Two-year-old boy beat and killed by stepfather

Thaivisa News

Bangkok: – Police have arrested and charged Anon Phimnu, 28, for physical assault causing death of his stepson Natcha Boonruam, aged 2.

Anon is being detained at Nimit Mai police station, pending the completion of police report and the court’s remand hearing.

The incident happened on Thursday at an apartment building in Khlong Sam Wa district.

Neighbours filed a complaint alerting police that Anon had beaten Natcha unconscious. The boy was admitted at the district hospital and died two days later.

The case doctor said the boy had broken rips cage and brain swelling.

Based on the statement of witnesses, Anon dragged the boy out of their room before beating him near the stairs.

He later carried the unconscious boy back to the room. He told his wife Suphanon Tawisut, 23, to tell “everyone” that the boy fell down the stairs. He then fled the scene.

Neighbours later convinced Suphanon to allow them to rush the boy to the hospital.

Police arrived at the scene and checked the security camera footage to confirm the beating.

They managed to track down Anon in Kamphaengphet on Sunday before bringing him to face charges in Bangkok.

Suphanon’s relatives said Anon had a history for domestic violence. His ex-wife moved out before he met Suphanon, they added.

They said Suphanon refused to heed their advice against the marriage.

For months, Anon would frequently beat Suphanon and Natcha after he got drunk.

Nimit Mai police investigator Lt Colonel Chuchai Jabthian said he would oppose the bail for Anon on grounds for being a flight risk.

If convicted, Anon is going to face imprisonment for three to 15 years.

Physically causing the death of someone is called murder. The CCTV video is absolutely atrocious and one of the worst things I've seen in a while. It was not an accident, it wasn't a fit of rage, or a "Thai miscommunication".

• Like 1

I foolishly watched the video and I hope that some of his prison mates do too. How ever many years this guy spends behind bars I hope that he gets the same treatment as he gave his stepson during every minute of every day.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Physically causing the death of someone is called murder. The CCTV video is absolutely atrocious and one of the worst things I've seen in a while. It was not an accident, it wasn't a fit of rage, or a "Thai miscommunication".

Seeing this video brings back thoughts about whether some people should be allowed to be parents.

Can't stop them of course because of human rights issues but just a thought.

Reminds me when I was at high school we had lessons about 20 hours a year (all six years) about the responsibilities of marriage and parenthood.

Just a few points I can remember:

- Takes a long time to be sure if the current bf or gf is really the one you want to spend the rest of your life plus some interesting and realistic ideas of how to analyze /

assess the other person.

- Realistic points to differentiate between lust and love and being together long-term

- Marriage and parenting is hard work every day and it always will be. If your not prepared to put in the hard work (marriage and parenting) then wait.

- The responsibilities of parenthood.

- Costs of developing a family etc., and budgeting.

I realize even more today that these lessons were taught very carefully and without judgemental stuff about sex before marriage, in fact it was never mentioned. Religion was also not included in the lessons.

• Like 1

whistling.gif If you are interested take a look on Wikipedia at the results of the research of an American scientist called John B Calhoun who did experiments on Norway Rats of the effects of forced crowding on Rat colonies (caged) at the National Institute of mental Health in the late 1950's and the 1960's.

The Rats were given all the food and shelter they required, the only thing that was done to them was to crowd larger and larger numbers of rats into a confined space.

The breakdown of the established Rat behavior is well documented.

The one relevant result to this topic is the marked increase by adults on their own and other infants due to the crowding together.

A lot like the crowding in human cities, don't you think?

Does that suggest any conclusion to you?

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Isn't the frequent child abuse carried out by step parents on their non genetic children more due to the so-called Cinderella effect?
"...In evolutionary psychology, the Cinderella effect is the alleged higher incidence of different forms of child-abuse and mistreatment by step parents than by biological parents. It takes its name from the fairy tale character Cinderella. Evolutionary psychologists describe the effect as a remnant of an adaptive reproductive strategy among primates in which males frequently kill the offspring of other males in order to bring their mothers into estrus, and give the male a chance to fertilize her himself. There is both supporting evidence for this theory and criticisms against it...

eg ...when an immigrant male lion enters a pride, it is not uncommon for him to kill the cubs fathered by other males..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinderella_effect

My wife showed me the CCTV of the guy killing the child.

Rip little one.

Some people are not fit to have children in their care.

This particular monster deserves to be hung drawn and quartered, very very slowly

• Like 2

This scum needs Intravenous drugs to keep him alive and all senses functioning as he is lowered an inch a day into electrically charged hydrofluoric acid filled with Teflon robotic piranhas

He later carried the unconscious boy back to the room. He told his wife Suphanon Tawisut, 23, to tell “everyone” that the boy fell down the stairs

And so many foreigners here fall down stairs and balconies. Little boy, you din't deserve that. Hope there's a special heaven for little kids like you.

Let Eric play you a song......

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Physically causing the death of someone is called "Homicide". "Murder" is an illegal Homicide.

Deaths occurring as a result of Execution, War, self defense and even accidents are all Homicides, but not necessarily illegal homicides or murder.

i have dealt with child murderers/beaters in the past, one thing i found about them, is narcissism in their personalities.

disturbing bastards they were, too gutless to fight men, but belt a small child no evil in that to them.

RIP little boy