Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Driving a number of short distances around where we live ...indicated 15.5ltrs/ 100kms ...frightening...

We misunderstanding each other.

Its need know HOW you drive. becouse, for example if i am same style drive short and long distantion. In shortdistantion its be fuel consumption over, a short distance near living place. Because often you use the brakes. Of course if liveplace near speedway tand you go only store on the speedway its can be less fuel.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What if they state ... 2 persons ... 2 golf bags ..2 suite cases ... where does that fit in ...anyway it's pretty heavy empty.

On that run ...which we do many a year ...driving like today thr V-Cross would have got an indicated 16kpl and that would be at least a genuine 15kpl

Edited by JAS21

No one makes sense unless they state Solo or Fully Loaded.

Of course this also depends. But riding style is very effect on fuel consumption. If I'm in a hurry and aggressively the difference reaches 40%. My brother even less than 8 kilometers per liter. He and the tachometer less 2500-3000, only when he is standing at the traffic lights.

Just wonder why anyone would care about fuel economy ? what is the difference between 14 and 15 kmpl - saving per Month ? 200 baht ?.. If you can't afford fuel. take a baht bus. whistling.gif

This forum is for sharing information and interest ...

But you make a valid point ...

No-one that drives my 3.2L EVT+ gives a crap about fuel costs - they just drive how they feel like. Our average is always 10.x KM/L, with ~9,000KM on the odometer now.

Edited by IMHO

Just wonder why anyone would care about fuel economy ? what is the difference between 14 and 15 kmpl - saving per Month ? 200 baht ?.. If you can't afford fuel. take a baht bus. whistling.gif

i am use car 60000-100000 km per yaer. its near 300-500 liter diferents per yaer. its mean 7500- 12500.

change car any 3- 6 yaer.

Its 22500- 75000 up price car use.

You guess people who care about 50000 when chose car its make mistake and must take a bus?

Or who prefer some car if same spec but diferrent price cheapest 10-70k car its to need go by bus?biggrin.png

PS

i am not care realy about fuel economy, but i note in my mind how much is it.

becouse it realy diferent can be, in my style driving , can 9 kmpl, can 14 kmp

at same car ,at same distantion.

I i know few family , they care about 10k per year. and spec car about fuel economy can be iimportantwhistling.gif

I equate fuel KPL with engineering. The better the fuel economy, the better the engineering. It's also nice to go 1,000 kilometers between fill ups, never mind the cost savings.

Added - Some 4X4's use a lot more fuel than others. I happen to like 4X4's with a 1,000 kilometer range especially with a powerful engine.

Edited by Gary A

I equate fuel KPL with engineering. The better the fuel economy, the better the engineering. It's also nice to go 1,000 kilometers between fill ups, never mind the cost savings.

Added - Some 4X4's use a lot more fuel than others. I happen to like 4X4's with a 1,000 kilometer range especially with a powerful engine.

We talking about german car?

We talking about german car?

Not sure what he's talking about, but it's not a mainstream Thai made SUV - they fail to qualify on both "powerful" and "range" - and in real world driving, they all achieve roughly similar KM/L usage anyway.

How do you feel about the 2.2l for those that have one? Enough performance for you? There's a mid year launch of the T+ with a 2.2 engine coming.

I want my Everest to come fully loaded, but unsure what to do about the engine size. Don't particularly need 4WD or the TMS, but maybe the extra grunt is worth it?

Edited by ChesneyHawkes

How do you feel about the 2.2l for those that have one? Enough performance for you? There's a mid year launch of the T+ with a 2.2 engine coming.

I want my Everest to come fully loaded, but unsure what to do about the engine size. Don't particularly need 4WD or the TMS, but maybe the extra grunt is worth it?

That could be very popular ... I would have gone for that ...maybe ...the 3.2 T+ is some m/c though

That could be very popular ... I would have gone for that ...maybe ...the 3.2 T+ is some m/c though
JAS the 3.2 T+ is a Motorcycle?????

