Prayut threatens to hold onto power indefinitely

webfact

"I want to tell all of you that I am not discouraged but I am getting more angry. I am a fighter. So don't say anything to discourage me," he said during Wednesday's press meeting."

In other words, he's going to continue to develop as he has been doing, going further and further towards anger, threats, staying in power, going against his claims when he first took control, ie. 'only temporary until democracy comes back' etc. and eventually.. action.

With this attitude, it's inevitable things will aggravate and exacerbate.

Square peg = 20th century person

Round hole = 21st century world

I'd be rubbing my hands together in anticipation of even better laughs if it wasn't for the feeling that soon all this is not going to seem so funny.

• Like 1

I told you Prime Minister..........Think before you open your mouth........think and don't let anger overcome you.

You are not an Army man any more, you are the Prime Minister of Thailand.

If you could do that sometimes.......you would have been the best.

good boy... at least we know who will support him against all evidences this man will never give back the power he stole

Not a wise thing to say when you are off for meeting with Ban Ki Moon in the near future

As much as I am not a fan , I don't think that comment should be taken seriously

I haven't taken anything that he has said since 22 May seriously.

• Like 2

I told you Prime Minister..........Think before you open your mouth........think and don't let anger overcome you.

You are not an Army man any more, you are the Prime Minister of Thailand.

If you could do that sometimes.......you would have been the best.

He is still an army man!

He is chief of the military junta NCPO where he gets his absolute powers. And while he may be the PM of Thailand, he is NOT PM of the Thai people.

Edited by Srikcir

It gets worse. This piece has just appeared from Reuters.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/25/kill-journalists-report-truth-thai-leader-prayuth-chan-ocha

Can't imagine that it will do a lot for tourism or foreign direct investment.

Great Zeus. This wasn't reported in the local Thai media was it?

Last month Gen Prayuth said he had the power to shut down news outlets, and on Wednesday he took an even harsher line. “We’ll probably just execute them,” said Prayuth, without a trace of a smile, when asked by reporters how the government would deal with those who do not adhere to the official line.

The international journalists organization is going to going ballistic on this. The general is forcing the EU to impose sanctions and he just made it tougher for the USA to go easier on him. If true, he just basically killed the special trade agreement that Thailand was negotiating with Canada and has backed all the signatories on the free media agreement into a corner. Major political blunder, even if it will be dismissed as "joking".

It gets worse. This piece has just appeared from Reuters.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/25/kill-journalists-report-truth-thai-leader-prayuth-chan-ocha

Can't imagine that it will do a lot for tourism or foreign direct investment.

Great Zeus. This wasn't reported in the local Thai media was it?

Last month Gen Prayuth said he had the power to shut down news outlets, and on Wednesday he took an even harsher line. Well probably just execute them, said Prayuth, without a trace of a smile, when asked by reporters how the government would deal with those who do not adhere to the official line.

The international journalists organization is going to going ballistic on this. The general is forcing the EU to impose sanctions and he just made it tougher for the USA to go easier on him. If true, he just basically killed the special trade agreement that Thailand was negotiating with Canada and has backed all the signatories on the free media agreement into a corner. Major political blunder, even if it will be dismissed as "joking".

Hardly surprising that Thai local media dodged the quote - given the content... :)

I'm sure the fans of "the good general" will arrive soon and explain that this is better than Thaksin.

My dog could do a better job than Thaksin, and without raping and pillaging the entire country and its people.

I would have agreed (at one point) that Thaksin was a good PM "if" I didn't already know how little he cares for the people, how much he's cost the country and how much money he stole before, during and still now.

Only twelve minutes before the standard "but, but, but....Thaksin!" diversion. I give you credit for staying on top of things, the PM has said so many embarrassing things lately the Prayuth fan club must be very busy trying to divert attention.

Edited by heybruce

I'm sure the fans of "the good general" will arrive soon and explain that this is better than Thaksin.

My dog could do a better job than Thaksin, and without raping and pillaging the entire country and its people.

I would have agreed (at one point) that Thaksin was a good PM "if" I didn't already know how little he cares for the people, how much he's cost the country and how much money he stole before, during and still now.

Only twelve minutes before the standard "but, but, but....Thaksin!" diversion. I give you credit for staying on top of things, the PM has said so many embarrassing things lately the Prayuth fan club must be very busy trying to divert attention.

So, pray tell what in the topic is so embarrassing? The only thing I see is the need to threaten as a few still cause more and more delay in necessary reforms.

This was obvious a long time ago -

And people are entitled to perverted justiciary outlook in approving a military rule and no democracy in Thailand .....even if the poor Thais Themselves may not.

Opinions clearly are going to become a thing of the past.

And that's just gutless .

Dangerous

And most importantly internationally unacceptable to key players ......

In the past expats have quietly reassured themselves Thailand always finds a peaceful solution and things will be ok....it always is?

This time you might do better taking a "cold shower and a long walk "then read comments about shooting news reporters and never relinquishing power.

I sold my assets and can leave anytime .

This place is about to become a powder keg

Top two threads I saw tonight here had 'Prayuth warns this' and I see these reports daily. This man needs to realise the world won't fall rank and file for him. Or just get a spokesman. He makes a fool out of himself near enough every time he speaks.

So Thailand is now going to get leaders that will not do that - no, thought not.

Thailands economy boomed under Mr T. He also did what democrats do the world over, identified a constituency of people, and then promised them public-spending, and delivered. (They got the impression that there was at last, someone in Bangkok who gave a toss about them!)

A can has been kicked down the road in Thailand, to quote a famous Irish "politician", "They haven't gone away you know!".

• Like 1

This is like deja-vue, all over again, perhaps the PM should next declare that his government will be in-power for at least twenty years ? wink.png

Or better, perhaps he needs to focus more on the many other tasks in-hand, and leave the public-statements to his P.R.-people, like a certain former-PM, who hasn't given an embarrassing statement-to-the-media in simply ages, having learned his lesson that the words will come back at him ? facepalm.gif

Top two threads I saw tonight here had 'Prayuth warns this' and I see these reports daily. This man needs to realise the world won't fall rank and file for him. Or just get a spokesman. He makes a fool out of himself near enough every time he speaks.

Exactly, better to be thought of as a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt

Prayut Chan-O-Cha, who was appointed as prime minister a few months after seizing power in a coup last May, appeared irritated when he met reporters shortly before flying to Brunei, frequently raising his voice and shaking his head.

Can someone please tell me who appointed him? Wasn't it himself?

"Why is there all this fuss about elections?" he also asked. "(If there's no election) will anyone die?"

"I want to tell all of you that I am not discouraged but I am getting more angry. I am a fighter. So don't say anything to discourage me," he said during Wednesday's press meeting.

Why Thailand is not taken seriously anymore. Why businesses and good people are leaving.

• Like 2