Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Wonder if there will be a ceremony/unveiling tomorrow? Press coverage?

Or just a quiet flip of a switch?

And is the TM30 system covered by the 22 March date?

I wonder if everyone has been added into the "database" automagically? And accurately?

So their server has supposedly been down for "system maintenance". This is a task which normally takes both my UK and Thai banks, for example, a matter of hours to accomplish, not several weeks! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

So their server has supposedly been down for "system maintenance". This is a task which normally takes both my UK and Thai banks, for example, a matter of hours to accomplish, not several weeks! 

The system maintenance or upgrades by those banks probably take several weeks to accomplish also but the big difference is the work is performed on offline virtual machines and when the time comes, like late Saturday night, they bring the live system down long enough to bring the changed configuration online which can take a few hours and should happen without any big surprises.

From IB website: "Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days: ...

4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires."

This sounds like there's a 7-day grace period for reporting in person (without penalty) after the expiry date.

OR is it left unsaid that: "Sure, you can report up to a week late, but we're also going to fine you 2,000 Baht for being up to 7 days late."

I presume the former, but having been conned by these folks before -- can someone please clarify (from experience)?

Edited by jsnuk
clarity

9 minutes ago, jsnuk said:

They still have until 23:59:59 on Monday to keep their word ????

No they don't.

When a commitment is made to have something available by a particular date it usually means from the opening of business on that date.

Anybody who believes IB personnel are working after 16:30 is delusional.

Liberate the IB shills from their bondage.

Edited by Advocate
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, jsnuk said:

I presume the former, but having been conned by these folks before -- can someone please clarify (from experience)?

You will not be fined it you do the report within 7 days after the report date that includes the report date in the count.

I have had many reports done after the report date without ever being fined for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not be fined it you do the report within 7 days after the report date that includes the report date in the count.

I have had many reports done after the report date without ever being fined for it.

Many thanks for the clarification!  So, I can postpone my 500 km round trip to BKK for a few days ... and maybe get a reprieve on the several 100-long queues that have been reported at MTT in past days.

1 hour ago, Advocate said:

Anybody who believes IB personnel are working after 16:30 is delusional.

A few years ago we had an enterprising IO at the Surin (Kab Cheong) Office who arranged to be available at a Surin town restaurant one evening per week for Farangs to report their 90 days. She charged ฿ 100.00 each for this. Unfortunately, the greedy <deleted> who owned the restaurant stipulated that she receive 50% of the monies so it was soon discontinued.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

A few years ago we had an enterprising IO at the Surin (Kab Cheong) Office who arranged to be available at a Surin town restaurant one evening per week for Farangs to report their 90 days. She charged ฿ 100.00 each for this. Unfortunately, the greedy <deleted> who owned the restaurant stipulated that she receive 50% of the monies so it was soon discontinued.

Despite the fact it was helpful, it is corrupt on the grounds that money was charged and on the grounds that it was performed outside the premises of the IB.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

So, the 22nd half over and still no online reporting.  Are they liars, incompetent, can't tell the time, don't have a calendar, what is it?  

Fact is they really don't need to be in any particular hurry since there are still two other methods to do the 90 day report, three methods if you count agents. I think their number one priority to have the site functional again would be to lessen the work load on their officers especially in the busy locations. At the bottom of the list of priorities would be making it functional for the ever complaining Farangs.

8 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Fact is they really don't need to be in any particular hurry since there are still two other methods to do the 90 day report, three methods if you count agents.

Only one other method hereabouts (Isaan). Unless things have changed, reporting by post is not permitted by Surin Immigration and we don't have "agents".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cliveshep said:

all the bits of paper proving we sent

What were they? - I only have a Thai Post till receipt with a tracking number and using that nomber in Thai Post website it says it was delivered and "Natcha' was the recipient - but i sent it registered not 'signed for' so no signature confirmation.

Is what I have enough?

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

You might want to check your  facts and  see that many of the complaints are coming from THAIS on facebook.

I don't use Facebook so if its not too much trouble please explain to me which group of Thais, outside of Immigration, would even be aware that 90 day reporting online is down and if they are aware what are they complaining about? Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

don't use Facebook so if its not too much trouble please explain to me which group of Thais, outside of Immigration, would even be aware that 90 day reporting online is down and if they are aware what are they complaining about?

They might be complaining about the online TM30 reporting being down since it is on the extranet along with 90 day reporting.

• Like 1