Baby elephant exploited for drunk tourist rager

webfact

Baby elephant exploited for drunk tourist rager
By Coconuts Bangkok

ele1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A bunch of drunks made a baby elephant the highlight of their rager at a lavish pool party in Phuket this week while they perched their drunk a's atop it and forced it to walk across a wooden bridge over the pool of drunk fools.

Wildlife Friends Foundation Thailand shared photos of tourists having a blast at what it said was Nikki Beach Phuket Resort, with the photos spreading across social media since yesterday.

Wildlife Friends said the resort reportedly shared the photos on the Facebook page but then deleted them after taking fire on Twitter.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/03/27/baby-elephant-exploited-drunk-tourist-rager

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-03-27

• Like 1

Great reading...

A bunch of drunks made a baby elephant the highlight of their rager at a lavish pool party.

Whatever a 'rager' is.

And I thought it was now illegal to use Elephants in this way? That it has been banned for years?

Oh come off it. This is no worse than the elephants being exploited on the streets of Thailand. Because the person on the elephant is holding a bottle of bubbly their drunk just like the men, women and children in the pool are. What a lode of tripe.

And exploiting elephants on the streets is something to behooved? This act is deliberately arranged at the pool of a private resort/hotel with consent of an educated management.

• Like 1

Well elephants belong in the jungle.....but there is not enough jungle left....Why is there not enough jungle left? They burn it down to grow corn or rubbertree's or sugarcane.

So what to do with the elephants? Let them starve? Shoot them? Eat them? Feed them? Let tourists enjoy them? Put them in the zoo in a small cage?

They should be in a wildlife natural park with a solid fence around it and plenty of food. There tourists can pay to see them being elephants. But who will pay for that park?

Australia has kangaroo island, Thailand needs an elephant island?

• Like 2

Well elephants belong in the jungle.....but there is not enough jungle left....Why is there not enough jungle left? They burn it down to grow corn or rubbertree's or sugarcane.

So what to do with the elephants? Let them starve? Shoot them? Eat them? Feed them? Let tourists enjoy them? Put them in the zoo in a small cage?

They should be in a wildlife natural park with a solid fence around it and plenty of food. There tourists can pay to see them being elephants. But who will pay for that park?

Well in Thailand they breed elephants, catch babies from the jungle and import from Myanmar because the young one are good business.

So it is not that there isn't enough jungle left for the existing elephants.....They are breed on purpose.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Oh come off it. This is no worse than the elephants being exploited on the streets of Thailand. Because the person on the elephant is holding a bottle of bubbly their drunk just like the men, women and children in the pool are. What a lode of tripe.

Well perhaps if the elephant missed a step and fell into the pool and squashed your kid to death or did enormous injury to you or your gf, wife, buddy etc., you might have some more realistic thinking.

Also true that the resort and the elephant owner have something to answer for her.

Koh Chang?biggrin.png
Which koh chang?

Forget about the drunks and all the rest of the BS, given to us.

Get the elephants captor and prosecute him for exploiting the poor animal.

But nooooooo, we have always to blame the farangs..............

Are you living in a time warp . Farang tourists come to this country and behave so like idiots .This gives us all a bad name long after the idiots have gone home .

Grow up Costas and have a real look around at the idiots.

Spot on.

These a**holes come and go - but we live here.

• Like 1

I don't see how its the tourists fault for this happening.

You can still ride Elephants in Surin.

One of the chicks on the Elephant is hot.. maybe the Elephant got a rager from that.

Edited by wow64
  • Like 1

who's the owner of this baby elephant ? a farang ? who come there with this baby elephant ? a farang ? who want to make money with this baby elephant ? a farang ? who take beter care for the animals ? the thai or the farang ? so stop to blame the farang all the time . look all the dogs in thailand , stay outside , uggly , never have shower , never go to the doctor , get bad food , have many pupies cause thai don't want to spend money for operation and for nothing anyway but they love their dogs to much , lol . what about the other animals ? they kill and eat all the wild animals , birds and even the baby lezards . so who's wrong there with this baby elephant ? what about the tiger temple ? and still open ...

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Well perhaps if the elephant missed a step and fell into the pool and squashed your kid to death or did enormous injury to you or your gf, wife, buddy etc., you might have some more realistic thinking.

Also true that the resort and the elephant owner have something to answer for her.

Hloiday snap of a life time, overcrowded resort pool. If I allowed the Kid to go in this pool, the wifey would raise her voice,which would be my fault also.

A "rager"? I didn't know some 15 year old writes the news at coconuts, great.

The "Rager" had me thinking unsavory thoughts about tourists with a "Raging Boner" pulling a rape train on the beast.

My 9 year old daughter could write better headlines than most one sees in Asia.

It would have been hilarious if the elephant had taken a dump in the pool though.

I bet the tourists would have been enraged then.

"Forced it to walk across a wooden bridge over the pool of drunk fools".

Who "forced" the elephant to cross the bridge? Its mahout?

Why these people are called drunk fools?

I see just a bunch of tourist admiring the show

provided for their entertainment. I bet they didn't ask for it

I see no exploitation here and there is no evidence that the guests are fools are drunk.

What a disgusting and very judgmental article.

Your final sentence sums up coconuts very succinctly.

• Like 2