Getting rid of my chickens.

cooked

After taking a lot of trouble raising chickens (fighting cocks) and getting a few fine specimens, I am getting tired of the constant problems, chicks disappearing or drowning in puddles, being attacked by the cock, mites and so on. We spent a lot on chicken feed for little return.

The ducks on the other hand give us eggs regularly and we actually get to eat one now and again. They seem much healthier and active and they can be let out daytimes and will eat anything.

Interested in your comments. Is it a one or the other choice? Both stay in the same coop.

when you breed/encourage angry birds what else can you expect as for chicks drowning easily over come by suitable watering devises

mites also easily overcome by the correct procedures ie ant /mite powder for that specific application

as for fighting cocks how can you expect them to behave when they are bred for only one thing to peck/kill everything on sight as for the ducks

as you say happy as pigs in s**te

I would prefer geese as I don't like duck eggs.

you would be going hungry then as geese only lay 1 clutch a year, about 7 to 12 eggs,

good ducks lay an egg every day,

back to the op, get rid of the thai chickens, what good are they,

ill sell you a trio of nice banties or the larger hens if you want,

pm me and ill send you some pics of what we have, all bred by ourselfs, bueaty chickens, and lay well dont fight, well you get the odd little fight, but they arnt bred to fight, once there is the king dick, thats his role,,

jake

• Like 1

Hi,

I am not sure where you are at, but I have a couple of breeds of domestic chickens, but they may not be the answer. If you can come for a visit, I can help you sort out your other problems re Thai chickens. I would even consider a trade. PM me if interested. BTW, if you can get some DE (diatomaceous earth) you will end your mite problem. All male fighting cocks should be in their own basket.

cheers

• Like 1

I never knew they had female fighting cocks, why dont they have to be put in baskets?

Its only the males that fight and without female fighting cocks,there would be no males...

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

I never knew they had female fighting cocks, why dont they have to be put in baskets?

Its only the males that fight and without female fighting cocks,there would be no males...

regards worgeordie

female fighting cocks do not exist.

regards Worf laugh.png

Strange world. We have a pen with Burmese fighting hens. Last week we had to split them as they were fighting in the traditional sense. Jumping at each other with flared neck feathers, the whole bit. We have a Rhode island rooster in there with them. He stays out of the way.laugh.png

Regards.

No such thing as a "female" "cock" (fighting or otherwise) - I've heard of ladyboys, but female cocks is something new to me.

There is a breed of chickens here commonly known as fighting cocks. What do you want me to say, 'the females that fighting cocks mate with?"

In my opinion... well I won't say what I think about unfunny time wasters ..

• Like 1

No harm or time wasting intended and my sincerest apologies if my post upset you.

If you believe there are "female cocks", then so be it.

"Fighting cocks" and "fighting hens" I can believe, but a female cock I will never believe until I've seen it with my own eyes.

Don't want to ruffle any feathers, so please don't take offence.

Read the thread and had a good chuckle about the 'female fighting cocks' debate.

And I got to learn about diatomaceous earth.

Thanks to everybody who contributed.

No such thing as a "female" "cock" (fighting or otherwise) - I've heard of ladyboys, but female cocks is something new to me.

There is a breed of chickens here commonly known as fighting cocks. What do you want me to say, 'the females that fighting cocks mate with?"

In my opinion... well I won't say what I think about unfunny time wasters ..

I always thought "cock" is synonymous to male. fighting <deleted>, more appropriate?