90 day reporting now available at all 7-Eleven outlets in Thailand

Just recently they were talking requiring finger prints, DNA (even maybe sperm samples), health insurance, and life insurance for an extension. Now you can just check in with the local 7-Eleven. I like this new government. Well done.

555. CPALL, the owner of 7-11 in Thailand,is going to be right p*ssed off when scores of clapped out farangs in Chang tank tops, shorts and flip flops start showing up with their passports and photographs in 7-11 stores across Isaan.

People were still telling me about the TV's April fool on the new law prohibiting foreign men from marrying younger Thai women, as if it was gospel, for over a year after the event.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

I did mine this morning on second road 711 in Pattaya, the system works well, no hassle and no traffic at that hour

Just came back, did mine in seven minutes. Starting from next week, you can also also apply for a Non-O, or Non-B visa

Good news for those who always had to go to a consulate in Laos before. Those foreigners are allowed to enjoy a free Heineken, if the process takes longer than three minutes.

Single foreigners will be given a good looking adviser, with the option to marry her.

It was really time for such a change. Thanks to Thaivisa. God bless you.

Would you believe that at least three of my friends have sent me emails about this "news report" asking if I can check "with my sources at CM Immigration" to see if it's really true. Gheesh....

Did your sources appreciate the humor? (April Fool's Day?)

This is emancipation day in Thailand, by the way. (no fooling)

Yes you can do many things @7/11.

90 day report i do not think so. You go to immigration for your annual renewal, and they say you never report.

I do it @7/11 where is your receipt, sorry they not give receipt. You have to pay now .

Not a good idea for farangs , to many things to go wrong. You are reliant on a cashier who is not interested in doing things to help you

But even cashiers get jokes.

I think this is ridiculous....they are already doing too many things at these stores which are staffed by very young people receiving low wages. Online 90 day reporting is great and I'm willing to bet that 95% of the people required to file these reports have computer access. It always amazed me how many people actually went to Immigration for this purpose when they could have done this very easily by mail- I think some had nothing better to do with their time.

Actually, if you're going to use the mail service, from now on you have to mail your application to the designated 7-11 nearest to you. But you don't get an stamps back.

April Fools Joke, eh?

Then Lucy got some explain-in' to do...

AprilFools2015ThaiVisa.png

The selection and placement of stories on this page were determined automatically by a computer program.
The time or date displayed (including in the Timeline of Articles feature) reflects when an article was added to or updated in Google News.