Soldiers Bust Illegal Carnival Game Booths at Pattaya Music Festival

Lite Beer

Soldiers Bust Illegal Carnival Game Booths at Pattaya Music Festival

By Khaosod Eng.

14270106411427010694l.jpg

CHONBURI — Security officers shut down two carnival game booths that were operating without permission at a music festival in Pattaya last night.

Soldiers and police officers arrived at the 2015 Pattaya Music Festival at around midnight after five tourists said they were scammed by one of the booths.

The operators of the booths reportedly fled the scene after seeing the security officers, leaving behind their equipment and prizes, which included toys and alcoholic beverages.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1427010641

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-03-22

• Like 1

crying.gif

I never got a chance to spend ridiculous amounts of money trying to win over-priced stuffed animals that I could simply buy (cheaper) in a dozen other places !

Actually I'm more upset as I spent the whole weekend at home playing with/uploading old pictures, without realizing that the Music Festival was this weekend !!!! I don't recall seeing or hearing a single thing about it until I saw this news story ! (Dang - I am turning into a crotchety old hermit !) crazy.gif

These scammers just don't get it, from now on illegal activities are not going to be tolerated as they were in the past.

The old (and convenient) way of thinking "this is Thailand" will no longer be used as an excuse for them to break the law.

They knew what they were doing was illegal and running away proved it.

Guilty as charged.

I wonder what the "scam" was for the foreigners to seek out a law enforcer. I'm sure it had nothing to do with operating without a license.

Where does it say foreigners?

It doesn't. Says "tourists". He made a reasonable assumption given the fact only a dumb foreign tourist could get "forced" into paying 800 baht when the sign says 160.

These scammers just don't get it, from now on illegal activities are not going to be tolerated as they were in the past.

The old (and convenient) way of thinking "this is Thailand" will no longer be used as an excuse for them to break the law.

They knew what they were doing was illegal and running away proved it.

Guilty as charged.

Yeah, Thailand has been fixed. From "now on" exactly.

Damn ! The BIB didn't have to shoot the pink teddy bear did they.

They were not invited...

The operators of the booths reportedly fled the scene after seeing the security officers, leaving behind their equipment and prizes, which included toys and alcoholic beverages.

I suspect if the BiB had been with them the booth operators would have had a phone call well in advance and been able to pack all their stuff away a long time before the posy turned up... rolleyes.gif