90 day reporting now available at all 7-Eleven outlets in Thailand

Seriously tho' - just for a minute or 2 - the CM Immigration chief who spoke at the CM Expat Club mtg recently did say it is their intention to introduce a 'smart card' to do just that: 90 day reporting at 7-11's! But I should live that long!!

Hey Everyone,

Let's just say, it's a step in the right direction for now :-) Yes, some minor problems will/should arise......but the goal is to make it convenient for foreigners all over Thailand, and not have to trek a ways to a local immigration office, which is much less, than all the 7/11 stores! Give it time to work out the kinks :-)

Seriously tho' - just for a minute or 2 - the CM Immigration chief who spoke at the CM Expat Club mtg recently did say it is their intention to introduce a 'smart card' to do just that: 90 day reporting at 7-11's! But I should live that long!!

Actually, it wasn't the Immigration chief who made that remark, but one of his staff members. One of the Chiang Mai's on-line news services picked up what was basically an off-hand comment, falsely attributed it to the Head of the CM Office and made it sound like it was the major announcement of the entire 45 minute presentation.

Unfortunately, it took a couple months to get video of the presentation on-line, but here it is. He makes the comment at about the 4-minute mark:

Edited by NancyL

"We know that many foreigners like to buy their cheap beer and bread" Sounds rude however the beer not cheap in Thailand.

You got that right. Beer in the USA is cheaper than in Thailand!

They forgot the part about..."farangs with bad skin" ...like to buy their cheap beer and bread.

I would like to report a scam.

Went this morning to 7/11 for my 90 day reporting and they only gave me 5 stamps instead of 7 promised.

How can I report it?

You can report it at your local immigration office.

Happened to me too, went to report this, the immigration officer said the report fee would cost me 17 500 THB so I decided to only report 1 missing stamp, cost me half, 8 750 THB. biggrin.pngclap2.gif

Edited by KamalaRider

I think this is ridiculous....they are already doing too many things at these stores which are staffed by very young people receiving low wages. Online 90 day reporting is great and I'm willing to bet that 95% of the people required to file these reports have computer access. It always amazed me how many people actually went to Immigration for this purpose when they could have done this very easily by mail- I think some had nothing better to do with their time.

"It always amazed me how many people actually went to Immigration for this purpose ... "

You're obviously easily amazed ... among other things. Don't forget to flip the page on your desk calendar.

THIS MUST BE AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE

12 posts and you're already right on top of things. Welcome to Thai Visa.

Edited by Suradit69