Pcx front break failure

Any ideas how much new break fluid and calipers may cost?

one might think you would now use the correct spelling considering everyone replying is

did you break your brakes?

these are the breaks

hit the brakes, i need a break,

.biggrin.png

Edited by kaorop

He is changing it. That's not the issue...it's that he also said that the same can happen again ... It's something that can happen under those circumstances ... He seems quite confident of it! Has anyone else had this happen on their Pcx?!

I know the hills you're on about...I take my CRF up there. Friend of mine lost his rear brake on his CRF for pretty much the same reason...he took his GF up there and on the way back down was using more rear than front (because of the sand) and it failed.

Once you've cooked the fluid it is better to change it...and to check the pads/discs. I know a guy who takes his PCX up there all the time, the only mod he did was to change the variator to help with the hills...he does ride solo and as far as I know hasn't lost his brakes.

yeah, I have been over the top from mae nam to lamai a lot on my pcx and never had an issue solo...I don't break as hard/much solo but with my gf on the back I wanted to take it slow...fluid changed. pads look ok...and will be mostly be going solo from now on :)

• Like 1

yeah, I have been over the top from mae nam to lamai a lot on my pcx and never had an issue solo...I don't break as hard/much solo but with my gf on the back I wanted to take it slow...fluid changed. pads look ok...and will be mostly be going solo from now on smile.png

Sounds good...going over Soi 1 shouldn't cause any issues even two-up...but a few of the others ain't quite so nice LOL whistling.gif

yeah, I have been over the top from mae nam to lamai a lot on my pcx and never had an issue solo...I don't break as hard/much solo but with my gf on the back I wanted to take it slow...fluid changed. pads look ok...and will be mostly be going solo from now on smile.png

facepalm.gif ...so we'll never know....