Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

The 15 day before the report date for mail in reports is based upon sending it by registered mail. If it is received 7 days before your report date it will be accepted. Immigration came out with a notice last year.about the 7 days before.

Bangkok normally does the approval of online reports quickly.

• Like 1

Here is an update on my on-line reporting attempts.

Could not do for my previous reporting date.

Was told by Kap Choeng that there was still problems but would be able to do next time.

Left them all my details to check for me if my details were in the computer.

This time tried many times in the available window dates.

Still could not get past the first page -contact your local immigration office.

Contacted Kap Choeng and they told me to report in person and they would sort it out for me.

Even spoke to the head of immigration in Kap Choeng he told me to ask for him when I arrive.

Today I went there, even succumbing to my wife's suggestion that I should take a 'gift' for the boss to make sure they would do all they can.

Had 3 officers including the boss being ever so helpful but really did not have a clue about the system and could do nothing.

I did ask that they make a call to whoever or whereever they set up the program to see if (a) my details was in the system or (B)

confirm what Ubonjoe informed me, and that was, anyone that entered and their arrival card is dated before 2013 is NOT in the system.

They either did not want to or 'did not understand' they seemed clueless,but latched on to Ubonjoe's reasoning about the date of entry into Thailand.

It seems my only option now to find out if this is in fact the problem is to get a Re-Entry Visa then buy a Cambodian Visa at the boder cross over

and return to get a new arrival card and then wait 3 months to see if it works. Rather expensive with total cost 2,800B but IF it works, in time, I will have saved a lot on fuel for

160 Kms round trip, unnecessary wear and tear on the car, plus save by not having to go to the border market each time, where my wife alway's finds some things to buy.

The head of immigration said he would look into this so I will try again in 3 months to see if anything has changed, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think I will then leave it until the end of December when I have to renew my yearly visa and then at the same time pay for a re-entry.

One good thing of note at Kap Choeng office. The officer who used to sit on the left at a single desk, seems to have moved on. He was soooooo very slow.

It is not my reasoning, It was what I was told in an email from immigration. See this topic I did about it.: Reply From Immigration About Message to Contact Your Offi...

My apologies Ubonjoe,

It was bad wording on my part. I knew what you meant just did not explain it very good to other forum members.

I was trying to inform others that the only sound reasoning for my lack of success is the information that you kindly passed on to me.

It is not my reasoning, It was what I was told in an email from immigration. See this topic I did about it.: Reply From Immigration About Message to Contact Your Offi...

My apologies Ubonjoe,

It was bad wording on my part. I knew what you meant just did not explain it very good to other forum members.

I was trying to inform others that the only sound reasoning for my lack of success is the information that you kindly passed on to me.

What Joe was told in the letter from his Immigration office, was also confirmed to me by an Immigration officer who used to work at Suvarnabhumi airport. She said they introduced a new system in 2013 and the 90 day online reporting would only work for those entered on that system.

I really wouldn't exit and enter again thinking that will solve the problem.

Even for those that have entered since 2013, the online reporting is still hit and miss.

If you entered before 2013 then I'd just continue with the mail option, unless you leave Thailand for a planned vacation.

My apologies Ubonjoe,

What Joe was told in the letter from his Immigration office, was also confirmed to me by an Immigration officer who used to work at Suvarnabhumi airport. She said they introduced a new system in 2013 and the 90 day online reporting would only work for those entered on that system.

Even for those that have entered since 2013, the online reporting is still hit and miss.

If you entered before 2013 then I'd just continue with the mail option, unless you leave Thailand for a planned vacation.

Thanks Faz for confirming what Ubonjoe was told.

Yes mail would be a good option and I would do that if Kap Choeng did it but they don't.

I would have though that if you entered recently or in the future you should automatically go into the system

Maybe wrong but I aim to give it a go later in the year.

I will post an update if it works then at least other forum members, who have no choice than a few hours journey and petrol costs

running up for their 90 day reports, will know the score.

Edited by Pormax

Anthony5, on 06 Aug 2015 - 21:50, said:snapback.png

Just tried to do the online reporting using Explorer.

