Honda CBR250R Front Sprocket - 13 Tooth

WingNut

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Honda T13 sprocket for 520 chain is difficult to source on Thailand?

Cannot believe.

I'd bet my local shop stocks it.

Let us know.

And do make sure it fits onto the bike, won't you.

Asked a Western manager of a large Honda dealership in Bangkok that also deals in aftermarket parts etc.

(online convo)

"Do ye guys stock a 13T front sprocket for the CBR250?"

"Tried getting one recently from Ride it. They don't make it anymore though."

You owe DLang one hundred billion trillion pounds.

Perhaps your local shop isn't in Thailand, because you've only visited here once on holiday?

Are you going to recal the speedo?

Sent from my c64

I understand why changing a front wheel/tire size might suggest a 'speedo recal,'

but why after sprocket change?

Where do you think the speed is read from?
You're just messing with papa, right?
The speed is read on the speedometer.

The pick-up is at front axe.

Speedo should be okay even when coasting down a hill with no sprocket installed.

Yes, apparently the speedo says you are going a bit faster than you may be after a sprocket change. It doesn't matter much to me. I feel mine is still in the right range. The only thing that matters to me is that I can more easily stay ahead of and get out of the way of cars with a bit more torque and acceleration. And it seems to have helped me do that a bit. With this bike the power band is up at 7,000-8,000 RPM. It used to take a lot longer to get up there to where I had some good pull and with the 13T it gets me up there a bit quicker. So I can get the bike to pull a bit quicker overall now. Nice. Speed in Thailand to me seems fairly irrelevant because on my 250 I never feel like I can really go fast enough anyway.

Edited by WingNut

Yes, apparently the speedo says you are going a bit faster than you may be after a sprocket change. It doesn't matter much to me. I feel mine is still in the right range. The only thing that matters to me is that I can more easily stay ahead of and get out of the way of cars with a bit more torque and acceleration. And it seems to have helped me do that a bit. With this bike the power band is up at 7,000-8,000 RPM. It used to take a lot longer to get up there to where I had some good pull and with the 13T it gets me up there a bit quicker. So I can get the bike to pull a bit quicker overall now. Nice. Speed in Thailand to me seems fairly irrelevant because on my 250 I never feel like I can really go fast enough anyway.

Exactly why i changed 13t to my cb300 too. Never gonna need the top end speeds anyway when driving in the proximity of the city. If I would be touring with this bike then it would be 15t front sprocket to get bit more speed to highway riding.

If you have changed your sprocket and want to know how much your speedometer is off by you can use a smartphone GPS to track your speed and compare. I just downloaded this one and will test my speed soon to compare to see how much it is off by now with the sprocket change.

Speedometer» by Tim O's Studios

https://appsto.re/us/RDZ5E.i

That's a free iPhone app.

Thanks for checking that out. So no need to ever change the speedometer if you are worried about speed accuracy once you roughly how much it is off by.

I wonder though if that 10km difference, which is also about a 5-6mph difference, is the same at all speeds? Perhaps the gap widens or lessens depending on how fast you are going. Did you test it at various speeds?

I'm wondering if you were going only 5km in actual speed if the speedometer on the bike would read as much as 15km for example.

only went up to 60km/h. Dont have stand for the phone so didn't want to drive faster with one hand and looking phone at the same time. It was the about the same 10km/h at 40,50 and 60,but i could have been off by 1km/h or so cos had to look phone,speedo and street ar the same time. so didn't get so accurate data. Gonna mount(tape it :P) the phone tomorrow to the bike and do bit faster runs. Now just took quick run around the home.

Edited by Crowleys

No problem. Better not to risk dropping the phone or crashing. Maybe better to buy a cheap arm strap for the phone and then wrap it on the inside of your wrist or forearm so you can glance at it more easily while riding.

That is more than I expected. Hmmm.

So if you are going 100km on the Speedo you are really going only 80km.

I was going 135km at one point earlier today, but seems I was really going 110-115km.

I was actually tempted to test it myself today, but my phone is so big and I don't have an arm strap for it. Plus the heat out there right now might melt it. Hahah

Good work though, many thanks.

Edited by WingNut

I used the 12 o'Clock Labs one to recalibrate mine...USD75

12oclocklabs-honda-crf250l-speedo-drd.jp

This product is required to recalibrate your speedometer and odometer after changing either sprocket size or the rear tire size.

• The smallest electronic speedometer/odometer calibration device in the world.
  • Saves max speed, which can be recalled to your stock speedometer gauge
  • Widest calibration range on the market (ratio based and multiplier/divider capability)
  • Built in testing mode to ensure proper installation
  • Easier to setup than any other device on the market
  • Simple plug-in installation for many vehicles using factory OEM connectors
  • Works for any 3 wire Hall Effect Sensor, or 2 wire Ground Switch Sensors
  • Works for vehicles which display MPH or KPH
  • Ability to convert MPH to KPH, or KPH to MPH
  • Ratio based correction in 0.1% steps, up to 99.9% + or -
  • Fractional frequency multiplier & divider with 0.1 steps, up to 99.9 + or -
  • Weather proof design to protect against the elements
  • 18" wiring harness (1.5ft)
  • 3 year product replacement warranty
  • Made in the USA

I sent an email to that Link Asso Thai company, they replied a few days later saying they have one in stock, 300 baht, and I can collect it.

I did say that I could collect it from their shop in the original email.

Later asked if they could EMS it to my address, to send the total amount and I'll transfer it to their account. No reply in over a week.

So went to their address in Lad Prao 128, as listed on their website and products, all locked up with faded signs on a derelict house. rolleyes.gif

Will look later and see if I can source an address for their new location.

I sent an email to that Link Asso Thai company, they replied a few days later saying they have one in stock, 300 baht, and I can collect it.

I did say that I could collect it from their shop in the original email.

Later asked if they could EMS it to my address, to send the total amount and I'll transfer it to their account. No reply in over a week.

So went to their address in Lad Prao 128, as listed on their website and products, all locked up with faded signs on a derelict house. rolleyes.gif

Will look later and see if I can source an address for their new location.

Just had a dig thru the old CRF250 thread and came up with this...

post-90070-0-00341300-1369974928.jpg

post-90070-0-43336900-1369974941.jpg

And someone added this contact..

Those are made on consignment order for Bike Alert.

Link Associates. Paul 0818085775 is a export Asahi dealer in Bkk.

^ It's strange. I got a personal email saying I can collect it from their shop. Went to their listed address and it's obviously their old one (an old derelict house with their faded logo still hanging up). Emailed if they can EMS it to me, and sent a message on facebook (they have an active account) asking for their new address. All ignored.

In fairness, it is only a 300b sale, but still. A pity as I'd like to get one from them.

• 1 month later...

Well, amazing. rolleyes.gif

A Thai lad is selling them on facebook. along with rear sprockets and other misc stuff.

11539723_1092500124112397_48825673269104

A massive 100b. biggrin.png

Have one being sent to my place for 150b inc. EMS.

Must be made out of butter.

Will be fun to give it a go anyway.

The sprocket new is quite cheap anyway.

Where?

Pertinent question.

Wingnut?

The only other source appears to be Tyga at 800% more expensive.

Not a lot of baht, really. But for an experiment you can't go wrong at throwing away 100 baht. :D If it's good, get a new one. :)