Thai husband arrested for allegedly beating Japanese wife

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- A Thai man has been arrested for having allegedly beaten his Japanese wife after he got drunk or high on amphetamine, police said.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sriwara Rangsipramkul himself held a press conference at 1:30 pm Tuesday to announce the arrest of Rungroj Trabsi, 35, a resident of Sakon Nakhon’s Charoensilp district.

Rungroj was arrested in the middle of Soi Watchiratham Sathit 2 in Bang Na district at 9:40 pm Monday shortly after his Japanese wife, Miho Katsumi, filed a complaint with the Bang Na police station against him.

Katsumi’s case captured public attention because her photo showing her bruised face has been widely shared among Thai Facebook users.

Katsumi alleged that Rungroj had been beating her throughout the past three years although they have a son.

She alleged that her husband often got drunk and often used methamphetamine after which he always beat her.

She also alleged that Rungroj forced her to lend him money often. She said he borrowed her Bt70,000 early this month and left a cash of only Bt6,000 for her. She said she had to give Rungroj the money for fear of being beaten up again.

After he was arrested, Rungroj claimed that the picture used by Katsumi to file the complaint was taken two years ago.

He said two years ago he drank and used methamphetamine and could not control himself so he hurt his wife. He said he always took her to see doctors after beating her.

But he claimed that he has recently stopped drinking and using drug and has not hurt her again. He said he borrowed her money because he was unemployed and his wife did not allow him to work.

Think you'll find domestic violence committed by Thai males is far far higher than nearly all western countries.

Hence the reason most will be hardly surprised or complimentary.

whats this whole topic including the OP if not Thai bashing ?

and one supposes you have some form of data which supports this other than pulling it out your bottom ?

seems to me the ones on her who do the most Thai bashing on here are farangs who are dysfunctional to start with and it makes them feel superior to the natives and better about about their own shitty little lives in Nakon Nowhere shacked up with an ex-hooker wink.png

• Like 1

In the eyes of a thai man....whats wrong with that?

Why do you insist on lumping all Thai men into the same category ? Are you suggesting no foreign man has ever beaten a woman? Of course if one foreign man has can I make such an inane comment as yours above.

I know many Thai men that wouldn't dare raise a hand to a woman.

I am well aware that domestic violence is a huge problem in LOS as it is in many western nations, however your post above needs balancing.

More Thai bashing, simple as that really.

Forums full of it

Think you'll find domestic violence committed by Thai males is far far higher than nearly all western countries.

Mate, the op is a news article.

The statement suggesting something applies to all Thai men is a bashing statement. See the difference?

I will give you an example.

"All farang married to Thai women, in Thailand are in relationships with Thai prostitutes or ex Thai prostitutes."

Do you see the problem with statement directly above? I do. ;)

I know the difference, you expected sympathy for the guy I suppose, sorry but I dont.

not at all, but go back and look at what you wrote..

0 Nada Nothing zero feelings for this Guy

He tries to justify his actions by saying he took her to a doctor after. The police should dish out what he did to his wife

This guy is the low of lows and scum of the earth Poor Lady Now I hope here life will get better

• Like 2

Well the other way to handle this is with a large iron skillet, if he survives it he may change, doubt it, and yes bashing women is a worldwide problem. This is especially in cultures where livestock are treated better than women, and they want to rule the World !!

k

>>He said he always took her to see doctors after beating her.<<

>>said he borrowed her money because he was unemployed and his wife did not allow him to work.<<

^^Quotes from the OP^^

Well, what can you say?? A true Thai gentleman!!clap2.gif

well a example of thainess at it's best. ......:-)

Why would a Japanese want to marry a Thai? What does she see in him? Sad...when one married the wrong man/woman, it's like hell day every day:(

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/32837

after reading the article i suspect the bulk of the japanese women are less attractive and like the attention they get from thai males. its likely similar to the scene in bali where lots of japanese gals hook up with java beach boys. its like the reverse of thailands male westerner with thai female for cash incentives. japanese girls make donations to the bali guys.

