How to remove my ex wife from my house

dp4868

I do see that most suggest moving out and moving on, which has value.

There is no absolute rule to predict .. but know this ... Hell Hath No Fury Like A Thai Woman Scorned when losing face of this magnitude is on the line.

Unless you can sleep with one eye open, pack up your stuff for an extended business trip, and never come back.

Not sure you should even bother with the extended divorce process.

This is Thailand ... neither side has many rights anyway ...

Just go and never look back.

You will try to do the "right thing"
You will regret it.

A ladies point of view. If you have been married for 12 years, I'm assuming you both were happy for a time?

Just to be correct,I would let the landlord know, written, you are leaving, and I would let her continue to rent the house and to live her life as she wants. I don't think you should put her out on the streets ! Also you could share a little of the furniture necessities. Also, get your divorce settled properly !

Or, give her the money on a new contract for a condo/home rental for a few months till she finds a job. Honestly, what could all this cost you, 20 odd thousand baht ?

You do not move because you do not want to leave an issue outstanding and not settled. All you need is closure but at your own terms. You feel sorry for her and maybe you would really feel happy if she goes back to the protection and safety of her folks. Now, this divorce does not burden you financially. Try to give her some money, this will alleviate some guilt which may exist and also give her the satisfaction that a 'fair deal' was struck.

Give her what you can afford and I think things will come to closure.

This what I would do if in the same predicament.

"Over the time here she has become increasing Thai, wanting more and more money for her family etc and doing less and less."

Do you have a sociological study to support this assertion?

And have you become increasingly English, American, or wherever you are from? Drinking excessively, eating like a pig, swearing every third word, ogling girls half your age on the train, visiting prostitute bars, making generalisations about entire races of people based on your experience of one or two, etc...?

"Over the time here she has become increasing Thai, wanting more and more money for her family etc and doing less and less."

Do you have a sociological study to support this assertion?

And have you become increasingly English, American, or wherever you are from? Drinking excessively, eating like a pig, swearing every third word, ogling girls half your age on the train, visiting prostitute bars, making generalisations about entire races of people based on your experience of one or two, etc...?

Not particularly interested in thread. Same old same old. Your post is a shade harsh but off you go.

"does"

Thank you for providing constructive advice to those of us just beginning our journey.

Many forum members assume all of us are on equal footing concerning knowledge of local (Thai) mores, customs, etc.

Thanks again.

Wauw, Daniel! You must have a lot of experience with getting rid of "pesky" Thai ladies. If the OP takes your not-all-too-constructive advise, he is literally running away from his problem. Is that you approach to life in general?

To the newbies in Thailand:

1 - Thai women are generally expected to support their families

2 - If you get involved with a Thai women, make clear what you can and/or are willing to pay

3 - If you get married or commit to a long term relationship, let a lawyer draft a prenuptial.

(Thai) women are not pets you can put out in the street when you're tired of "feeding" them.

You should know that in my Father's universe and in mine are many abodes, and that there awaits the children of light the revelation of cities whose builder is God and worlds whose habit of life is righteousness and joy in the truth."

Christ Jesus

The yoga practitioner should be determined and should patiently prosecute the practice without deviation. One should be sure of success at the end and pursue this course with great perseverance, not becoming discouraged if there is any delay in the attainment of success. Success is sure for the rigid practitioner.” (Shrila Prabhupada, Bhagavad-gita, 6.24 Purport)

Move,,,, not to get her out,,, but to be able to be TOTALLY free of ANYthing that might remind you of your, "former" life with her,,, Dude,,, move, start anew,,,, solves all/any problems with her,,,,,

Edited by Adeeos

Methinks the OP is still having sex with the girl, and doesn't see how anything has changed other than a piece of paper changed one word, from married to not-married

If it was one of those paper marriages that wasn't a court document nothing for her has changed at all, except less sex with the OP,

And more new men.....

Story is weak

this is what happens when you let the woman wear the pants

grow a pair.

first thing you should have done was get in a new woman when this one stopped doing stuff. tell her the new one was going to do anything she didn't

yeah there would have been some yelling and screaming, but don't let that bother you she would be the one doing it.

then you would have had good excuse for not giving her money, it was going to the new woman that was picking up the slack.

she would either of got her fat arse with the program or left of her own accord, either way your problem was solved.

now all you can do is stuff the curtain rods in her room with prawns (shrimp), she will leave in about 2 weeks

i´ve seen that paperwork and agreements mean diddly squat in Thailand, im sure after 12 years of marriage she is entitled to something, did she cheat on you ?? got you into any kind of debt?? just something that can be used if a lawyer gets involved.... Has she ever worked at all?? i take it you dont have children?? i have seen this many times before, and better for your own sanity to move on and start fresh..maybe you end up losing a few quid, but at least you are free to get on with your life and have her out from under your feet....maybe you are still in love with her though?? still getting some?? you need to tell us all the gory details wink.pnglaugh.png Im unsure why you are reluctant to leave a rented apartment, cos im sure there are many others out there you could rent just as good...if it was a home you bought i could understand you wanting to fight for it... Aprt from a lazy freeloader, is she a decent person?? after 12 years together im sure there is still some kind of feelings there so try work things out without a war

why should you move?

Many reasons:

1.It's a house, do you really need a house now?

2.Get a condo, cheaper

3.Get far away from your leech of a wife whom has no respect for you other than your money.

4.Risk of coming home one day and seeing the place empty, Your ex has cleaned out all your stuff.

5. Risk of some sort of revenge. A knife in the back of throat perhaps

That's reasons enough wouldn't you say?

Some people can't help but create problems for themselves.

I'm not sure which is worse, the problem the poster created for himself or the idea that he would broadcast his predicament on TV expecting anything other than the most obvious solution (and the usual commentary from the Brotherhood of the Clueless whose ranks he's now joined).

Or else it's just one more fictional episode in the undending farang soap opera.

Very accurate, however I give him some credit.

He did make it last for 12 years before her true "Thai" colours started to appear.

Just curious ....do you feel she is entitled to nothing more from you after 12 years married to each other?

And do you seriously believe in that 12 years she paid for half of everything spent in the marriage [food, utilitues, rent etc] ??

I would wager she is miles ahead financially, even without knowing the details.

In my opinion she is entitle to not a satang more.

Like parents of a young 21 year old, that cannot follow house rules.

You need to realise that when you signed the divorce papers, you are no longer responsible for your ex wife well being.

You are no longer her husband. You should not be giving her money, food, attention or a place to stay. Pack up her stuff. Put it at the front gate. Lock the gates. Do not respond to any form of communication, for at least 1 year.

A dog will not leave the hand that keeps feeding it.

• Like 2

I see nothing but desperation on both sides, I'm so sorry you are in this position. As you know you are not alone, and from my experience just go.. you can always start a new life... easy to say, but it seems to me the best policy, TV's, cars, furniture are just objects, your life is much more valuable, enjoy it while you can, and if it has to be somewhere else, then so be it.

Post containing partial quote that changes the meaning of the original removed.

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. This cannot be done in such a manner that it alters the context of the original post.