Too often in and out travelling causes problems in Suvarnabhumi

Most people who are working off-shore can not just leave late or return early when on a 14/14, 28/28 rotation to comply with the 30 day under consideration.

I know rotators which are getting into problems when the extension is not approved on time or when they can not be back on time to get the remaining months.

To answer the other question, Yes you can get a re-entry stamp on a tourist visa.

I do it all the time tongue.png

Maybe not all time but in a year quite a lot laugh.png

Edited by Soutpeel

You reached the alert level of 6 entries apparently.

With yout short trips out of the country and spending the entire 30 days allowed before leaving you appeared to be an in/out visa runner.

You should consider getting an extension of stay based upon retirement again if you plan on staying here.

Or go out for a 2 entry tourist visa in Laos.

Joe, this is the first time I've heard of a 6 entry alert. Can you clarify under what circumstances this is used?

Many thanks.

It comes up on the officers screen to alert him a person has done 6 visa exempt entries in a row (time frame is unknown).

The officer then should check your visa exempt entries to see long how you have stayed on each entry and the amount of time you have been out of the country between them.

Unless your entries fall under these guidelines you should not have a problem entering the country. ImmigratioNotice4-English_PDF.pdf

I just read here about the 6 visa exempt entries and I get a little worried. I work in Holland doing 2-3 monthly projects. After they finish I leave for Thailand until the next one starts.

I entered Thailand last year on 26 march on a visa exempt. 24th of April I crossed the border at Nongkhai into Laos to apply for a double entry tourist visa. I got that and returned the 25th of april.

I stayed in Thailand until the 16th of september returning to Holland for my next project, That lasted until dec 12th when I entered Thailand using a visa exempt entry.After 30 days I got another 30 days at Chiang Mai immigration granting me to stay in Thailand until february 9 2015. But because my new project started before I left for Holland 20th of january already.

Now this project is ending and I plan to fly back to Thailand the 30th of march. I want to enter on a visa exempt again. Will I have trouble doing this ?.

As I now not know exactly when my next project will start ( but before july1) I bought myself an "open-return ticket"(can change my return date within a certain period). If the project starts within 60 days after my entry I would do the same as before.....enter on a visa exempt and get 30 days more at immigration, If the starting date for my next project is after 60 days I then have two possibilities:

- within the first 30 days period go to Laos again and get me a single entry Tourist visa which will give me 3 month extra (giving me more time then I actually need)

0r

- get out after the 60 days....stay in Laos for about two weeks and fly back getting me another 30 days as another visa exempt entry.

What seems the best option to do ?,

I just read here about the 6 visa exempt entries and I get a little worried. I work in Holland doing 2-3 monthly projects. After they finish I leave for Thailand until the next one starts.

I entered Thailand last year on 26 march on a visa exempt. 24th of April I crossed the border at Nongkhai into Laos to apply for a double entry tourist visa. I got that and returned the 25th of april.

I stayed in Thailand until the 16th of september returning to Holland for my next project, That lasted until dec 12th when I entered Thailand using a visa exempt entry.After 30 days I got another 30 days at Chiang Mai immigration granting me to stay in Thailand until february 9 2015. But because my new project started before I left for Holland 20th of january already.

Now this project is ending and I plan to fly back to Thailand the 30th of march. I want to enter on a visa exempt again. Will I have trouble doing this ?.

As I now not know exactly when my next project will start ( but before july1) I bought myself an "open-return ticket"(can change my return date within a certain period). If the project starts within 60 days after my entry I would do the same as before.....enter on a visa exempt and get 30 days more at immigration, If the starting date for my next project is after 60 days I then have two possibilities:

- within the first 30 days period go to Laos again and get me a single entry Tourist visa which will give me 3 month extra (giving me more time then I actually need)

0r

- get out after the 60 days....stay in Laos for about two weeks and fly back getting me another 30 days as another visa exempt entry.

If plan or even just have the chance to stay long than 30 days, it's better and cheaper to get a tourist visa in your country.

0r

You will not have a problem getting a visa exempt entry since you have been out of the country for a considerable amount of time.

Only those that stay for the entire 30 days and leave for a short period of time that will questioned.

Yesterday I applied for a non-o-visa in Pattaya with 2 sets of the following documents: proof of address (in my case yellow housebook), 800.000 THB in an account for at least 3 months and a confirming letter from the bank , not older than one week. This went friendly and smooth. Of course masses of copies from the passport and the savings account. It is important that I have 2 weeks left before I must leave LOS. The application will be sent to Bankok and the Visa should be granted in about one week. Cost 2000 THB and valid 3 months. During these 3 months I will apply for a retirement-visa of one year.

So far so good. Just my "in and out" for Laos, Cambodia etc is not free any more. I am forced to buy a reentry-visa.

