Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

26 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You can have someone else make report for you

Yes, I've seen this claimed before but the details seem to be top secret, as nobody can apparently tell me who I would need to call or email to make that happen!

Edited by thatmanagain
clarity

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You can make an appointment and show up any time 15 days prior to your due date.

Unfortunately I have to work every day up until (and including) my due date.

I'm already booked off work for the whole week after. It's not financially worthwhile for me to take a day off unpaid in order to save 2,000 baht.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, thatmanagain said:

Yes, I've seen this claimed before but the details seem to be top secret, as nobody can apparently tell me who I would need to call or email to make that happen!

Not sure what is top secret or why you would need to call or email anyone.  AFAIK 90 day reporting does not require any appointment if that is what you are thinking.   Mailing requirements are outlined on web site.

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not sure what is top secret or why you would need to call or email anyone.  AFAIK 90 day reporting does not require any appointment if that is what you are thinking.   Mailing requirements are outlined on web site.

I was responding to "You can have someone else make report for you".

Seen it claimed many times, never seen a single pointer on how to engage with such services. I'd happily pay right now to arrange for a guy to come to my place on a motorbike tomorrow and collect my passport, go deal with all the paperwork, and bring it back with the receipt.

Lots of people enthusiastically tell us that this is possible. Nobody ever says how.

Edited by thatmanagain
typo

3 minutes ago, thatmanagain said:

Lots of people enthusiastically tell us that this is possible. Nobody ever says how.

There's nothing special to do. Simply give the person the same documents as if you did it yourself. Anybody can do it for you: family, friend, girlfriend, etc...

3 minutes ago, thatmanagain said:

Seen it claimed many times, never seen a single pointer on how to engage with such services. I'd happily pay right now to arrange for a guy to come to my place on a motorbike tomorrow and collect my passport, go deal with all the paperwork, and bring it back with the receipt.

Pay an agent 200bht

2 minutes ago, SymS said:

There's nothing special to do. Simply give the person the same documents as if you did it yourself. Anybody can do it for you: family, friend, girlfriend, etc...

Those people all work during business hours, as do I. Which mean I need (and would love to know the details of) a trusted, paid service.

16 minutes ago, thatmanagain said:

I have never used but as said any visa agent should be happy to do and expect they could be found with Google.  Have seen reports of hospitals offering service on pay basis also.  Many send their wife.  But when online working most people can do themselves in only a few minutes.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I have never used but as said any visa agent should be happy to do and expect they could be found with Google.  Have seen reports of hospitals offering service on pay basis also.  Many send their wife.  But when online working most people can do themselves in only a few minutes.

I'm not giving my passport to some random guy who shows up in a Google result.

People always say it's possible, but nobody ever has a specific recommendation. See, top secret! ????

But yeah, hopefully the site will be back up by the 9th and I'll be able to do it that way. It's always worked for me before, hopefully it won't be down for much longer. Fingers crossed. Cheers!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thatmanagain said:

I'm not giving my passport to some random guy who shows up in a Google result.

People always say it's possible, but nobody ever has a specific recommendation. See, top secret! ????

But yeah, hopefully the site will be back up by the 9th and I'll be able to do it that way. It's always worked for me before, hopefully it won't be down for much longer. Fingers crossed. Cheers!

Wishing you luck, I was at MTT today and when I asked many IO's about it they had no comment and said they were working on many issues.  So in my view it is down and possibly out for awhile.

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Try a bit harder ,like the one,s that advertise here for a start.

I use an adblocker, I'm not a savage ????

Why not just name them? Why the secrecy?

That's four different people now who've replied to my "top secret" observation to tell me it's easy, and yet none of them have been able to give me a website link, or phone number, or even a name...

Edited by thatmanagain
words

5 minutes ago, thatmanagain said:

That's four different people now who've replied to my "top secret" observation to tell me it's easy, and yet none of them have been able to give me a website link, or phone number, or even a name...

Does your adblocker effect google search for Thai visa service,s too?

5 hours ago, sussex said:

What's the current delay on receiving postal 90 day reports back from Chaeng Wattana? Posted mine on 8 March (arrived 9 March, due 23 March), still nothing back, it's exactly 3 weeks now. Thanks!

I have been waiting 33 days since mailing, 13 days past reporting date.

2 hours ago, thatmanagain said:

I wouldn't go near an agent. Although I trusted George in the past.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thatmanagain said:

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Procedure and notification

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

2 hours ago, Phulublub said:

https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

Procedure and notification

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

Amazing, that's the sixth vague response to my complaing about how vague the responses to this always are. Contact "another person". Sure - what's his number?

11 hours ago, Advocate said:

I have been waiting 33 days since mailing, 13 days past reporting date.