My due date is 9 August arrived in Thailand November 2014.

Filled in every detail, used the search to enter my nationality ( so it is in English and Thai) completed the capatcha and got verified, clicked submit and got the pop up that for further information I should contact my local immigration.

Does the system not work after office hours, or shall I better don't waste more time and drive to the office?

Again and again!!!

Trying on Aug 6, due date Aug 9.

15 to 7 days before is the time frame!

My apologies Ubonjoe,

Thanks Faz for confirming what Ubonjoe was told.

Yes mail would be a good option and I would do that if Kap Choeng did it but they don't.

I would have though that if you entered recently or in the future you should automatically go into the system

Maybe wrong but I aim to give it a go later in the year.

I will post an update if it works then at least other forum members, who have no choice than a few hours journey and petrol costs

running up for their 90 day reports, will know the score.

Yes, but even being on the system doesn't assure success as many will testify.

Many Immigration offices have lost the confidence and the will to use it.

My point was not to waste your time and money on something that isn't working 100% anyway.

There appears to be too many technical problems that even Immigration have no answer to it.

By all means if your planning a trip anyway you have nothing to lose.

My point was not to waste your time and money on something that isn't working 100% anyway.

There appears to be too many technical problems that even Immigration have no answer to it.

After reading many posts on here I think many people that are having problems is a result of their own errors. There are other issues that can cause a person to get the message to contact you local office. One big one is getting a new passport sine the last entry to the country.

Could you tell us which offices that have lost confidence in it and the will to use it.

For some it would be well worth the cost to try doing a border hop if they have an old entry. I am one of those that will be doing it. I will be at immigration next month to get my extension stamp and will get a single re-entry permit to make a trip to Laos for a new entry.

There are offices that do not allow mail reports.

After reading many posts on here I think many people that are having problems is a result of their own errors. There are other issues that can cause a person to get the message to contact you local office. One big one is getting a new passport sine the last entry to the country.

Could you tell us which offices that have lost confidence in it and the will to use it.

For some it would be well worth the cost to try doing a border hop if they have an old entry. I am one of those that will be doing it. I will be at immigration next month to get my extension stamp and will get a single re-entry permit to make a trip to Laos for a new entry.

There are offices that do not allow mail reports.

Typo errors, new passports, I agree can be a part of the problem, but the problems go way beyond that.

I entered Thailand early 2014, I use IE browser as standard.

In April I was able to submit my details and get a 'pending' receipt without any problem, only to later find Amnat weren't online.

In July I wasn't able to get past the first page without the 'report to Immigration' message.

I cancelled my first pending application, I haven't changed my passport or any details, so perhaps you would like to speculate on what my problem was.

I visited Immigration within 3 weeks of my 2nd failed attempt to report online.

Remember the very nice Immigration lady who ran me through the new system and was part of a team questioning foreigners about the online issues they were having?

Well, not only did the system stop working for the Immigration office in my presence, but it stops working for anyone.

She was collecting data for Bangkok and she told me that many of the offices are reporting numerous problems, a loss of confidence and the will to try it because of wasted time. Immigrations words, not mine.

You yourself are already reporting certain offices won't/can't use the new system and then there are those offices who say they don't have the time to do it. I wonder why?

I don't know why you doubt my reports. Maybe when you have exited and re-entered Thailand Joe, you'll get a better understanding of the problems with this new system, even when your details and date of entry are all correct and on the system. The boffins who developed the system can't come up with any answers for why it works for periods, then fails. It's not just about the possible problem issues you have covered extensively, it's also about software compatibility issues.

I think it would be fair comment to say most offices are pissed of with it, as are many foreigners.

Reports on TV are just the tip of the iceberg, there are many in the local communities that aren't registered on TV, but Immigration receive the complaints from the lot of them.

I will continue to try the system, as I would advise anyone else to try.

It's a godsend to many when it works because of time, distance and cost.

But I'd also advise to do it early (15 days before) which gives time to do your report by mail if you either can't get to pending stage, or after 3 working days of pending without an approval.

Edited by Faz

The system is rubbish and support backend worse, even if the applications do get through the awful system. End of story

You may have experienced , for whatever reason, difficulty. That is no reason for describing the system as "rubbish" because it is not .

