sale! Get yours here!

Hawker9000 - You might want to learn to read, and understand a point being made. It will help prevent you making a fool of yourself

I didn't say HUNDREDS have been executed - what I said was HUNDREDS of people have been mistakenly found guilty for crimes they didn't commit and if the death penalty had been in place would have been executed for it. Bear in mind this is a worldwide issue and spanning the history of crime so the HUNDREDS are actually comfortably THOUSANDS !!

There fixed it for you !

AGAIN!! Pure, and I mean 100% pure, unadulterated, undiluted, can't tell black from white, F-O-O-L-I-S-H SPECULATION!! The facts. Let's see the FACTS!! Go back as far as you want to go, but MAKE IT FACTUAL!!! Or, as you're actually doing, admit that you're guessing...

OH, and YOU SAID:

"and the hundreds of people that have later been found to not have committed capital punishment crimes being executed is a price worth paying for the baying mobs out there is it?"

Where's the "IF" in that???

Need to "fix" your own jibberish! You say it, you own it.

Edited by hawker9000

In reply to DaveinAsia # Post 82 :-

This is alittle bit off topic, but thank you for the statistics, and I have no reason to doubt them. However, just because the Netherlands have less prisoners per 100,000 population does not necessarily mean that crime in itself is proportionately less - only that there are less people in jail.

And your comments re Dutch (football) hooligans are merely your opinion, and I will take that with "a pinch of salt"!:-

Google

"Holland is one of the most tolerant and liberal countries in the world but has some of the most violent football hooligans. It all started back in the 1970's where one of the earliest confrontations happened when Spurs met Feyenoord in the UEFA Cup."

And as recently as Feb 20 2015:-

Over 6000 drunken Dutch Feyennoord "fans" rampaged through Rome for two days, trashing the Campo de'Fiori and the Piazza di Spagna, in the process knocking over parked motorcycles, throwing bottles, injuring 13 police officers, and urinating everywhere.

The worst damage was to Bernini's Fontana della Barcaccia, which had just been through an 11-month restoration. A 10-centimeter piece was broken from the rim, and there were other chips and scratches from thrown bottles.

The word "barbarians" is being used a lot in Rome newspapers today, and apologies are demanded, but there are also people calling for the heads of politicians who didn't manage to prevent this, especially since the rampage in Campo de'Fiori happened Wednesday night, and the destruction in Piazza di Spagna the following afternoon.

No answer, eh? Yeah. That's what I thought... "Hundreds". clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0Jv9FQa1M cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3- Baloney on sale! Get yours here!

Hawker9000 - You might want to learn to read, and understand a point being made. It will help prevent you making a fool of yourself

I didn't say HUNDREDS have been executed - what I said was HUNDREDS of people have been mistakenly found guilty for crimes they didn't commit and if the death penalty had been in place would have been executed for it. Bear in mind this is a worldwide issue and spanning the history of crime so the HUNDREDS are actually comfortably THOUSANDS !!

There fixed it for you !

AGAIN!! Pure, and I mean 100% pure, unadulterated, undiluted, can't tell black from white, F-O-O-L-I-S-H SPECULATION!! The facts. Let's see the FACTS!! Go back as far as you want to go, but MAKE IT FACTUAL!!! Or, as you're actually doing, admit that you're guessing...

OH, and YOU SAID:

"and the hundreds of people that have later been found to not have committed capital punishment crimes being executed is a price worth paying for the baying mobs out there is it?"

I didn't count, but quite a number in the USA alone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wrongful_convictions_in_the_United_States

And about 300 wrongfully executed in the USA since 1973 according to this study: http://www.newsweek.com/one-25-executed-us-innocent-study-claims-248889

There fixed it for you !

OH, and YOU SAID:

WOW - I'll just put that down to you having an alcohol problem - if you can't understand a simple equation then I'm not able to make it anymore simple for you I'm afraid! However here's a pretty big list from just FOUR countries of people WRONGLY placed on death row several of whom had to be pardoned AFTER execution ! It comes complete with the dates and all the 'FACTS' you've requested. However ADD to that list all the wrongly convicted people who would have been placed on death row since capital punishment was abolished in civilised countries (yet again I'll mention the Guildford 4) and you're a long way past the hundreds - still that's ok as long as the knuckle draggers in society get their pound of flesh !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_exonerated_death_row_inmates

Now times that by around 50 (the amount of countries on the planet is around the 200 mark) and you've comfortably got your hundreds - you may need a minor to do the maths for you !

