Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Just did a 90 day report online and it worked !!

However I had to use internet explorer which luckily I still have on my laptop.

I tried using my computer first which has windows 10 and the system did not want to know using Microsoft Edge.The screen just kept freezing and would not let you type the details on to the form. Has anyone had any luck with other browsers apart form IE?

IE is still there in W10, you can use it you want, Edge still needs some refinement,

do a seach (bottom left) for internet Exporer

Online application to the Udon Thani Office.

I arrived in the country on this swing on the 23 Mar 2015, tried several times to report online about 10th June but kept getting stopped by the dreaded "Go to the Immigration Office" pop up. I did my usual thing and submitted my TM47 by mail. No worries.

I'm now in the 14 day window to attempt another Online report. Opened the site, (OK I'm in!) filled in the relevant fields (left out the flight detail) all went relatively smoothly. In "Pending" now at 07:30.

It was APPROVED by 09:30

Comments:
A bit of a trial to get the system to guess my Amphur, and Tambon
Not happy with the TRN page print out. Had to print it as a PDF file and magnify to get a reasonable font size that my tied eyes can see.

Not happy with the TRN page print out. Had to print it as a PDF file and magnify to get a reasonable font size that my tied eyes can see

When I click "Application (PRINT)" or "The Next Appointment (PRINT)" I get PDFs downloaded anyway?

Might be dependent on settings/plugins in IE?

I click "The Next Appointment (PRINT)" which downloads a PDF which can perfectly be printed as the new "slip".

The download is named like

"NextAppointment*************.pdf"

"***...." being some number which does not have an obvious relation to my data.

Its in A4 size.

For the interested, they use an open source library named "JasperReports" to create the PDFs.

So likely the whole stuff is written in Java.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for that, the page I'm talking about is the initial application showing the Transaction Reference Number TRN. I had seen where the Application Status and Receipt are of PDF Format and easily manipulated.

Edited by bdenner

Although Thai, My friend came into Thailand on her American passport because she lost her Thailand ID and her Thai passport expired after living 20 years in USA. Now she has new Thai ID and passport but her visa on US passport will soon expire. What are her options ? Can she leave to fly to Malaysia and return on her Thai passport or must she get American visa extended and come back on American passport? Any suggestions are appreciated and thank you ahead of time.

Although Thai, My friend came into Thailand on her American passport because she lost her Thailand ID and her Thai passport expired after living 20 years in USA. Now she has new Thai ID and passport but her visa on US passport will soon expire. What are her options ? Can she leave to fly to Malaysia and return on her Thai passport or must she get American visa extended and come back on American passport? Any suggestions are appreciated and thank you ahead of time.

She needs to leave the country by air using her US passport and then return using her Thai passport..

Hmm... I tried the online version for the first time this morning using IE, and had no problem accessing the Immigration website (other than blowing past the certificate warning) or being able to enter in my info and/or use their pull-down boxes. But in the end, when I clicked submit, I got the dreaded:

post-58284-0-87974900-1441676455_thumb.j

Went back, and tried a couple times more in succeeding minutes, still same result.

I last entered the country around last Christmas time, and renewed by retirement extension at Chaengwattana last month. My 90 day report is due on Sept. 23, so I'm right at the 15 days in advance point. May try again tomorrow morning to see if that makes any difference.

May try again tomorrow morning to see if that makes any difference.

Try again tomorrow.

As usual the notation of the time span includes the nominal date.

So "15 days" in reality means two weeks before, which would be tomorrow (Wednesday, Sep 9).

Its poor that the SW does not give any details about whats wrong (record/name/no. not found, too early, too late).

Lazy programming!

• Like 1

Seems you were right. 14 days ahead, not 15, did the trick as I went back this morning and tried again with my online application -- Windows 10 using IE -- and it went thru fine with no hassle.

A couple of tips. At the end, when it comes to printing your confirmation of having submitted the application, be sure to use the website's "print" command button at the bottom of the webpage. If you use that, it prints out a nice full page receipt document. If you use the regular browser print command, it prints out a too small and not helpful version.

Also, I followed a tip I read above. At the very end, you'll get on your filing receipt a long TRN (Transaction Reference) # beginning "TM47..." When you go back to their website later to check for your confirmation that they've approved your filing, you'll need to enter in that long TRN# in order to check.

So, rather than facing manually typing it next time, before closing my filing receipt, I copied and saved the TRN# to a Word doc on my computer's desktop. So when I go back to check for my confirmation, I'll be able to just copy and paste in the required number.

post-58284-0-59390800-1441769488_thumb.j

When you go back to their website later to check for your confirmation that they've approved your filing, you'll need to enter in that long TRN# in order to check.

You can use this TRN, but - to me - much easier is using the other tab (Passport Information).

There you only need your passport no., date of birth and nationality which are always easy at hand.

Gives you a tabular history and then click on the magnifying glass to continue.

post-99794-0-06270600-1441771802_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

Well, checked back today on the Immigration website -- one day after I submitted my online 90-day report -- and found my report status had been APPROVED. So, that was quick and good news.

After signing in again, this time using my passport number, date of birth and nationality, it showed me a single line for my most recent transaction, with a magnifying glass icon to the far right. Clicking that brings up your APPROVED receipt and the ability, via links down at the bottom of the page, to print two different documents via Adobe PDF files -- one your APPROVED receipt, and the other a copy of your next due date 90-day reporting slip to keep in your passport (similar to the ones issued in the past by mail or at your local Immigration office).

All in all, very easy and convenient. Just use regular MS IE or similar for your browser, and have some kind of Adobe Acrobat file reader installed. And wait to apply online until no earlier than 14 days before your next due date.