During these 3 months I will apply for a retirement-visa of one year.

So far so good. Just my "in and out" for Laos, Cambodia etc is not free any more. I am forced to buy a reentry-visa.

You could do that because you are older than 50, but not everyone is.

Apply for an extension during the last 30 days, not 3 months.

To travel you will purchase a re-entry permit, not a "re-entry visa".

I am due to come back to Thailand in 2 weeks time, because of getting hassel the last 2 times coming through Phuket i was thinking about Suvarnabhumi for a change, but after reading this not so sure... I am in Oil and gas, my work pays for my flight to Thailand return to Angola, i stay about 25 days and out of the country for around 31.. I have also tried writing to immigration to try and get some kind of conformation about the rules and i get no reply...i always have a return ticket, have enough cash, have my visas for angola , everything ready to show immigration on arrival, but i still get problems, taken away for a considerable time and interogated...I have 14 visa exempt stamps over the last 3½ years, never stayed more than 30 days, the last 10 months ive also been out of Thailand for periods of 7 weeks and 3 months, so can hardly be classed as living and working in Thailand...As for visas, im not keen on having 800 thousand baht in a thai account, i have a gf for 1 year, no plans for marriage just yet, certainly not just to get a visa... For me to fly back to the UK , or Denmark where i´d lived before coming to Thailand would cost me a fortune, just to geta visa.... In Angola there is no thai embassy, so not possible to get a visa before i leave here, is there any way of doing this online?? like i said, tried contacting immigration but getting no reply

In Angola there is no thai embassy, so not possible to get a visa before i leave here, is there any way of doing this online?? like i said, tried contacting immigration but getting no reply

There is no way to get a visa online. You would need to courier your passport to someone in your home country and from there make a postal application, if allowed. Definitely complicated and risky.

Many O&G workers are in your same situation ad continue, as of today, to make visa exempt entries.

I am due to come back to Thailand in 2 weeks time, because of getting hassel the last 2 times coming through Phuket i was thinking about Suvarnabhumi for a change, but after reading this not so sure... I am in Oil and gas, my work pays for my flight to Thailand return to Angola, i stay about 25 days and out of the country for around 31.. I have also tried writing to immigration to try and get some kind of conformation about the rules and i get no reply...i always have a return ticket, have enough cash, have my visas for angola , everything ready to show immigration on arrival, but i still get problems, taken away for a considerable time and interogated...I have 14 visa exempt stamps over the last 3½ years, never stayed more than 30 days, the last 10 months ive also been out of Thailand for periods of 7 weeks and 3 months, so can hardly be classed as living and working in Thailand...As for visas, im not keen on having 800 thousand baht in a thai account, i have a gf for 1 year, no plans for marriage just yet, certainly not just to get a visa... For me to fly back to the UK , or Denmark where i´d lived before coming to Thailand would cost me a fortune, just to geta visa.... In Angola there is no thai embassy, so not possible to get a visa before i leave here, is there any way of doing this online?? like i said, tried contacting immigration but getting no reply

you not have a stop over in Johannesburg on the way in or out from Angola ?...Thai embassy in Pretoria

In Angola there is no thai embassy, so not possible to get a visa before i leave here, is there any way of doing this online?? like i said, tried contacting immigration but getting no reply

There is no way to get a visa online. You would need to courier your passport to someone in your home country and from there make a postal application, if allowed. Definitely complicated and risky.

Many O&G workers are in your same situation ad continue, as of today, to make visa exempt entries.

im not really confident of sending my passport by post, not until i can get my 2nd passport sorted out...

Just noticed that this time back will be my 7th time travelling to Thailand in 1 year, so i expect some kind of hassells

im not really confident of sending my passport by post, not until i can get my 2nd passport sorted out...

Just noticed that this time back will be my 7th time travelling to Thailand in 1 year, so i expect some kind of hassells

You shouldn't be sending your passport anywhere if your not with it, certainly were you are, very poor and inappropriate advice, if you do it with a second PP that one thing, but not your only PP..thumbsup.gif

You can only take it easy and friendly often repeat that you come to Thailand to spend big money. At that point you can casually pull out Bt 20,000 in cash and that will satisfy one rarely enforced requirement. If asked and challenged about lack of visa show a picture of the platform in Angola and keep smiling. At the end, I would also take a pic together (if allowed) and remember names for a following time.

you not have a stop over in Johannesburg on the way in or out from Angola ?...Thai embassy in Pretoria

our company flies everyone through Dubai, cheaper , apparently

You should not have a problem at Suv.

The OP of this topic had a problem because he was staying for the entire 30 days and going out for just a few days before returning for another entry. To immigration he appeared to be an in/out visa runner according to their guidelines.

There is no rule that limits the number of entries you can do over any amount of time.

• Like 1