Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

A point I omitted, slightly by intention, is that 15th May is the date my extension finishes (marriage).

Had not realized that your last 90 day report ends early to coincide with the end of your current extension of stay......(?).

54 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Had not realized that your last 90 day report ends early to coincide with the end of your current extension of stay......(?).

This could be unique to the Udon office, it does make for a rather amusing and extremely short reporting period.

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

This could be unique to the Udon office, it does make for a rather amusing and extremely short reporting period.

Same with my last at Phuket,report dated extension due date

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

So under normal conditions, assuming a marriage extension, you have to do that one in person?

It was last year , done already. It was sorted at the extension and reverted to the original 90 day date

19 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

My extension expiry and my next 90 day report is on the same date (Surin Immigration). However, another factor is that my British Passport also expires on the same date. Everything happens on 6th June 2020.

44 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

My extension expiry and my next 90 day report is on the same date (Surin Immigration). However, another factor is that my British Passport also expires on the same date. Everything happens on 6th June 2020.

It seems that many offices have the same policy.

though your situation seems quite a bit more difficult than most, I assume that you are in contact with HMPO.

6 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It seems that many offices have the same policy.

though your situation seems quite a bit more difficult than most, I assume that you are in contact with HMPO.

No. I had a new passport issued back in December 2019. I've been reporting on-line using the old passport since then.

I was told not to leave home unless absolutely necessary so I didn't bother updating the system. (Obviously I must do this before 6th June 2020).

Edited by Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

No. I had a new passport issued back in December 2019. I've been reporting on-line using the old passport since then.

I was told not to leave home unless absolutely necessary so I didn't bother updating the system. (Obviously I must do this before 6th June 2020).

So you actually mean you have a current passport that expires in 2029 and it is not finishing on the 6th June 2020 but you had not troubled to get the stamps transferred.

Your old passport became invalid the day your new passport was issued. This of course did not affect any visa or extension in the invalid passport.

it will be a good idea to go in for your extension sometime before the end of May. I hope you got the letter from the British Embassy requesting immigration to accept the new passport and transfer the stamps, some offices may cause problems if you don’t have the letter.

very quick question guys.

doing my 90 days online for the first time

on the form its a question asking for my visa start date and expiry date.

do I input my visa start date and expiry date or my extension start and expiry dates ?

I'm on a O imm extension based on having a Thai wife 

17 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

So you actually mean you have a current passport that expires in 2029 and it is not finishing on the 6th June 2020 but you had not troubled to get the stamps transferred.

Correct. There was no reason to have the stamps transferred until necessary to apply for my next extension, viz 6th June 2020.

17 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Your old passport became invalid the day your new passport was issued. This of course did not affect any visa or extension in the invalid passport.

it will be a good idea to go in for your extension sometime before the end of May. I hope you got the letter from the British Embassy requesting immigration to accept the new passport and transfer the stamps, some offices may cause problems if you don’t have the letter.

I shall be visiting Immigration (Surin) on 27th May 2020 as this will also permit a 90 day check-in if the IO thinks that it's necessary. Under normal circumstances I would have already applied for my extension at the end of April 2020.

Funny that you should mention the British Passport Office letter. As my last passport renewal was 2010 I was not aware of the requirement to have said letter so I did not search for it in the envelope. After I discovered this new requirement I requested a copy letter from the Bangkok Embassy but because of the shutdown they will not issue one. Luckily, I still had the envelope in which the new passport was sent and therefore could locate the letter.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2015 at 12:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

It is for doing reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country.

You cannot stay longer than 90 days because your visa only allows you to get a 90 entry. You have to leave and re-enter the country to get a new entry every 90 days. You are not doing a report of any kind when you do that.

The only way you can avoid making border runs is to apply for an extension of stay. It could be for retirement, marriage to a Thai or being the legal parent of a Thai.

What's the maxium number of months for an extension of time for being married to a Thai please Jo? (maybe for, 555, "compassionate grounds" . I always thought it was 3 months.

In the past I asked for a 30  extensions due to injury  ( see the idiot who circular sawed his own foot) and was granted 60 days by the good guys at Buri Ram, who asked me if I would like longer. Obviously 9 months would be ideal, eliminating the  border run entirely, but surely this is foolish, wistful dreaming (or would require a very solid reason like extensive hospitalisation (which would presumably require contiguous 3month requests). Sorry if this is covered later in the thread or in other posts.

