Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just came across the issue today in my 2015 Ranger Wildtrack. Had to cross-park at the driving licence test centre, put the car in N and then couldn't remove the key. Not sure from the above comments if it's safe to use the shift lock for this, but either way it certainly wouldn't be convenient without fitting that switch as the cover is pretty fiddly to open.

I'd assume the new everest to be the same as the Ranger in this 'feature'.

Just came across the issue today in my 2015 Ranger Wildtrack. Had to cross-park at the driving licence test centre, put the car in N and then couldn't remove the key. Not sure from the above comments if it's safe to use the shift lock for this, but either way it certainly wouldn't be convenient without fitting that switch as the cover is pretty fiddly to open.

I'd assume the new everest to be the same as the Ranger in this 'feature'.

Yes it's perfectly safe to use that button. Let me know how you go on ....☺

I am in Australia at the moment and the Everest production does not seem to be coming here. Hardly see any on the roads. Lots of Toyota Prados and lots of Jeep Grand Cherokees on the other hand is every where. The Prado is dull but the Grand Cherokee is a good looking truck and the 6.4L V8 version sounds goooood. Pity these are not sold in LOS. sad.png

AU deliveries so far are around the 900 mark in total. About the same as here sad.png

The Jeep SRT8 is a (comparative) bargain over there.

Jeep

http://www.destroymyjeep.com/

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Edited by BeefSlapper

go japanese......get Suzuki!!!!

or, if boring but really good.....go Toyota.

lexus good as well

or, if you have endless cash, get Audi

those are my top 3 brands. i've owned 3 audis.....and i'm an idiot.....money pit.

All great choices if you live next door to one of their 3 dealers in TH :D

Nine Off-Road Driving Tips from the Engineers behind the New Ford Everest

Bangkok, Thailand, 15 December 2015 – Driving off-road requires knowledge, skill and confidence, which can make it intimidating for people who haven’t done it before. Even behind the wheel of a vehicle with 4x4 capabilities, it can be difficult to take that first step and leave the comfort of a well-tarmacked road.

If you’re wondering where to start, two of the lead off-road engineers for the new Ford Everest are here to help. Richard Woolley, vehicle integration attributes supervisor, Ford Asia Pacific, and Nick Allen, attribute lead engineer for off-road capability and trailer tow, want to help you get out of the city and into the enjoyable and rugged world of 4x4 driving.

Here are their top tips for tackling challenging terrains and staying safe when driving off-road:

1. Be prepared

Any off-road driving presents a range of challenges. However, you can help to reduce the risks by thoroughly planning your journey and bringing a few essentials. At the very least, you will want a full fuel tank, a tow rope, a shovel, a spare tire and tire-changing kit, a portable air compressor, a map and compass (or a GPS unit), and a mobile or satellite phone.

When possible, you should also try to travel in a convoy. This will mean that there are other vehicles available to assist with recovery if it is required.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/84-ford/438-ford-off-road

Um ... well we won't be able to get 4 sets of golf clubs and two or more suite cases in there. Still upshot is I won't have to listen to Mrs JAS and two others yacking away in a foreign language whenever ... yippee

post-17329-0-54697500-1450344174_thumb.j

post-17329-0-82899500-1450344196_thumb.j

Nine Off-Road Driving Tips from the Engineers behind the New Ford Everest

Bangkok, Thailand, 15 December 2015 – Driving off-road requires knowledge, skill and confidence, which can make it intimidating for people who haven’t done it before. Even behind the wheel of a vehicle with 4x4 capabilities, it can be difficult to take that first step and leave the comfort of a well-tarmacked road.

If you’re wondering where to start, two of the lead off-road engineers for the new Ford Everest are here to help. Richard Woolley, vehicle integration attributes supervisor, Ford Asia Pacific, and Nick Allen, attribute lead engineer for off-road capability and trailer tow, want to help you get out of the city and into the enjoyable and rugged world of 4x4 driving.

