DVB-T2 Anyone? I can't watch on PC with USB DVB-T2 Stick

muratremix

I bought one from china for 22 usd. It comes with a very small antenna aswell.

A licensed copy of Total Media TV 3.5 is included but, It can't find any channels. Signal is zero.

I live in Bangkok within Bangkok metro borders so I should be able to get signal right?

I tried progdvb, it makes my laptop crash (blue screen of death).

I also tried vlc, however I don't know frequencies of channels in Thailand. I tried several search queries but nothing! There is no dvb-t2 channel list in frequencies and bandwidth unbeliveable!

Can anybody help me find frequencies of channels with bandwidth and other settings?

I don't want to buy a larger in-house dvb-t2 antenna and fail again.

Thanks.

There's a Thai Government Technical Summary (portions in English, some in Thai) .pdf here

Also, how to set up a DVB-T2 System .pdf from Oxley in Thailand.

Couldn't find specific freq/bandwidth/modulation settings.

EDIT: Found something that *might* be useful. As this is another forum, the links get posted this way:

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-dvb-t2-in-thailand.128123/

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/thailand-dvbt2-tuning-details.128164/
Edited by RichCor

Thanks for links and info.

Can anybody confirm small (or very small) indoor antennas work fine in Bangkok Metro area (that is Bangkok, not pathum thani or nonthaburi but any feedback is welcome)

Or we need directional uhf/vhf antenna for dvb-t2?

I bought a passive antenna from Big C for 299 baht, no luck. It did not get signal to work with 690 baht dvb-t2 receiver either.

Anyway, I won't be in Thailand for 2 months so I'll make tests after I get back to Thailand.

I have one of these and used it in the UK, I found windows media center the best for scanning and tuning but to be honest all you are going to get are Thai channels, if that is your thing then fine, my TV has a digital tuner and have tried a few scans just to see what is there - nothing in Pattaya yet It seems, as for Bangkok I would have thought you'd be picking up something

I have one of these and used it in the UK, I found windows media center the best for scanning and tuning but to be honest all you are going to get are Thai channels, if that is your thing then fine, my TV has a digital tuner and have tried a few scans just to see what is there - nothing in Pattaya yet It seems, as for Bangkok I would have thought you'd be picking up something

Yes it would seem that Pattaya/Jomtien and the " darkside" are in a DVB-T deadspot we'll have to wait untill analogue switchoff

and/or the implementation of the "fill in" transmitters. sad.png

Here a link where some DVB-T2 reception tests were done in and just outside/north of Bangkok using USB DVB-T2 stick type devices or mobile DVB-T2 devices with small antennas...antennas like on cheap FM/AM radios. Seems the signal reception was pretty good.

http://www.yozzo.com/news-and-information/media-broadcasting/field-and-performance-test-of-mobile-dvb-t2-receivers

page in English with link to The full report by Bobby Shin.

Source: Yozzo.com

• 5 months later...

Has the original poster (muratremix) had any luck in tuning in to Thai DVB-T2 broadcast using the DVB-T2 stick?

My nature of work sees me travelling between KL in Malaysia and Southern Thailand frequently. I have the PCTV 292e TV stick, which allows me to watch digital TV on my laptop PC. It is compatible with both DVB-T and DVB-T2. It works great in KL where there is DVB-T, but couldn't detect any DVB-T2 broadcast at all when I am in SOuthern Thailand. I am at my wit's end as the manufacturer tech support says the TV stick is not faulty seeing that it works in KL. I came across this thread when trying to find out if I am the only one experiencing this problem.

I've tried multiple software to scan (The PCTV TV Center, Windows Media CEnter, VLC, Mediaportal) for DVB-T2 broadcast in Southern Thailand, once with clear line-of-sight towards the transmitter on the hill above Prince of Songkhla university in Haadyai, all with no result.

Any advice and help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ElectricDiesel

I tried it again in my townhouse, it doesn't work.

I thought it would work in home with small antennas, but it doesn't.

It may work in high rise condos, due to their location.

I will not have an antenna installed on roof for dvb-t2, I already have HD satellite in home.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried it again in my townhouse, it doesn't work.

I thought it would work in home with small antennas, but it doesn't.

It may work in high rise condos, due to their location.

I will not have an antenna installed on roof for dvb-t2, I already have HD satellite in home.

OK, I tested the stick in Songkhla near Samila Beach, where it did pick up a lot of channels. I couldn't get any in Padangbeza recently, so it may have been an antenna/signal issues. I am just relieved that the stick is not faulty.

Last year I tryed dvb t rececroition with a 36 db signal booster antenna indoor bought on amazon for 35€ and got some channels also behind strong hotel rooms forget the 300 Bhat antennas from big c, most of them have no active signal booster and a missing power plug and brings nothing!

A little outside Bangkok large antennas in over 15 meter over the roof was installed, biggest problem nationwide are the open land power lines that can make any kind of reception impossible