Also please would you point me to the exact notice that says there is an automatic amnesty for reporting from 1st May to 31st July, thanks again.

4 minutes ago, MiKT said:

What's the maxium number of months for an extension of time for being married to a Thai please Jo? (maybe for, 555, "compassionate grounds" . I always thought it was 3 months.

You can apply for one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k income.

You can apply for a 60 day extension for any entry to the country to visit your wife.

5 minutes ago, MiKT said:

Also please would you point me to the exact notice that says there is an automatic amnesty for reporting from 1st May to 31st July, thanks again.

It was originally approved on April 7th and then was extended to July 31st.

The most recent one is here. https://immigration.go.th/content/extend_alien?click=1

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 12:42 PM, nrasmussen said:

I think that is good advice. Yesterday I did my yearly extension of stay based on retirement (Songkhla Immigration, Hat Yai), and just before handing my passport back, the immigration officer checked the 90-day report receipt and reminded me that my next report is due in one month.

Have you ever done your 90 day reporting online for Hat Yai Immigration? I plan to try it next month.

14 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

Have you ever done your 90 day reporting online for Hat Yai Immigration? I plan to try it next month.

Yes, I've been doing it regularly ever since online reporting was introduced. Usually gets approved within a couple of days.

did my 90 day report online last week with Google Chrome browser without Internet Explorer plugin

approved after a few hours from Bangkok Immigration

I have a new passport w/o Thai entry stamp

last report in February didn't work, had to send it by EMS

so they finally fixed the IE only and new passport problem

• Thanks 1

my 90 day check in was not approved. all the info I gave them was true and correct. What is the problem? anyone know

here is their reply copy and pasted:

ผลการแจ้งที่พักอาศัยเกิน 90 วัน ของท่าน มีการ ไม่อนุมัติ กรุณาตรวจสอบการ ไม่อนุมัติ ได้ที่ www.immigration.go.th
Notification 90 days is Not Approved. You can check status by visit www.immigration.go.th

9 hours ago, david2923 said:

What is the problem?

To late or early to do the report. 

First report which means they would not have record of you doing on before.

Nothing to worry about though since the are not required until after July 31st.

• Like 1

I know there's a amnesty until 31st July but I decided to do an online report anyway, to avoid a potential bunfight on 1st August. Today my Android Immigration eServices app just sits there and does absolutely nothing when I fill out my email and password then press "Log in". No signs of life. I did then manage to submit an application on Internet Explorer (now at "Pending" status).

My 90 day report is due 26 May, online reporting doesn't work for me as it never has, so my question is if I have to report or are exempt because of the current situation ?

Edit : I see that exemption is till 31 July, does that mean everyone has to go August 1 and no reports can be done before that date

Edited by Susco

10 minutes ago, fourpack said:

What's the 90 day report window for on line sure it will be in here but haven't got time to do all pages and search brings up nothing exept 90 day report

Go to this page and scroll down the terms and conditions to find the info.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

"Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days until the due date of notification. ( see example )"

6 minutes ago, Susco said:

Edit : I see that exemption is till 31 July, does that mean everyone has to go August 1 and no reports can be done before that date

No

Immigration will announce the dates the report will be due. They certainly will not be wanting everybody to report on the same day.

I went to Nonthaburi immigration today and had it done

90 check in due May 25, so I think I am within the time period

I went there today had no problem but none of those people would tell me why this is

I wonder if they are trying to tell me something?

56 minutes ago, fourpack said:

What's the 90 day report window for on line sure it will be in here but haven't got time to do all pages and search brings up nothing exept 90 day report

Yes I have been having problems too. I received email yesterday saying my 90 day was approved. But can't get on App today. Just times out or says can not connect.

16 hours ago, sirholly said:

did my 90 day report online last week with Google Chrome browser without Internet Explorer plugin

approved after a few hours from Bangkok Immigration

I have a new passport w/o Thai entry stamp

last report in February didn't work, had to send it by EMS

so they finally fixed the IE only and new passport problem

It still doesn't work for me after I got a new passport in October last year. Before then I reported online without problems since 2015.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

No

Immigration will announce the dates the report will be due. They certainly will not be wanting everybody to report on the same day.

Thanks, can I still do my reporting at the office on the usual day if i want to?