I hve now completed two on line 90 day reports without any problem and many others have also succeded in completing their reports on line.

This is a new very large and complex system. It will take time to "bed in" and for people to learn how to use it.

Remember that the West has also experienced, and continues to do so, problems with IT systems that involve banks,airlines , Government organisations etc.

You do not have to use the system there are other options which remain available.

I did my 90 day report on-line on 16 April this year and got approval on 20 April.

My next 90 day report was due on 13 July, so I made it 10 days before on 3 July and got a pending notice...it was never approved so I was forced to cancel it and go in person just before my due date.. There were no typo errors in my submission since I used my previous approval as a template.

The only difference was that my retirement extension was due on 9 July, so I made that successfully on 10 June at Chiang Mai Office.

Oh common. Maybe in a perfect world with the perfect compatible OS it's ok, and it's been this way without any improvement for how long? Even if the applications do get through they are not being cleared in the many of the local offices. My option B is post. Unfortunately our local postman stole some money from us and is now to shamefaced to come to our home. I got a post box and that's hit and miss too...so far return rate 50%. Option C 6 hour round trip to lodge in person. Sorry if I sound jaded with the whole process but that's my reallity

Edited by Kenny202

Oh common. Maybe in a perfect world with the perfect compatible OS it's ok, and it's been this way without any improvement for how long? Even if the applications do get through they are not being cleared in the many of the local offices. My option B is post. Unfortunately our local postman stole some money from us and is now to shamefaced to come to our home. I got a post box and that's hit and miss too...so far return rate 50%. Option C 6 hour round trip to lodge in person. Sorry if I sound jaded with the whole process but that's my reality

Kenny, why don't you send it by EMS return signed for.

Surely even though your out in the sticks, your local Post Office has to be a lot nearer than Immigration.

Cost about 68 baht, trackable and signed for at both ends.

I did my 90 day report on-line on 16 April this year and got approval on 20 April.

My next 90 day report was due on 13 July, so I made it 10 days before on 3 July and got a pending notice...it was never approved so I was forced to cancel it and go in person just before my due date.. There were no typo errors in my submission since I used my previous approval as a template.

The only difference was that my retirement extension was due on 9 July, so I made that successfully on 10 June at Chiang Mai Office.

In your case I can understand perhaps why it didn't work.

You were given an electronic report date of 13th July, but your extension expired on 9th July.

That's one fault diagnosed with the system then. How can you be given a report date beyond your current permission to stay?

It probably recognised the fact that your extension was due (9th July) before the next report date it had given you (13th July) and you would have to personally visit Immigration anyway.

You'll probably have better luck next time now your 90 day report has been reset.

• Like 1

You were given an electronic report date of 13th July, but your extension expired on 9th July.

That's one fault diagnosed with the system then. How can you be given a report date beyond your current permission to stay?

It probably recognised the fact that your extension was due (9th July) before the next report date it had given you (13th July) and you would have to personally visit Immigration anyway.

You'll probably have better luck next time now your 90 day report has been reset.

I think you are probably correct, in which case it will only be possible to do three 90 day reports on-line before the system rejects you because the fourth due date will be beyond your extension due date.

I think you are probably correct, in which case it will only be possible to do three 90 day reports on-line before the system rejects you because the fourth due date will be beyond your extension due date.

In many cases it will be 4 times depending if Immigration reset your next 90 day report from the date of your extension.

Applying 15 - 7 days before due date and the fact that the electronic system will give your next report date 90 days from approval, you could lose 10 days each period, which over 3 online reports equates to a month, which allows another 90 day report before your extension expires.

You may or may not just fall within the window of 30 days (45 in some cases) to do your extension early, the same time your 90 day report is due (which can be up to 7 days after) when done in person.

Oh common. Maybe in a perfect world with the perfect compatible OS it's ok, and it's been this way without any improvement for how long? Even if the applications do get through they are not being cleared in the many of the local offices. My option B is post. Unfortunately our local postman stole some money from us and is now to shamefaced to come to our home. I got a post box and that's hit and miss too...so far return rate 50%. Option C 6 hour round trip to lodge in person. Sorry if I sound jaded with the whole process but that's my reality

Surely even though your out in the sticks, your local Post Office has to be a lot nearer than Immigration.

