Greatest living Englishman.

Funny thread this. Half of the votes go for dead folk, Aussies, and Ladyboys.oops sorry I mean women. Sooo I will put in my penn'orth. My Greatest dead Englishman in recent years was J.Lennon and I have never met anyone who didn't like him. 'till TV that is .

Everyone likes me.......whistling.gif ...........But this thread IS about living folk.......And yep, I am still alive.....Just......laugh.png

Funny thread this. Half of the votes go for dead folk, Aussies, and Ladyboys.oops sorry I mean women. Sooo I will put in my penn'orth. My Greatest dead Englishman in recent years was J.Lennon and I have never met anyone who didn't like him. 'till TV that is .

His son or is it grandson is a great footballer,Aaron Lennon,from Spurs,now on loan at Everton,no idea if he can sing.

His son or is it grandson is a great footballer,Aaron Lennon,from Spurs,now on loan at Everton,no idea if he can sing.

Aaron Lennon's father is Jamaican English. So John Lennon was his grand dad was he? Well, something new every day. Was Yoko Japanese Jamaican or was it John who was Scouse Jamaican and just a tad pale?

• Like 1

Aaron Lennon's father is Jamaican English. So John Lennon was his grand dad was he? Well, something new every day. Was Yoko Japanese Jamaican or was it John who was Scouse Jamaican and just a tad pale?

Bob Marley's dad was from Sussex

Edited by Neeranam

Without thinking twice, I would say Margaret Thatcher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher

Sorry, she's dead, but still she is the greatest for me.

A disgusting cretin of a woman who lied through her teeth and worked hard at robbing the country.

Just consider Hillsborough where she would now be sitting in a prison cell for her deceit along with her cronies of the day.

Scum and proud of it?

Just pure evil.

You think Blair the rock cake and Goldfinger Brown any better?

They fooled more people for properly a bit longer. Gordons sell off of the UK Gold when prices were low, and they're handing over financial management and oversight to those nice bankers were master strokes. Anyone want a Lordship - Tony's got plenty to sell.

I never mentioned Blair once.

Let's get back to talking about Hillsborough and Thatcher.

A disgusting cretin of a woman who lied through her teeth and worked hard at robbing the country.

Just consider Hillsborough where she would now be sitting in a prison cell for her deceit along with her cronies of the day.

Scum and proud of it?

Just pure evil.

They fooled more people for properly a bit longer. Gordons sell off of the UK Gold when prices were low, and they're handing over financial management and oversight to those nice bankers were master strokes. Anyone want a Lordship - Tony's got plenty to sell.

What's wrong Smokie, does the mention of two of Scotland's finest embarrass you ?

I almost believed him until he said "great footballer"

Scum and proud of it?

Just pure evil.

Horrible arl hag

post-217246-0-19575300-1427198106_thumb.

• Like 1

I attended a business dinner a few years ago. At my table sat Nicolas Soames, Tory MP for mid-Sussex, former Government Minister and grandson of Sir Winston Churchill.

At that dinner he related a story about his grandfather when he, Nicholas, was a small boy.

Apparently Sir Winston did a lot of his work propped up in bed. On one occasion the young Nicholas went into his grandfather's bedroom and asked "Grandpa, Grandpa, is it true what other people say, that you are the greatest living Englishman?" Sir Winston peered at the boy over the top of his reading glasses and replied, "Yes it is. Now bugger off".

It was a nice story. Nicholas Soames is a bit of an 'upper class' twit, but entertaining enough so long as not responsible for anything serious.

• Like 1

Scum and proud of it?

Just pure evil.

Horrible arl hag

Lets get back on topic!

• Like 2

Rolf Harris.

GTF

Never met a decent Englishman ...... So one just has to go for the best of the worst, I guess.

???

Lousy Cricketers too

With an attitude like yours, no wonder, any decent guy wouldnt want to meet you anyway...i agree on the cricket though.

Rolf Harris.

GTF

Never met a decent Englishman ...... So one just has to go for the best of the worst, I guess.

[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Lousy Cricketers too

With an attitude like yours, no wonder, any decent guy wouldnt want to meet you anyway...i agree on the cricket though.[/quote

I'm an English and keep reading on Thai visa that we are no good at cricket. What is this thing called cricket? I've just been chatting to a few mates back in the uk and they don't know what it is. Please what is it?

• Like 1

Rolf Harris.

Kylie Minogue!
Dame Edna Everage.

They're all Aussie - average hasbeans or ne'er wasers who drifted across to UK to make a few bob. Rolf finished up like most of his ancestors and their peers - in a British prison. wink.png

What is sad is that not so long ago people thought pedo perverts like Harris, Jimmy Saville and their mates to be "great" blokes. Just goes to show, you can never judge a book by it's cover.

Jimmy Saville was an Aussie....and Gary Glitter

There are no great ones. Their ancestors all left for Australia in 1788.

Greatest thing that ever happened!!!! Shipping off all the criminal to the other side of the World.

So why do you all want to emigrate to Oz? There are millions of you here. You have almost turned us into a third world country.

You did that yourselves, shaggin' your own sisters in the outback

I attended a business dinner a few years ago. At my table sat Nicolas Soames, Tory MP for mid-Sussex, former Government Minister and grandson of Sir Winston Churchill.

At that dinner he related a story about his grandfather when he, Nicholas, was a small boy.

Apparently Sir Winston did a lot of his work propped up in bed. On one occasion the young Nicholas went into his grandfather's bedroom and asked "Grandpa, Grandpa, is it true what other people say, that you are the greatest living Englishman?" Sir Winston peered at the boy over the top of his reading glasses and replied, "Yes it is. Now bugger off".

It was a nice story. Nicholas Soames is a bit of an 'upper class' twit, but entertaining enough so long as not responsible for anything serious.

The member for Mid Sussex told Simon Hoggart exactly the same story:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2001/jun/04/election2001.politicalcolumnists

Edited by Morakot