Nok Air flight faces technical problems, delayed six hours

webfact

Nok Air flight faces technical problems, delayed six hours

SONGKLA, 30 March 2015, (NNT) - Nok Air flight DD7105 from Hat Yai to Bangkok was delayed for six hours due to a technical issue.

The passengers, who had already boarded the plane scheduled for 11:30 hrs, were reportedly told to disembark by airline staff. The staff revealed that the aircraft’s door could not sealed.

However, the airline made no official announcement as to when the problem would be resolved. The delay’s ambiguity only added to the frustration of the flight’s approximately 100 passengers.

Mr. Jesada Petchmedyai, Director of Hat Yai International Airport, reported only that the plane’s door could not be sealed due to a technical problem. On behalf of the Hat Yai Airport, he invited the stranded passengers to stay at its guest lounge until the plane can take off. Mr. Jesada said that some of the passengers elected to book another flight instead.

Nok Air said that flight DD7105 resumed operations and left Hat Yai at 17:45 hrs, taking a total of six hours of aircraft maintenance.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-30 footer_n.gif

Some years ago a pal of mine was sitting in a Landrover on a UK military training area. A Gazelle light helicopter landed nearby, and the crewman trotted over and asked if he had a roll of "black nasty" (slang for duct tape). As a good signaller my pal had, and obligingly handed some over. The Air Trooper thanked him, returned to his helo, applied the black nasty, waved, took off and bimbled away!

Hello All, most line A&P's in the US can't rig a door, and we would be

sent out on a field trip from the maintenance base, while on lay off from

the carrier I worked for, I worked at Air California in Oakland CA. They

had a 737 that took to much force to close the door. They had a mechanic

fly for the day to open the door for the stew's, and fixed it when it came

back after a day of flying.

rice555

My friends Dad was a BA Concord engineer and one was damaged in Dubai(I believe),they used High Speed tape and flew it home!. Sub-sonic and without passengers I think. Perfectly safe

I liked Nokair until I flew from upon ratchthani to bkk. The pilot circled three times before informing us that the plane was unable to land due to visibility. Passengers were stressed noticing we were turning left all the time. Imagine what would be going through our minds if this was posy mh370 and Germanwings. I made a complaint to nok but never received a response. My second complaint was when flying to upon ratchthani and not flight was late. The nok gate stewardess didn't look at identification. They only tore off their portion of the boarding pass.

was flying to chaing mai last year with nok air. the flight was delayed by the authorities, we were told, due to lack of visability over CM. as we sat patiently waiting two air asia flights took off for... chaing mai.

when we arrived in CM i asked friends if there had been smoke or fog over CM that morning, no there hadn't.

• Like 1

My friends Dad was a BA Concord engineer and one was damaged in Dubai(I believe),they used High Speed tape and flew it home!. Sub-sonic and without passengers I think. Perfectly safe

So it should be re-branded 'sub-sonic tape' as now we have a clear speed limit to its application.

• Like 1