Here are their top tips for tackling challenging terrains and staying safe when driving off-road:

1. Be prepared

Any off-road driving presents a range of challenges. However, you can help to reduce the risks by thoroughly planning your journey and bringing a few essentials. At the very least, you will want a full fuel tank, a tow rope, a shovel, a spare tire and tire-changing kit, a portable air compressor, a map and compass (or a GPS unit), and a mobile or satellite phone.

When possible, you should also try to travel in a convoy. This will mean that there are other vehicles available to assist with recovery if it is required.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/84-ford/438-ford-off-road

Just the basic needs to reach Big C then.facepalm.gif

Um ... well we won't be able to get 4 sets of golf clubs and two or more suite cases in there. Still upshot is I won't have to listen to Mrs JAS and two others yacking away in a foreign language whenever ... yippee

Use the 2nd row headrests as a cargo barrier, and you'll get them all in ;)

Oh wait, you don't really want to :P

What are you folks getting in the way of millage in the 3.2? Also where's the coffee holders? I know not necessary but damn I think I'm going to miss them! ;)

I just drove up to Kanchanaburi from BK. Most of the way showing 8+ ltrs/100kms driving about 100kph...ended up 8.8 as speeded up a bit towards the end

Still only only done about 650kms.

Pretty impressed with handling, brakes and ride.

You're right ... short of cup holders ....

Edited by JAS21

I just drove up to Kanchanaburi from BK. Most of the way showing 8+ ltrs/100kms driving about 100kph...ended up 8.8 as speeded up a bit towards the end

Hwo you drive?

If no tuch brakes 100-120 km/hr in in my toyuta Fortuner 4WD its 14 km per liter(7.15 l/100km)

if big and slow trafic for near 100 km per hour can get 9 km per liter(11.1 l / 100km)

its big diference, in my opinion - HOW drive

rolleyes.gif

Hwo you drive?

If no tuch brakes 100-120 km/hr in in my toyuta Fortuner 4WD its 14 km per liter(7.15 l/100km)

if big and slow trafic for near 100 km per hour can get 9 km per liter(11.1 l / 100km)

its big diference, in my opinion - HOW drive

rolleyes.gif

I'll gladly give up not having to drive one of those 'Toyuta' things in return a little less kms/ltr. ☺

I didn't think about 12 kms/ltr was that bad for a lot of the journey. After half way I must have caught every red traffic light.

Hopefully all the bits are still somewhat tight and things will get better. It's so nice to drive ....unlike some other choices

Edited by JAS21

I'll gladly give up not having to drive one of those 'Toyuta' things in return a little less kms/ltr. ☺

I didn't think about 12 kms/ltr was that bad for a lot of the journey. After half way I must have caught every red traffic light.

Hopefully all the bits are still somewhat tight and things will get better. It's so nice to drive ....unlike some other choices

We may be misunderstanding each other.
I say that a different driving style may be different fuel consumption. 30-40% of the difference.
There is also a different situation on the road, different roads.
Over the past 3 months I went 4 times from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.All time fuel consumption was different .. So I went to a different time and a different style of driving.

We may be misunderstanding each other.

I say that a different driving style may be different fuel consumption. 30-40% of the difference.

There is also a different situation on the road, different roads.

Over the past 3 months I went 4 times from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.All time fuel consumption was different .. So I went to a different time and a different style of driving.

Driving a number of short distances around where we live ...indicated 15.5ltrs/ 100kms ...frightening...

There are 2 cup holders in the centre console, and a separate place for your phone(s) in front, right next to the USB ports.

. Hmm it does make you wonder imho
I miss the cup holder, in the V-Cross, that was just in front of one of the facia aircon vents ...7/11 coffee is hot. I keep my phone in the slot which is inside the 'glove compartment/storage box between the front seats

There are 2 cup holders in the centre console, and a separate place for your phone(s) in front, right next to the USB ports.

. Hmm it does make you wonder imho

What makes you wonder ?

I'm guessing he meant the proximity of the liquid in a cup to the USB ports.

Yeah they are approx 350mm from the USB ports with the gear stick separating them. . The separate area to put your phone and stuff are right next/under to the USB ports though.