Thunderstorms predicted for next week

CMfoodie

Agree would be nice....Chiang mai at the moment is like the inside of a Gloo Pot.....gloomy...

Just got back from a weeks joli in EU--Belgium/Holland where of course at this time of the year its so ..refreshing and .....Cool.....wife packed gloves /scarves but didnt need them.

Only slight down turn was on way back from Amsterdam..our plane blew an Engine on take off and we ended up with 3 days delay....Thanks MH 0019...

Right must get the Toyota serviced...down to hang dong....koff koff..

Wishful thinking that a rain depression over the Philippines will reach Chiang Mai. Today was horrendous and hopefully if any schools are still open they will close them.No child should be exposed to

today's air.I guess watering the roads didn't work

• Like 1

Watering the roads?

Can anyone explain why this is not simply just a waste of water.

Dust on the road/no wind so dust stays there

The problem for us is at 1m to 2m the level of our cakeholes.

I found a better solution is to soak your facemask in water before venturing out. Water will filter the smell if nothing else. Wearing a mask with yesterdays smoke is even worse than not wearing one.

Of course a cleansing rain would be great.

I also agree this is a particularly bad March for smoke but....

every cloud has its silver gray lining ....I actually think this smoke

has really kept the temps down a bit from usual....or could be I am just more acclimated this year than

the last few.

• Like 1

Penty of rain / thunderstorms in and around Chiang Mai city and environs yesterday and rained through the night in Saraphi. Morning is fresh, cool, with blue sky and no hint of smog....

I still can't see Doi Suthep which is my usual smog gauge. The other gauge is I'm breathing much more freely this morning.