Passport for Thai Girl Friend

rumbaclave

I need some clarification. I have a fairly new Thai GF that told me she would like to get a Thai Passport so she can travel. She hit me up with something that has my antenna up. She said she pays a note on her fathers home of 7% interest a year to keep it from foreclosing as her Dad who is senile did some transaction in the past the lost all the equity. By paying the 7% interest she can keep the house but owes 100,000 Thai baht to a Thai Bank.

She said the Thai embassy will not grant her a Passport unless she pays off the 100,000 baht off in full to the bank because they are afraid she will never return and also has a 7 year old son who will not be looked after. She is divorced and the 7 year old son is currently looked after by her ex husbands parents.

I think this is total bullshit story. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? My gut feel is to throw her out as soon as I get confirmation as I do not trust her. She already is trying to get me to take over her car payments and the support her 100% financially so she can watch TV all day and talk to her friends and Facebook...etc

Edited by rumbaclave

OP: The Thai Passport office would have zero interest in your GF's financial affairs or the status of her son if she departs Thailand without him. Could be she has an issue with Thai police / Court who have requested Immigration to put a stop on her passport until she clears her debts. However, if you are that concerned go with her to the Passport Office in BKK; costs 1000 baht for a passport to be issued. Document requirements:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1415/21479-Requirements-for-the-Ordinary-e-Passports-Applicat.html

Passport Bangna-Srinakarin office
Thanya Park, Zone E, second floor.
8am-3:30pm
Airport Link Huamark

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

OP: The Thai Passport office would have zero interest in your GF's financial affairs or the status of her son if she departs Thailand without him. Could be she has an issue with Thai police / Court who have requested Immigration to put a stop on her passport until she clears her debts. However, if you are that concerned go with her to the Passport Office in BKK; costs 1000 baht for a passport to be issued. Document requirements:

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/1415/21479-Requirements-for-the-Ordinary-e-Passports-Applicat.html

Airport Link Huamark

Very easy process. Just tell her let's go and try.
  • Like 1

Airport Link Huamark

Good information simple - however, the best advice is to turn round and keep walking....

I think she's scamming you. From your other posts, you are in Thailand on a tourist visa. IMO she is going to try to get all the money she can as fast as she can. Probably no loan at all. She is just is trying to get 100k THB like she did the last guy.

Edited by mesquite

The story just changed. She has a passport. It is the German Embassy that denied a VISA request. She has a a house and a car, neither are paid off. The German embassy thinks she wants to go there as a sex worker. Apparently, having a car and a home that are not paid off in full do not qualify as equity, thus you don't get a VISA.

The story is still shaky. I am sure there are many many Thai girls working in Germany, prostituion is legal.

I start believing 80% of what the girls say are lies and then peel that back after conformation of their stories. The only thing they seem not to lie about is their age. I know they support their parents but the 5,000 baht they say they send a month is probably more like 1,000 baht.

Without a sponsor it's very unlikely that she would be issued a visa for the EU, house and car paid off or not.

The whole story you present is full of holes so my advice would be to simply refuse any payment whatsoever. I'm sure that would have a similar outcome to you handing over your hard earned cash. The girl will pack up and go, the choice is yours.

Yes I agree, the story is full of holes. I asked then same question about why there is no EU sponsor and she said there is. He owns a restaurant and she wants to work there. At the same time is asking me for money to pay for her car and crazy Dad ! Is that balls or what !

Yes I agree, the story is full of holes. I asked then same question about why there is no EU sponsor and she said there is. He owns a restaurant and she wants to work there. At the same time is asking me for money to pay for her car and crazy Dad ! Is that balls or what !

If she has a sponsor then it's the sponsors finances etc that are scrutinised, not hers. Same as before ... Paying off the car and loan will have no effect on the outcome for the visa. In any case the loan is supposed to be in her fathers name, not hers. Too many holes!!!

Asking you to pay up so that she can go and be with her boyfriend? For sure you know what to do now, YES?

If the OP sticks around with this 'girl friend' long enough, he will inevitably be able to post about when she took a call from her German 'sponsor' while he was having rumpy pumpy with her.

And he will finish that post with something like, "Wow! Are these chicks for real?!"

She has the documents written in from the German embassy detailing the rejection. Twice it was denied. I have offered to find a German of which there are many here in Pattaya to translate it for her but, surprise, she does not want to know what it says. I am sure the sponsor is not Lufthansa !

The car and house etc spoken of regarding rejection, this about "reason to return" in Visa applications they want to be cerrtain the individual has a reason to return to Thailand, ie: Job, owns property, has children and so on.

This whole description is suspicious to say the least. You already know what needs to be done, trust your gut instinct and move on.