Got it yet or do I need to put it in capitals for the hard of thinking ??

Yeah. I get it. I was right to begin with. No source. 'Just making stuff up. And then more stuff. LOL - 'like anyone (besides you) is talking about extra-judicial killings, cartel butchery, and political killings all around the world. Or executions without jury trial or proof beyond doubt. I do give you credit for some energetic excavation - nobody digs himself a hole like you do. But time now to step away from the bar - you've made a complete fool of yourself and have had more than enough. You're giving alcohol a bad name (and the teetotalers would say that's an accomplishment in itself). You can't support your statement with anything besides wild speculation and ridiculous extrapolation (which is NOT proof) and you MUST be barely lucid enough to realize that - so time to shut it.

@Benroon Hey, Genius. Oh yes, read your link. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_exonerated_death_row_inmates ) You mentioned "HUNDREDS" of those wrongly executed:

"and the hundreds of people that have later been found to not have committed capital punishment crimes being executed". (italics added)

Not total executions, not convicted and then exonerated, not released from death row, not wrongly convicted - but convicted, executed, and later found to have been wrongly convicted.

From YOUR list, I count just THREE (executed and later pardoned, i.e., pardoned posthumously)! THREE!! Vs your "HUNDREDS"!!!! ROFL. What a tool. (One of those three, BTW, Derek Bentley, had participated in a burglary with a partner in which a police officer was shot & killed and another one shot, and the partner, one Christopher Craig, actually did the shooting. The pardon had to do with Bentley's actual level of complicity/involvement in the shooting and complicated questions of English common law. I personally don't count that one as such a gross miscarriage of justice.)

BTW, according to THIS link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_capital_punishment_by_country , only 36 countries worldwide retain the death penalty both in law and in practice. China and Iran the runaway winners of that sweepstakes.

Edited by hawker9000

This is alittle bit off topic, but thank you for the statistics, and I have no reason to doubt them. However, just because the Netherlands have less prisoners per 100,000 population does not necessarily mean that crime in itself is proportionately less - only that there are less people in jail.

And your comments re Dutch (football) hooligans are merely your opinion, and I will take that with "a pinch of salt"!:-

Google

"Holland is one of the most tolerant and liberal countries in the world but has some of the most violent football hooligans. It all started back in the 1970's where one of the earliest confrontations happened when Spurs met Feyenoord in the UEFA Cup."

Over 6000 drunken Dutch Feyennoord "fans" rampaged through Rome for two days, trashing the Campo de'Fiori and the Piazza di Spagna, in the process knocking over parked motorcycles, throwing bottles, injuring 13 police officers, and urinating everywhere.

The worst damage was to Bernini's Fontana della Barcaccia, which had just been through an 11-month restoration. A 10-centimeter piece was broken from the rim, and there were other chips and scratches from thrown bottles.

The word "barbarians" is being used a lot in Rome newspapers today, and apologies are demanded, but there are also people calling for the heads of politicians who didn't manage to prevent this, especially since the rampage in Campo de'Fiori happened Wednesday night, and the destruction in Piazza di Spagna the following afternoon.

Lol, I guess it's revenge for all those 1000's of stoned Italians who urinate on the Dam Square every summer clap2.gif

Google

Lol, I guess it's revenge for all those 1000's of stoned Italians who urinate on the Dam Square every summer clap2.gif

"1000's"? The Dam Square must be a popular place, albeit a bit smelly!

Methamphetamine is a hell of a drug. I am pleased when I read, in almost every report, that Thai citizens involve themselves, sometimes at great risk, to capture the violent ones at the scene of the crime. I hope he has a long, long, life in a hell-hole Thai prison and is abused by his fellow inmates. Death is too easy for such a heinous crime.