Almost the same here. Next week I will make the trip if it doesn't show up before then...Not holding my breath for that.

12 hours ago, thatmanagain said:

Already addressed that in an earlier comment. Looking for personal recommendations here, I'm not giving my passport to some random dude with a website.

Whoosh!

13 hours ago, Olmate said:

Does your adblocker effect google search for Thai visa service,s too?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, thatmanagain said:

Amazing, that's the sixth vague response to my complaing about how vague the responses to this always are. Contact "another person". Sure - what's his number?

You asked "How to engage".  I tried to help. 

Won't bother next time as clearly you want someone to come round your house, pick up your documents, file your report and return the slip to you.  Good luck with that.

PH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, thatmanagain said:

Most agents include the 90-day reporting in their overall fee for an annual extension.

Haven't seen any mention recently of agents who will just do a 90-day report. Believe they ran into issues with the TM30 requirement.

Not sure you'd be "happy" with an agent anyway: giving up your passport for a week, or more.

I'd ask around at your place of work, they may have runners who can do this for you. I often saw runners at CW - when 90-day reports were done there, now it's MTT of course, with stacks of 20 - 30 passports, filing for all their employees. Also saw many motorbike taxi drivers filing for a single third-party.

Also ask anyone who might have assisted you with your current visa/extension - they may have some ideas.

Your employer should understand that this requirement to file a 90-day report is mandatory, and they should facilitate this in any way possible. Giving you time off to do this seems reasonable. And then next time I'd plan on filing early, by post.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Haven't seen any mention recently of agents who will just do a 90-day report. Believe they ran into issues with the TM30 requirement.

I asked an agent whose service I had used before - need to have TM30 also and price has gone up from Bt500 to bt1800 - so with nearly a month before first visa extension date I sent paperwork in by EMS (recorded not signed for). What could go wrong I thought. Sent on 1st for 17th report date - received at Imm by "Natcha" on 2nd - still waiting.

So I can wait, or maybe I can send in copy of receipt and print out from Thai Post web site of receipt - but that will probably be ignored too.

NO WAY do I want to traipse out to MTT in another province to report my BANGKOK address.

So my choices are wait and delay visa extension (have 40+ days still) or pay agent - look for cheaper.

KEY QUESTION: If anybody has got postal filing back under current fiasco - how long did it take?

Any other suggestions? I have one, Imm should waive 90 day report if they are unable to process them (OK OK, I'll get my coat)

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

A new TM30 report is not needed for 90 day reporting unless you have changed your address since the last report.

When doing in person they might want to a receipt for the previous TM30 report done.

Been doing 90 day reports for many years and have never been asked for TM30 report. In fact I have never done a TM30 report or been asked for one.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A new TM30 report is not needed for 90 day reporting unless you have changed your address since the last report.

Correct.

I was simply referring to the reason agents may have stopped offering this service, especially for as little as 250 baht.

In some of the "agent-90-day" threads here it was mentioned that they (the agent) required a TM30 receipt before accepting a filing for a 90-day report.

I think it was easier when they (the agent) had a lot of business at Immigration, so batching 90-day reports over a week or so was relatively simple. 

I do include my TM30 receipt (screen-grab from web, when the system was accessible, obviously) in my filing by post.

32 minutes ago, mokwit said:

I asked an agent whose service I had used before - need to have TM30 also and price has gone up from Bt500 to bt1800 - so with nearly a month before first visa extension date I sent paperwork in by EMS (recorded not signed for). What could go wrong I thought. Sent on 1st for 17th report date - received at Imm by "Natcha" on 2nd - still waiting.

So I can wait, or maybe I can send in copy of receipt and print out from Thai Post web site of receipt - but that will probably be ignored too.

NO WAY do I want to traipse out to MTT in another province to report my BANGKOK address.

So my choices are wait and delay visa extension (have 40+ days still) or pay agent - look for cheaper.

KEY QUESTION: If anybody has got postal filing back under current fiasco - how long did it take?

Any other suggestions? I have one, Imm should waive 90 day report if they are unable to process them (OK OK, I'll get my coat)

1800 for what, a year of reports?

In some of the "agent-90-day" threads here it was mentioned that they (the agent) required a TM30 receipt before accepting a filing for a 90-day report.

This is as it was when I enquired with an agent about her doing my 90 day.

4 hours ago, Phulublub said:

You asked "How to engage".  I tried to help. 

Won't bother next time as clearly you want someone to come round your house, pick up your documents, file your report and return the slip to you.  Good luck with that.

Correct, that's exactly what I want. Would happily have paid a few thousand for such a service.

But apparently such a thing doesn't exist, or at least nobody can recommend one.

So I've reorganised my work schedule and will now go in person instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1