Can you still get double entry tourist visa?

Two entry tourist visas are still available.

In Hong Kong in order to get one you will need to show tickets out of the country for each entry.

Thanks. Are you sure about needing 2 flight tickets? I did this before in Pennang and only needed to show exit flight ticket for the first entry.

I tried calling HK consulate but doesn't seem to be any humans manning the phones, just a loop of recordings.

There have been reports of them wanting tickets out of the country for each entry.

The only nearby location to get a 2 entry visa without tickets is Vientiane or Savannakhet Laos.

Penang has not done 2 entry visas for a long time.

• Like 2

I sent my bf to get his double entry TR visa last week and it went very smoothly.

Staffs in HK were nice and didn't question my bf anything since we had provided all documents including itineraries (which I think are most important).

I'm Thai and was with my bf the whole time at the consulate. In fact, I was the one who talked to the staffs and submitted the documents for him. :)

Let me know if you have any questions.

I received a double entry visa at the consulate in Hong Kong about a month ago. They required two tickets showing me leaving within the entry/exit periods of my visa. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 1

In summary then, you can get a double entry tourist visa in Hong Kong, but only if you can prove flights in and out of Thailand to support the need for such a visa.

Savannaket and Vientiane will issue the same visa without the need for any proof of flights etc.

• Like 1

Fly to Laos/Vientienne and do it there, so much easier

You are right.

In the most Thai consulates double tourist visa is not possible are with questions are showing you have money.

In Laos capital Vientiane at the Thai consulate until now NO PROBLEMS AT AL.

You are right.

In the most Thai consulates double tourist visa is not possible are with questions are showing you have money.

Define easier? I fly often anyways and as such I always have tickets ready. If you're going to be flying somewhere, you likely have tickets already scheduled.

As long as you have tickets, the Hong Kong consulate is a million times easier. You don't have to wait in four hour lines to get your visa, in the hot sun. Instead you walk into an air conditioned building, wait for no more than fifteen minutes and you're done. So please, define easier?

Not to mention you get a trip to a pretty great place to visit.

• Like 1

You are right.

Define easier? I fly often anyways and as such I always have tickets ready. If you're going to be flying somewhere, you likely have tickets already scheduled.

As long as you have tickets, the Hong Kong consulate is a million times easier. You don't have to wait in four hour lines to get your visa, in the hot sun. Instead you walk into an air conditioned building, wait for no more than fifteen minutes and you're done. So please, define easier?

You fogot that a flight to and staying, even one night, in Hong Kong and back will cost you far more then going to Vientiane by train or even by air. Anyway you have to past to Bkk if you not live in the North are near a city with a International Airport are a big raiwaystation. And you have a plesant staying too and the GOOD LAO BEER, you can even enjoi French cuisine. And for a little money you can get your visa application done by runners. By train you are early enougt to give in your pass and the next day you have it back and can go home early evening (nighttrain).

Can someone please explain what is specifically meant by needing proof two plane tickets when applying for a double entry tourist visa. If I plan to apply for the visa tomorrow, the 30th, and receive it on Tuesday, the 31st, and plan to fly to Thailand from Hong Kong on the 1st of April....

1.) would it be sufficient to have one ticket showing a flight out before the 90th day after 1 April? In this case, it would be 25 June.

2.) and then another ticket for a flight out of Thailand for 10th of October? This assumes I was planning to leave Thailand for 2 weeks from 25 June through 15 July.

3.) and all I need to show are those two flights exiting Thailand, nothing more? not even the flight back into Thailand on the 15th of July?

Can someone please explain what is specifically meant by needing proof two plane tickets when applying for a double entry tourist visa. If I plan to apply for the visa tomorrow, the 30th, and receive it on Tuesday, the 31st, and plan to fly to Thailand from Hong Kong on the 1st of April....

1.) would it be sufficient to have one ticket showing a flight out before the 90th day after 1 April? In this case, it would be 25 June.

2.) and then another ticket for a flight out of Thailand for 10th of October? This assumes I was planning to leave Thailand for 2 weeks from 25 June through 15 July.

3.) and all I need to show are those two flights exiting Thailand, nothing more? not even the flight back into Thailand on the 15th of July?

That depends upon where you apply for the visa. Some embassies and consulates want the tickets to be 60 days apart.

If I recall correctly that is what Hong Kong wants. I suggest you contact them to confirm what they want.

Also spending two weeks between the 1st and 2nd entries might not be possible if you extend your entry by 30 days if the visa is only valid for 3 months.

So the 2nd entry must be made within 90 days of the 1st entry or is it from the date of issuance of the visa?

And then they just need to see two flights out?

What about flights INTO Thailand as well?

By my experience, HK needs to see the flight INTO Thailand, at least for a 60 day visa. So, with that in mind, do you think it would be a fair assumption that they'd want to see a flight there on 4/22 and then leave by 6/17, which would be just under 60 days, and then back in again 6/25 and out by 8/19.

So the 2nd entry must be made within 90 days of the 1st entry or is it from the date of issuance of the visa?
And then they just need to see two flights out?
What about flights INTO Thailand as well?
By my experience, HK needs to see the flight INTO Thailand, at least for a 60 day visa. So, with that in mind, do you think it would be a fair assumption that they'd want to see a flight there on 4/22 and then leave by 6/17, which would be just under 60 days, and then back in again 6/25 and out by 8/19.

All entries must be made withing three months from issuance, and will be stamped on the visa. As indicated above the flight are the ones laving Thailand. You can use fully refundable tickets, as an example when buying on expedia.com there is free cancellation withing 24 hours, actually until mindnight Pacific time of the day following purchase.

You are right.

You fogot that a flight to and staying, even one night, in Hong Kong and back will cost you far more then going to Vientiane by train or even by air. Anyway you have to past to Bkk if you not live in the North are near a city with a International Airport are a big raiwaystation. And you have a plesant staying too and the GOOD LAO BEER, you can even enjoi French cuisine. And for a little money you can get your visa application done by runners. By train you are early enougt to give in your pass and the next day you have it back and can go home early evening (nighttrain).

Not all of us are on a budget, so the cost of travel to Hong Kong is not a concern.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys

I'm planning on going to HK in 2 weeks and will ask for a single entry tourist visa (60days).

The thing is that I will get the visa for the period 6 Oct. - 4 or 5 Dec. and plan to extend it in Thailand until the 16th of Dec. (the day I will exit Thailand and date of my exit flight).

So if I show my flight ticket does it have to be before the "ENTER BEFORE" date on the visa (3 months from issuing date), or I can just write that I will fly to Thailand around 20th of October when i fill the form so that they think 20 oct + 60 days is over my exit date, if you see what I mean cause it's not clear ;)

Regards

Edited by remifr