BTW, my next reporting due date given was 90-days ahead of the date I did my online filing -- not 90 days ahead of my actual due date later this month. So the online system does appear to be working from the date you file.

This time, I filed online early -- 2 weeks ahead -- because I wanted time to do a postal mail filing if for some reason the online thing didn't work out for me. But now that I know it works fine at least in my situation, next time I'll wait until closer to my actual due date before doing the online filing.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

BTW, my next reporting due date given was 90-days ahead of the date I did my online filing -- not 90 days ahead of my actual due date later this month. So the online system does appear to be working from the date you file.

Here in Khon Kaen it was the date of approval (2 days after filing) from which the next due date was determined (28 AUG + 89 days = 25 NOV).

Yes, I didn't calculate the difference 90 days ahead between the day I filed and the one day later that my filing was approved. So I can't say which of the two their system was working from.

I just knew, it WASN'T based on being 90 days ahead from my actual 90-day deadline for reporting, which is almost two weeks off into the future at this point still.

I have been successful with 2 previous online reports , but with this one it has knocked me back .

Then I realised I have only 60 days left before I have to apply for the extension.

Anybody else come across this , does it sound plausible ?

I have been successful with 2 previous online reports , but with this one it has knocked me back . Then I realised I have only 60 days left before I have to apply for the extension. Anybody else come across this , does it sound plausible ?

What do you mean by knocked back. Did you get a pop up message or no approval of the application.

The 60 days remaining should not effect you being able to do the report online. You can do reports in person with just a few days remaining on an extension.

On line reporting now works well in Khon Kaen. In June 2015 it took 10 days. Yesterday, less than 24 hours. Well done Khon Kaen Immigration Office! I must admit though, i miss the banter with the staff which will now only be once a year :-(

Does it work for people who entered the country more than 10 years ago?

No. Only for those who entered from 2013.

Why? Did someone / the system delete the archives previous to that?

So I have to pingpong across a border and get stamped, and recorded by the system, because I've been incountry since Feb 2010?

Repeat every 3 years?

I have been successful with 2 previous online reports , but with this one it has knocked me back . Then I realised I have only 60 days left before I have to apply for the extension. Anybody else come across this , does it sound plausible ?

No it does not. I did my 90 Report online with only 39 days left before my Extension of Stay expires and it worked fine.

What do you mean by knocked back. Did you get a pop up message or no approval of the application.

The 60 days remaining should not effect you being able to do the report online. You can do reports in person with just a few days remaining on an extension.

It states that I must contact the immigration dept in my area.

The other bit I did not mention was , when I tried to fill in the application form it kept stalling , it took 5 minutes to fill the first page in , then when i pressed submit , the page disappeared but nothing come back , it was just a white page with nothing on it.

Then after the 3rd attempt , that's when I got the knock back.

So I have to pingpong across a border and get stamped, and recorded by the system, because I've been incountry since Feb 2010?

Repeat every 3 years?

The database that the system access only has entries after 2013 according to info from immigration but that year may not be exact.

It will not be something that happens every 3 years.

I have the same problem because my last entry was in 2008 plus I have another problem doing it because I have gotten a new passport since then.

• Like 1

Repeat every 3 years?

The database that the system access only has entries after 2013 according to info from immigration but that year may not be exact.

It will not be something that happens every 3 years.

I have the same problem because my last entry was in 2008 plus I have another problem doing it because I have gotten a new passport since then.

Yay, I got a new passport in 2013 too.

Do all border crossings get logged to this database, or just airports or...?

Thanks, Joe.

I've tried to use the 90 day reporting and cannot get past the first page. I get the first page of information in and then click submit and am instructed to contact my local immigration office, which is in Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat). I also contacted the local office by email and received no response.

I went in person and had no problems and told the officer when he suggested I try the online that I had tried and also tried to contact them using the email address from them but was still unable to successfully use the application online. He suggested I try again.

Well, here I am, I've tried again and am unsuccessful and will need to go in person. When all the bugs are worked out it will be a convenient process. I'm happy for those for whom it works and hope to be numbered among them some day.

I've tried to use the 90 day reporting and cannot get past the first page. I get the first page of information in and then click submit and am instructed to contact my local immigration office, which is in Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat). I also contacted the local office by email and received no response.

I went in person and had no problems and told the officer when he suggested I try the online that I had tried and also tried to contact them using the email address from them but was still unable to successfully use the application online. He suggested I try again.

Well, here I am, I've tried again and am unsuccessful and will need to go in person. When all the bugs are worked out it will be a convenient process. I'm happy for those for whom it works and hope to be numbered among them some day.

That happened to me also and I am not completely sure if this was the problem but I had a space between my flight carrier and the flight number. Example 1. DL 538 ( Delta Flight 538), when I took the space out between them Example 2. DL538, it worked and let me go one to the next page. Also I feel that if it says Capital Letter, you must give it that. If there is a address on your last report that you went to immigration for, make sure it is exactly the same. Just a thought, good luck.

Anyone in hua hin been successful as on my laptop with internet explorer and in sunshine internet cafe there was not sucessful at all so need an internet cafe thats ok to do it or a kind fellow there if possible so i can do it online.

A little more info would help. How were you not successful?

Were you not able to access the site or ??

I have just been informed that Kap Cheung immigration require a letter of residence from your local provincial police station in order to process a 90 day report. This would seem to negate the online reporting facility.

Anyone heard anything about this?

I have just been informed that Kap Cheung immigration require a letter of residence from your local provincial police station in order to process a 90 day report. This would seem to negate the online reporting facility.

Anyone heard anything about this?

I have heard of no such requirement if you got your extension there and have already made 90 day report to that office. Others have done successful reports online to Kap Choeng.

If you have just moved to the area and are trying to do your first report they may want that as part of formally changing your address.