Where have all the interesting threads and post gone

n210mp

Most don't bother now, you either get slagged off about your grammar or lack of knowledge, and things get personal a few times , and how do you post interesting posts if your Censored.

I think you mean 'you're censored'.

Moved to the Pub

27) Additional forum rule for the "General forum": It is a forum for general interest & discussion topics related to Thailand only and not covered by other sub forums. The General Forum is not a place for chit chat, banter and daily life observations. Those sort of topics should be placed in the Farang Pub sub forum.

Why don't you try and open an interesting one yourself, instead of asking?

Likewise, Costas.

n210mp is a better and more interesting man than you know, my friend. I always peruse his threads and posts with much interest, then I give him a hard time just for being n210mp.

He invariably ignores my digs, much to my disdain.

Today, I've decided to be nice. Haha.

Thanks ( think) Wooloooomooooooloooooooo 555!

Not sure whether I have been patted on the head or kicked up the butt?

• Like 1

Try this for a change.

Summertime ,England1960's

Happy Days.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Disclaimer .

There is no reference or inference to the ;''MODS'' in this post.cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by siampolee

I just feel for anyone who comes here in search of genuine advice on life in Thailand. The perennial cost of living threads, for example, follow an entirely predictable descent into name-calling and points scoring : I'm not aware of a single such thread where people simply give their experience/recommendations and leave the thread. Happy to hear otherwise, but we seem to be repeating ourselves and its particularly odd when even the most innocuous threads have to be pruned by a mod because of 'personal attacks' or similar madness. TV is a troll's wet dream - so easy to start a thread that you know will get people foaming at the mouth, and we take the bait far too often.

Yep. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/807558-1000-baht-a-day/

I would be delighted to see more people contributing on TVF and not only the old ones......like me.

Your hint of unusual chagrin has surprised me Costas especially when through your "liked post lists from me" you should know better of me and the many threads I have started on TVF!

I have started plenty of threads for your information, just check. Or maybe you should have checked before you hastily posted your reply

I expected that there would be some person who would suggest I make more threads, like I said, entirely unexpected from you

sad.png

My sincere apologies to you n210mp.

I do enjoy reading your posts but I never remember names of users.

You have to excuse an old fart like me with dementia on it's way.

Keep up the good work and ignore what I said.

• Like 2

but the General Forum attracts losers.

It's the equivalent of one of those down-beat bars in the run down part of town where drunken has-beens congregate to blame the rest of the world for their failings.

and here you are posting in the General, so what does that make you then ? rolleyes.gif

the hypocrisy on TV knows no bounds whistling.gif

Exactly the kind of childish, pedantic, argument for argument's sake that's a big part of the problem.

And when we don't like the argument we can say people are going off topic or deflecting.

• Like 1

The thread got changed a bit from the OP to something to do with tyres and air pressure, however

Bigger type now for Costas and his and my peers (Old farts anonymous) OFA

Its where all my treads seem to finish up (the pub) that is and finish up being aired with the pressure going up in the bar hours and down in the cold hours of the early morning presumably when you all have gone home or like me are in bed

Just like the air pressure in the tyres on my Cycle

Costas owd lad no problem at all

I would be delighted to see more people contributing on TVF and not only the old ones......like me.

Your hint of unusual chagrin has surprised me Costas especially when through your "liked post lists from me" you should know better of me and the many threads I have started on TVF!

I have started plenty of threads for your information, just check. Or maybe you should have checked before you hastily posted your reply

I expected that there would be some person who would suggest I make more threads, like I said, entirely unexpected from you

sad.png

Accepted Costas but I never really took offence.

I only replied to make the OP more interesting . ( think I know a little of your character from your post and know that you were not really being churlish)

Having said that It seems that it is possible to "see" the character of many of the posters on the forums here. ( Just occasionally)

I am occasionally well out though and realize that there are many like me who post a little "tongue in cheek" and occasionally give an impression that is not true and far from the truth of their own true character

A poster on here recently said that because of my recent accident and not able to get around too much I was bored and therefore a stirrer

I partially admit to this description or as I prefer, accolade, excepting to say that I am never malicious or nasty and my stirring is maybe to widen a debate or give another point of view that is maybe being overlooked as is often the case where its obvious that some troubled soul has made a post on the spur of the moment without thinking about what He or she was in fact writing about and maybe giving the wrong impression of their own character in the process.

How many times in your life have you disliked someone on first sight and later had all your opinions turned upside down and become good friends with the person.

Likewise, Costas.

n210mp is a better and more interesting man than you know, my friend. I always peruse his threads and posts with much interest, then I give him a hard time just for being n210mp.

He invariably ignores my digs, much to my disdain.

Today, I've decided to be nice. Haha.

Thanks ( think) Wooloooomooooooloooooooo 555!

Not sure whether I have been patted on the head or kicked up the butt?

watch that boil???
  • Like 2

sad.png

Accepted Costas but I never really took offence.

I only replied to make the OP more interesting . ( think I know a little of your character from your post and know that you were not really being churlish)

Having said that It seems that it is possible to "see" the character of many of the posters on the forums here. ( Just occasionally)

I am occasionally well out though and realize that there are many like me who post a little "tongue in cheek" and occasionally give an impression that is not true and far from the truth of their own true character

A poster on here recently said that because of my recent accident and not able to get around too much I was bored and therefore a stirrer

I partially admit to this description or as I prefer, accolade, excepting to say that I am never malicious or nasty and my stirring is maybe to widen a debate or give another point of view that is maybe being overlooked as is often the case where its obvious that some troubled soul has made a post on the spur of the moment without thinking about what He or she was in fact writing about and maybe giving the wrong impression of their own character in the process.

How many times in your life have you disliked someone on first sight and later had all your opinions turned upside down and become good friends with the person.

Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females.

• Like 1

From Soutpeel post #106

"Billy goats urinate on their own heads to smell more attractive to females."

Hah hah ha

Im trying to work out just how a "billy" could do that, If he bent his head down then the trajectory of the pee would surely hit the ground.

Could it be that he lays on his back and with a huff and a puff he pees towards his head?

Hang on I think that I have figured it out, He turns towards his rear end, lifts his leg and pushes his head under the stream

Got it!

Edited by n210mp
  • Like 1

NEVER be without your knife......Reminds me of the Swiss knife, did everything, yep, opened bottles ....]

There's a knife on the Victorinox bottle opener? Now you tell me... And all these years I've been using splinters of wood to pick my teeth....

OP if you ever got serious around here, you could actually join the For Patsy Club and enjoy all things feline.

Going for about five years. And beating the dogs - 4-1

But there is a secret way to reach the clubs- only you shall find out. And only i shall know. Along with loads of others.

And my feline friends and the dog ones too. And the guinea pigs and hamsters and wabbits and "other four legged friends" that we don't mention.

Edited by Patsycat