I know the difference, you expected sympathy for the guy I suppose, sorry but I dont.

not at all, but go back and look at what you wrote..

Statistics for violence against women

post-80674-0-66652800-1426657894_thumb.j

Suprising to see that instances are higher in provincial NZ than provincial Thailand. Thailand is higher than India, where wife beating is frequently tolerated/ignored/unreported. However the same is considered to be true of Thailand.

I'm not sure who you are talking to here EO, mainly because the threads been modified, I'm hoping not me because I have no sympathy for men that beat women......but I do object to all Thai men being called woman beaters. ;)

• Like 2

>>He said he always took her to see doctors after beating her.<<
>>said he borrowed her money because he was unemployed and his wife did not allow him to work.<<
^^Quotes from the OP^^
Well, what can you say?? A true Thai gentleman!!clap2.gif

With all due respect, is this attitude part of Thai culture? Do Thai women expect that their husbands will beat them? Is it really O.K. to beat a wife as long as she is taken to the doctor?

This whole issue of the rights of women is something the PM should sink his teeth into if he wants to claw Thailand out of Third World status. Bottom line, civilized countries do not allow men to beat any of their family members and send them to prison if they do.

"Metropolitan Police Commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sriwara Rangsipramkul himself held a press conference at 1:30 pm Tuesday to announce the arrest"

"Katsumi’s case captured public attention because her photo showing her bruised face has been widely shared among Thai Facebook users."

Once again the power of social media gets a reaction from the RTP.

Why would a Japanese want to marry a Thai? What does she see in him? Sad...when one married the wrong man/woman, it's like hell day every day:(

Sorry but I know a lot of Thai guys who marry foreign womans so you should not say every Thai is bad.

0 Nada Nothing zero feelings for this Guy

He tries to justify his actions by saying he took her to a doctor after. The police should dish out what he did to his wife

This guy is the low of lows and scum of the earth Poor Lady Now I hope here life will get better

The irony here is that you see two blind fools leading each other and decide to champion one blind fool and neglect the other. They are both guilty. There is no either/or: ...the beatings being consequential to her stupidity or character defects and the one issuing the beating consequential to his stupidity or character defects.

Water attracts its own level, mate.

One could just as easily say that she fell short in her obligations, duties and responsibilities for allowing him to reach this point... but I digress. We are not describing a healthy relationship, where one person has all of the mental faculties intact, and the other is the catch all for every bad thing that happens. A narcissist would have you believe otherwise, but I disagree..

They are both <deleted>. Ignoring the silent, unassuming sickness and focusing only on the loud, demonstrative sickness is a disservice to the diagnosis of what dysfunctional relationships are all about.

You can't have a fire if there is no one there to throw the wood on.

If one digs deep enough, and gets this woman to talk, one can probably find that she is just as much of a contributor in this sick relationship as the other... merely differing ways of contributing, I might add.

Respect

and one supposes you have some form of data which supports this other than pulling it out your bottom ?

seems to me the ones on her who do the most Thai bashing on here are farangs who are dysfunctional to start with and it makes them feel superior to the natives and better about about their own shitty little lives in Nakon Nowhere shacked up with an ex-hooker wink.png

WOW!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mate, the op is a news article.

The statement suggesting something applies to all Thai men is a bashing statement. See the difference?

I will give you an example.

"All farang married to Thai women, in Thailand are in relationships with Thai prostitutes or ex Thai prostitutes."

Do you see the problem with statement directly above? I do. wink.png

Yes, and here's another angle.

Easy to make statements about Thai men and this specific case about bashing his wife. On the other hand, how many farang men give their Thai wife's a life of hell: regular bashing, mental torture, expectations that they can 'play the field, but wifey expects to be at home being a good girl, lack of proper caring, love and support for the children, and more. The answer is many. Thailand in fact, unfortunately, seems to be one of the countries which attracts farang men with these behaviors and attitudes.

Edited by scorecard

All to common!!

But why do women stay in abusive relationships??

Especially in a case like in the OP, where she doesn't need him to support her.

Beyond me..........coffee1.gif

Research and some questions may be answered.