Beer Bottle Opening Skills............................................

So Mr. Helmsman (i used to drink in a pub in Northern Ireland (Bangor) named The Helmsman thumbsup.gif ), what do you use as a church key?

I hate to seem slow but not sure what a church key might be.

He means bottle opener.

Me: Multitool. Probably the most used tool.

I used to use my teeth thinking I was some kind of tough guy when pissed up, now the teeth on the left side of my jaw are chipped to bits and knackered.

I've realised that I'm not so tough as I'm too scared to go to the dentist and get them sorted.

Church key (or churchkey) means bottle opener.

It's used a lot in the forces and usually refers to an improvised bottle opener (e.g., a bic lighter, a belt buckle, a bayonet, etc).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchkey

The Bic Lighter is a classic, pocket knife...just the shaft, another beer bottle, any plastic bottle with cap, keys, pretty much anything, spoons, forks.....

You can actually train your harris to do it,but of course this takes years,often visit to medical doctors,and sometimes a scarred harris,it is possible,though i don't suggest it in a bar,i only know this cos a kiwi friend of mine[well friend it's a bit strong,person i know],told me,in the pub,like,an that.

• Like 1

First time i came to Thailand many years ago i saw a not so youngish lady open a beer bottle using just the muscles in her nether parts in one of those upstairs places where an exit fee is required. Amazed me , but just between us i was told that there is a metal bottle opener inserted before she hobbles on stage..Anyway, That is why it is sometimes useful to have a bottle opener lying around even if she does spend her time watching stupid Thai soapies.

laugh.png

How many bloody dots did you put at the end of your post? I counted 20 and got sore eyes, hence I'll guess............................................................ 38?

Ya, I used to use my teeth, and now look at them..

Signed,

former idiot