If you look at the Ranger lineup as a guide, the 3.2L costs 50K Baht more than the 2.2L. At PPV taxes that's going to be around 60K Baht difference - so a Titanium+ 2.2L is still only going to drop the price back to just under 1.7M Baht, the way I see it...

If given the simple choice of paying 3-4% more for an extra 40HP - with no other differences - I wouldn't have to think twice about opting for the 3.2 ;)

That's the first I've heard of plans for 2.2L Titanium+

I do know that we can expect an update with Ford's new Panther engine family in 2017-18, and I've heard rumors of Ford introducing a lower-end Trend model to get the range starting back closer to 1M Baht. Ford have already revealed the Titanium+ gets some more tech gizmos for 2016 and there will be a black interior option as well, but that's all so far.

If you look at the Ranger lineup as a guide, the 3.2L costs 50K Baht more than the 2.2L. At PPV taxes that's going to be around 60K Baht difference - so a Titanium+ 2.2L is still only going to drop the price back to just under 1.7M Baht, the way I see it...

If given the simple choice of paying 3-4% more for an extra 40HP - with no other differences - I wouldn't have to think twice about opting for the 3.2 ;)

Does that factor in things like 4WD, TMS and HDC? Or is the 60k difference only about engine size?

What is being said is that if you take the present 3.2Ltr EVT+ and leave the specification the same BUT replace the 3.2Ltr engine with the 2.2Ltr engine the price will reduce by about 60K thb.

Edited by JAS21

If given the simple choice of paying 3-4% more for an extra 40HP - with no other differences - I wouldn't have to think twice about opting for the 3.2 wink.png

Does that factor in things like 4WD, TMS and HDC? Or is the 60k difference only about engine size?

I can't see the business case in a 2.2L RWD T+ spec - arguably it's going to cost around 150K more than the current 2.2L Titanium, which makes it a 1.54M Baht car - only 50K less than the 3.2L 4WD Titanium.

Anything is possible though ;)

Ford are getting no where winning over Thais , still the same reply to my You no like Ford.. Service no good Toyota No1.That needs fixing before it becomes Folkiaw and mindset Quickly in the future

Indeed, that after sales service stigma remains - but it's being countered by product substance.

On Ford's side, It's easier and faster to fix brand sentiment issues when it's clear you have the best product - and you've got the money to invest in the dealer network because you're selling with very healthy profits..

Have you actually driven one yet Ace?

Ford are getting no where winning over Thais , still the same reply to my You no like Ford.. Service no good Toyota No1.That needs fixing before it becomes Folkiaw and mindset Quickly in the future

They still seem to be selling enough to have customer here and elsewhere in the region waiting for delivery. Must be better than the likes of Chevy who couldn't give their stock away?

Car Advice (IMHO, one of the best motoring publications in the world - and definitely the best in Oz) have just published their "Year in review" piece, where their journalistic team reveal their favorite drives of the year:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/404773/2015-caradvice-year-in-review/

In a field comprised mainly of sports, super and luxury cars, the Everest gets a few mentions:

Mike Stevens - Top three cars of 2015:

Ford Everest – For a ute-based SUV that will, despite its capabilities, spend most of its life on regular roads, this is a very convincing stand-in for a large softroader that looks and feels leaps and bounds ahead of (most of) its ute-based rivals. In higher-spec models, there’s also the decent Sync2 infotainment system.

Paul Maric - Surprise of the Year:

Ford Everest – Based on a commercial vehicle? You could have fooled me. The Ford Everest — behind the VF Commodore — is the engineering gem of Australia’s engineering fraternity. It’s light-years ahead of its competition in terms of ride and handling, and manages to perform just as well off-road.

and finally, this one - you do have to feel for Aussie's paying almost 2.2M Baht for the top spec :)

Mike Costello - Dissapointment of the Year:

Hyundai Tucson/Kia Carnival ANCAP fails – So many options: the decidedly average Jaguar XE cabin, the Ford Everest Titanium’s pricing, the Haval H8’s steering…