Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Thought I would update this thread with a step-by-step guide, for Koh Samui area:

1. Use Windows Explorer, muddle way through endless useless instructions.

2. Make sure application is in 'Pending' status.

3. Wait 10 days.

4. Send email to Surat Thani immigration, as instructed on application.

5. Wait 2 days.

6. Call Surat Thani immigration using number provided, listen to voice message saying (in English?) 'this number is not registered'.

7. Call Samui to inquire, but ignore their reply - "Online reporting has not worked for a long time, everyone has to report to the office"

8. Lookup and call Surat on office number, listen to all options - in Thai. Hang up.

9. Ask Wife to call Surat - application is approved while she is on the phone!

Oh yes, remember it has to be from 15 days before and no less than 7 days before to do the online report.

See - it's easy.

• Like 1

I have BOI Visa and Work Permit. My 90 days reporting is due next month. I use to send documents by post to Chaeng wattana in the past, but last time they called to inform me that next time they will not accept my application and that I am eligible to report only at Chamchuri Square.  So my question is do I have to go personally to Chamchuri or Is it possible to send documents by registered post for 90 days reporting ? 

BTW Online has never worked for me... 

Any information on the above shall be appreciated folks.. thankyou.

35 minutes ago, Navin said:

So my question is do I have to go personally to Chamchuri or Is it possible to send documents by registered post for 90 days reporting ? 

I am certain you can do them by mail to the one stop center at Chamchuri.

I suggest you check with them about the address to send it to.

Did the online 90 days this week. Took 3 days of trying to get it to submit the form, then in one day (Chonburi immigration) they confirmed. Not really impressed. BTW Those with PE visa, I selected tourist, not non-immigrant.

7 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

When doing a 90 day report in person one has to report to the office one is registered at. So where is the office that accepts the report online? 

The same office where you do your reports in person. After completing the application it is sent to them for approval.

Some people never get a approval due to the office not processing them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

Nothing to specify a particular office.

The system determines the office it is sent to by the province, district and sub district you enter on page 2 of the application.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:37 PM, DrTuner said:

Did the online 90 days this week. Took 3 days of trying to get it to submit the form, then in one day (Chonburi immigration) they confirmed. Not really impressed. BTW Those with PE visa, I selected tourist, not non-immigrant.

I’m unable to submit an online report even though I’m within the designated window. I wonder if it’s because I switched from an extension based on retirement to a PE visa in March?

I successfully submitted my ~ 9th online 90-day report. Submitted at 17:45, approved (just happened to be checking the status to make sure it was "Pending", and it said "Approved" - email came ~ an hour later) at 18:15, so someone's working OT. Was able to print the Application and the Next Report Date document.

FWIW, I do not have a TM30 on file, AFAIK.

10 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I’m unable to submit an online report even though I’m within the designated window. I wonder if it’s because I switched from an extension based on retirement to a PE visa in March?

That would not prevent you from being able to submit an application for a online report.

I assume you are getting the contact you local office message. That means your record could not be found. Check that you entered everything correctly and only complete the required fields marked with a  * and try again.

15 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I think in my case it was just the system acting up. Keep trying. If you get to the second screen at least the service is responding. I think it's down more than half of the time.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That would not prevent you from being able to submit an application for a online report.

I assume you are getting the contact you local office message. That means your record could not be found. Check that you entered everything correctly and only complete the required fields marked with a  * and try again.

I've tried more than a half-dozen times over the past two days, and still no luck.

I'm getting the "contact your local office" message every time.

19 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I've tried more than a half-dozen times over the past two days, and still no luck.

I'm getting the "contact your local office" message every time.

So you've made it through the two screens?

Based on my vague recollection, which could be confirmed by searching this thread for that phrase, "contact your local office", is that your passport is not in the system (new, not used for an entry, does not match TM6, your office does not support the use of the online system. A search may reveal more reasons.

Have you ever successfully used the system?

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

So you've made it through the two screens?

