Nice Khao San Road Hotel/Guest House

Neeranam

I lived in KSR in 1992 for over 6 months. I was paying 60 baht a night for a single room down the side of the temple.

i want to go there with my wife and 2 kids this week for nostalgia's sake.

I'll bet it has changed a lot. Back then there were no Thai clubs/pubs etc.

Can anyone recommend a decent place not too cheap or overly expensive as we'll be travelling around mostly.

There's a small Soi opposite Adhere 13th pub that has two or three hotels....much nicer down there than in Khao San these days.

Sorty I can't remember the name but cross the road and its almost directly ahead of you.

Maybe someone will be able to fill in the details hehe...

• Like 1

Thanks Sokey but I don't even know where that pub is.

You are looking for Samsen Soi 2.

http://www.chiang-mai.org/cheap-hotel-in-bangkok.html

Good luck!

Edit: I should have said....this area is only a few minutes walk to Khao San but much quieter....and has plenty of bars and eating places....kinda like Khao San used to be.

Edited by smokie36

The "Sawasdee" hotels are some of the worst I have ever seen, anywhere. KSR sucks. Pattaya is much nicer, and I only go there about once a decade. Neither is a decent place for kids.

Nothing like not even trying to answer the question eh? ;)

Samsen has some ok places but it's a bit of a walk if the missus doesn't want to walk back and forth

I like Phra Arthit road, can enter into Rambuttri road (around the corner from KSR)

Back in 1992 I know what it was like, no one left that street or knew much about Rambuttri :D It's much nicer all along that street now

Depends how much you want to spend. I like New Siam guesthouse, don't let the name put you off, not much guesthouse about them, more like small hotel

I like New Siam 2 end of Rambuttri near Phra Arthit or Siam Riverside over the road

I think KSR itself has D&D Inn, which is a bit fancier these days and a new hotel on the police station end/corner of the street too or Buddy Lodge is all fancy these days too

My advice, stay away from the street and stay Rambuttri, Phra Arthit or Samsen