Cheapest ATM transaction fee

Apparently, Fidelity charges 1%.

There's always some confusion about Fidelity and their info on this subject.

As best as I recall and from direct reports by members here who are Fidelity customers, Fidelity supposedly does NOT charge any foreign currency fee on ATM withdrawals, but does charge 1% on foreign POS purchases.

Last time I checked, their website gave the impression that they charge the 1% against all foreign transactions. But various members here who have Fidelity accounts insist they don't for ATM withdrawals.

I'd rather stay in the 0% club... But for those willing to cough up 1% extra to their bank, USAA is another quality choice in that category, still far better than the 3%+ foreign transaction fees charged by most of the mega US banks (BofA, Citi, Chase, etc. -- who also don't usually reimburse any foreign (Thai) bank ATM withdrawal fees.)

As best as I recall and from direct reports by members here who are Fidelity customers, Fidelity supposedly does NOT charge any foreign currency fee on ATM withdrawals, but does charge 1% on foreign POS purchases.

Last time I checked, their website gave the impression that they charge the 1% against all foreign transactions. But various members here who have Fidelity accounts insist they don't for ATM withdrawals.

See post # 12 where I show exactly what Fidelity online statement shows for an ATM withdrawal

I have never used it for a POS purchase, I use my no fee anywhere Credit card from Capital one for those

Ditto for me...I'll stay in the 0% club as 1% adds up to a very significant amount over time. And since I use credit cards as much as I can in Thailand for my day-to-day living expenses having cards (credit or debit) that don't charge any foreign transaction can add-up fast....and when your credit cards also pay cash-back of 1.5% like mine do that really adds up fast also when using the card a lot like I do. Yeap, those small percentages (a.k.a., pennies on the dollar) can add-up fast.

See post # 12 where I show exactly what Fidelity online statement shows for an ATM withdrawal

I have never used it for a POS purchase, I use my no fee anywhere Credit card from Capital one for those

You are talking about the "Fidelity Cash Managment Account", correct?

Are there any US atm cards without international transaction fees?

Quite a few... Schwab Bank/Brokerage, State Farm Bank, Fidelity brokerage, and Service Credit Union with their Service Plus Checking account and a required monthly payroll direct deposit.

BTW, there really are two different issues there:

1. accounts that don't charge any foreign currency transaction fee, meaning no 1-3% add on for ATM withdrawals or POS purchases outside the U.S.

2. accounts that also reimburse the 180 baht ATM withdrawal fee that all or virtually all Thai banks are charging these days.

All the accounts I listed above have both features, no foreign currency fee and foreign ATM fee reimbursements.

There are a wider range of accounts that don't charge any foreign transaction fees only, but then DO NOT reimburse foreign ATM fees. I prefer those accounts that have both benefits.

have used schwab checking for years. all fees are reimbursed at the end of yhe month. completely free account with no catch or minimums. no problems, ever.