Based on my vague recollection, which could be confirmed by searching this thread for that phrase, "contact your local office", is that your passport is not in the system (new, not used for an entry, does not match TM6, your office does not support the use of the online system. A search may reveal more reasons.

Have you ever successfully used the system?

I made it as far as the page where you input passport number, name, TM6, etc. When clicking "submit" I invariably get the aforementioned "contact your local office" message.

I've been using the system for as long as it's existed.

The only thing that's changed is that I switched from an extension based on retirement to a TE visa in March.

8 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

My observation would be that it throws this error message for any inconsistency in the data you have entered. For instance, for reasons I haven't identified, TM6 arrival date reverts to [today] whenever you navigate between fields after entering it, and of course I got this useless catch all message on every occasion. So thoroughly check and recheck your data whenever you get it.

I guess I don't have to say TIT, an app like this one would have never gotten into production under my authority.

5 hours ago, Momofarang said:

My observation would be that it throws this error message for any inconsistency in the data you have entered.

And for the backend server being down/connection to immigration db offline/etc. If you look at the HTTP post it makes, it's a very, very simple deal. I checked when I got the error and the reply times to get the error were <50msec, unlikely it was accessing any db. It's just extremely poorly maintained.

Good afternoon ubonjoe I have a question about my 90 days report hope you can help me. My extension of stay based upon retirement (non O ) expires this August and my 90 days report will due on 13 June. Can I do my next 90 days report online ( as before ) or I must go to the bank get a letter to prove I have THB 800K balance in the account and go to CW make the 90 days report in person? Thank you.

2 minutes ago, jjray said:

Good afternoon ubonjoe I have a question about my 90 days report hope you can help me. My extension of stay based upon retirement (non O ) expires this August and my 90 days report will due on 13 June. Can I do my next 90 days report online ( as before ) or I must go to the bank get a letter to prove I have THB 800K balance in the account and go to CW make the 90 days report in person? Thank you.

You can do your 90 day report online.

There is no requirement to show the 800k baht in the bank when you do 90 day reports.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do your 90 day report online.

There is no requirement to show the 800k baht in the bank when you do 90 day reports.

ubonjoe thanks for your quick reply... the reason I asked this question because the new 90 days report rule need to show we must have 800K balance in the account for the first 2 months ( after renew extension of stay ) and 400K balance in the account for the rest of the year. Sorry I am a bit confused about the new rule.

1 minute ago, jjray said:

ubonjoe thanks for your quick reply... the reason I asked this question because the new 90 days report rule need to show we must have 800K balance in the account for the first 2 months ( after renew extension of stay ) and 400K balance in the account for the rest of the year. Sorry I am a bit confused about the new rule.

90  day address reporting, and showing money still in the bank for a retirement extension are separate and different requirements. You may be able to achieve both at immigration if the 2 occur at the same time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

ubonjoe thanks for your quick reply... the reason I asked this question because the new 90 days report rule

jacko45k thanks for your advise, so 2 months after my next retirement extension ( Mid- August ) I must go back to CW with a bank letter to show I still have 800K in my account & 6 months later with another update account balance letter to prove I still have at least 400K in my account?

38 minutes ago, jjray said:

jacko45k thanks for your advise, so 2 months after my next retirement extension ( Mid- August ) I must go back to CW with a bank letter to show I still have 800K in my account & 6 months later with another update account balance letter to prove I still have at least 400K in my account?

I would say only if you are requested to, I am unsure wrt CW, but know Jomtiem are making this a requirement, 3 months later. An updated bank passbook is usually what is requested, not another bank letter. 

Edited by jacko45k

50 minutes ago, jjray said:

There no such rule for 90 day reporting.

The rules only state you must keep the 800k baht in the bank for 3 months and then 400k bath after that.

There is no mention of having to show it every 90 days in the rules.

There are couple of offices that are informing people to return after 3 months with there updated bank books. But Chaeng Wattana immigration is not doing that.