Been there tried that. The problem is when the office return post they need to get and give me the tracking number which isn't issued until received by the returning PO. my office say they don't go to the PO only pop the mail in the box

Once you get the application completed and get the pending notice it is up to the local office to approve or disprove it.

The permit to stay date will have no effect on completing the application, There is no rule that says your next report date cannot be after your permit to stay date.

• Like 1

Been there tried that. The problem is when the office return post they need to get and give me the tracking number which isn't issued until received by the returning PO. my office say they don't go to the PO only pop the mail in the box

You've been told some BS.

When you send it by EMS the local Post Office will give you a receipt with the tracking number.

You can track that online to see when and who signed for it at Immigration

When Immigration return it they are given the receipt and tracking number.

If it fails to return ring Immigration who can supply the tracking number for you to trace it.

The receipts and tracking numbers are always given to the sender, not the receiver.

If you paid for return signed for, then Immigration should send it via the PO not the post box.

That's just Thai laziness in a nutshell.

Regardless, your mail firstly goes to your local PO for sorting and collection. You can always arrange to collect post there if you can't trust your post man. You can also check the address your putting on return mail is exactly as they have it detailed.

Once you get the application completed and get the pending notice it is up to the local office to approve or disprove it.

The permit to stay date will have no effect on completing the application, There is no rule that says your next report date cannot be after your permit to stay date.

Yep, but they neither approved or rejected rawhods online report because they could probably see his extension was due beforehand.

He would have been better to wait and do his extension when he was also within the window for doing his 90 day report.

We live and learn!

Edited by Faz

Actually if he did his extension early on 10th June, he had permission to stay until 9th July 2016.

He did his online report on July 3rd.

Sounds more like Chiang Mai either didn't have time to do the approvals, or they couldn't use the system.

Yep, but they neither approved or rejected rawhods online report because they could probably see his extension was due beforehand.

He would have been better to wait and do his extension when he was also within the window for doing his 90 day report.

We live and learn!

I suspect I his report was just ignored or not received a all. There have been other reports of CM immigration not doing an approval or disapproval.

He already had a new permit to stay date for July of 2016 when he did his application because he did his extension in June.

Although there are obviously a lot of issues - the online system must be working for most people and helping both immigration and those reporting so even with known problems it is far better than previously - my last 90 day report was done a week ago and there was nobody in queue here in Bangkok at the Latphao office, and officer had time to make a pleasant comment about my age (hope meaning was I looked younger - but fear it was well past my expiration date). smile.png

Although there are obviously a lot of issues - the online system must be working for most people and helping both immigration and those reporting so even with known problems it is far better than previously - my last 90 day report was done a week ago and there was nobody in queue here in Bangkok at the Latphao office, and officer had time to make a pleasant comment about my age (hope meaning was I looked younger - but fear it was well past my expiration date).

Why do you think that it is working for most people.

What do you base that asuumption on?

Although there are obviously a lot of issues - the online system must be working for most people and helping both immigration and those reporting so even with known problems it is far better than previously - my last 90 day report was done a week ago and there was nobody in queue here in Bangkok at the Latphao office, and officer had time to make a pleasant comment about my age (hope meaning was I looked younger - but fear it was well past my expiration date).

Why do you think that it is working for most people.

What do you base that asuumption on?

I was going to ask the same question. Only seen a few positive comments. The rest are people having issues. I need to use firefox to lodge, and then it only works if I start filling out the information from bottom to top and then maybe 1 out of 10 attempts. Then to check my application can't use firefox. It jams half way. Can only use Safari with IE 10 agent. User guide in Thai? Come on

It works in IE. I applied on the 9th, and it's now the 19th... a full 10 days. First document was marked as "pending", final one had a big "approved" mark across the top. Also came with a "Receipt of notification", and a form to print for the next notification. It worked well... albeit slowly. You've got to go slowly because all the applets and certificates are poorly coded... and check daily.